• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Want to start playing pokemon tcg

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 10, 2014
Hi ,I want to start playing pokemon and i already have the black&white emerging power(2 packs ,one Earth and Water the other is Psychic and Fire).
I'd like you to offer me some good decks I can purchase ,not something very expensive and not cheap ,something in the middle that I can master without too much of a problem ,maybe even something i'll be able to mix with my other 2 decks.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 10, 2014
I need to know your other decks?

oops ,the other 2 decks are the black and white emerged that i mentioned xD
They are named(atleast this si their name in Amazon) -
Power Play and Toxic Tricks.
Cards list -
Toxic Tricks Theme Deck

2x Scolipede
3x Whirlipede
4x Venipede
1x Gothitelle (not the Ability one)
2x Gothorita
3x Gothita
1x Darmanitan
2x Darumaka
1x Simisear
2x Pansear
2x Sigilyph
2x Tranquill
3x Pidove
2x Woobat
2x Energy Switch
2x Switch
2x Cheren
2x Energy Retrieval
2x Great Ball
2x Pokémon Communication
12x Psychic Energy
6x Fire Energy

Power Play Theme Deck

2x Krookodile
3x Krokorok
4x Sandile
1x Gigalith
2x Boldore
3x Roggenrola
1x Beartic (Icy Wind attack for 30 + Sleep)
2x Chuchoo
1x Swanna
2x Ducklett
2x Cinccino
2x Minccino
1x Basculin
2x Throh
2x Sawk
2x Energy Search
2x Potion
2x Full Heal
2x Great Ball
2x Bianca
2x Pokemon Communication
12x Fighting Energy
6x Water Energy

Years
Well if you want a decent deck the next destiny deck with reshiram is a great one, Explosive Edge its called.

The trick is to power up reshiram to use blue flair, but before that let him take damage so you can use outrage.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've bought a lot of the 5th Gen starter decks and I can tell you they're all great for casual play. My favourites are the Leafeon/Glaceon Plasma decks and the Genesect theme deck, but as Don said I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the recent ones. Just pick one of those and then start adding to it from boosters once you get to know the deck/cards a bit better and you'll be grand. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 10, 2014
I've bought a lot of the 5th Gen starter decks and I can tell you they're all great for casual play. My favourites are the Leafeon/Glaceon Plasma decks and the Genesect theme deck, but as Don said I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the recent ones. Just pick one of those and then start adding to it from boosters once you get to know the deck/cards a bit better and you'll be grand. :)

Thank you but i already bought plasma blast genesect and valcorona ,my friend told me it's pretty good and it was his first deck.
Even if the deck is hard to master i'll manage ,if these 2 decks suck i'll just kill my friend.
Btw my current 2 decks(toxic tricks and power play from emerging powers)are good ? i can mix them with one of the plasma blast decks ? create a new deck by mixing them ?

Years
Thank you but i already bought plasma blast genesect and valcorona ,my friend told me it's pretty good and it was his first deck.
Even if the deck is hard to master i'll manage ,if these 2 decks suck i'll just kill my friend.
Btw my current 2 decks(toxic tricks and power play from emerging powers)are good ? i can mix them with one of the plasma blast decks ? create a new deck by mixing them ?

You can certainly create new decks by mixing theme decks together. The theme decks sold directly from them are primarily to get people interested in playing the game, so they're structured very simply. The deeper you dive into the game, the more complex the deck you can make. Although there's a point where a deck becomes too complex to function.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Another thing you could get is the Red Genesect Deck. It has a lot of good trainer cards, and is probably better than most theme decks. They're about $20 though.

Back