• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
Years
thanks, guys. i'll take a look at prices and decide what i'm doing.

does it matter which set i play first (FR/LG or R/S/E)? is there any continuity or reference to the past or future?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
I heard you get a shiny pokemon at 40 hours of play. Is this true? I'm about 20 minutes away from 40 hours.

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
Years
shininess is based on the IV values the pokemon has. those values are determined randomly at the point of each encounter, except for the red gyarados at LoR, which is always shiny.

i played a really long game one time, over a hundred hours, caught all 249 pokemon and didn't find one single shiny. then in another game i was just wandering from ecruteak to olivine for the first time and ran into a shiny miltank. that made me happy. i traded it to a new game, trained it, and used it to beat whitney just for vicarious revenge in the name of my other games because i always have trouble with her.

edit: oops, just realized this is for Gen 3 games but i was talking about Gen 2. this post can be deleted if it needs to be.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2009
I have Fire Red.

How can I get Lugia, because I dont naturally have the event download?
Im interested in rare water-type pokémons like Lugia, Kabuto, Articuno(although ice)...
I have those both, but Lugia is missing from my collection ;_;

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
You cannot get Lugia legally without the event, and we're not allowed to give away cheat codes here, you'll have to google it.
Oh, and Lugia is not a Water-type, it's a Psychic/Flying type.

My question - The gym in Sootopolis in Emerald is locked. What do I have to do to get it open?

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
Years
well have you done the seafloor cavern mission thing? with kyogre and Rayquaza afterwards? you have to do that if not

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
Yes you do get EV's when using exp.share on a pogey that doesn't enter battle, however it cannot be used alongside a macho brace (as one pogey can only hold 1 item at a time), I think pokerus still works with exp.share though.
Are you sure about that? I gave Exp. Share to a Larvitar to hold while my Farfech'd OHKO'd a trainer with two Bellossom but Larvitar does not get the Special Defence EV Points when he levels up, Farfech'd however does seem to get them when he levels up. :S

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
You don't always see the EVs until lv.100

So yes, Vuallum was correct, they do get EVs from exp. share

Also, could someone please give me a list of all the HMs in Leafgreen and how to get to them???

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
HM01 Cut - captain of the S.S Anne gives it to you after you rub his back
HM02 Fly - girl with a Fearow in her house on Route 16 will give it to you
HM03 Surf - given as a prize for finding the secret house in the Safari Zone
HM04 Strength - give the Golden Teeth to the Warden of the Safari Zone (in Fuchsia City)
HM05 Flash - given by Oak's Aide for having 10 (I think it's 10) Pokemon in the Dex
HM06 Rock Smash - unnecessary, but a man in the Ember Springs on Mt. Ember will give it to you

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
Where can I get the Dragon Scale in Emerald

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
Are there any trainers with Nidorina / Nidoqueen in Fire Red and where? I'm looking for EV training in HP, vs. seeker against a trainer with three nidorinas or a nidoqueen or two is faster than killing dunsparce after dunsparce. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's a girl west of Lavender that has a Nidoran f and a Nidorina. I can't think of a Nidoqueen trainer other than Giovanni and the chick in Victory Road, unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone know a combo of 2 pokes that can give me use of all HMs in LeafGreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back