• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

MAJOR Explosion at Boston Marathon

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Guys this is not a terrorist attack. It's either an act of right wing extremist or an act that the government knew about.

Boston Tea Party < taxes < 4/15 is tax day < Boston

Come on guys it's not rocket science to figure this one out. It could of been a right wing extremest doing an attack aimed at high taxes as a protest. OR the government created it to make the public think that's what happened. I mean why else would it be in BOSTON on TAX DAY?

We already know when the individual who did this (if the real individual) gets found the democratic news and the republican news will have completely separate stories involving this. They always have and always will. Also, someones probably gonna get framed for something they didn't do to protect someone else.

This is a sad event and I wish we could find different ways to settle this other than detonating explosives.

As has been pointed out, no matter what this is, it still falls in the category of terrorism. Also:

Come on guys it's not rocket science to figure this one out. It could of been a right wing extremest doing an attack aimed at high taxes as a protest. OR the government created it to make the public think that's what happened. I mean why else would it be in BOSTON on TAX DAY?

We already know when the individual who did this (if the real individual) gets found the democratic news and the republican news will have completely separate stories involving this. They always have and always will. Also, someones probably gonna get framed for something they didn't do to protect someone else.
Please, no conspiracy theories right now. 9/11 conspiracy theories are a bit interesting because there is a certain amount of reasoning / circumstantial proof behind them (not saying they're true), but I think it's safe to say that we're too early on for such theories regarding this particular event.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It looks like the reason that the 8-year-old boy was the only one reported among the victims is because he was the first to be identified. They just identified the second victim as Krystle Campbell, who they believed to have survived at first because her friend was carrying her ID.

Apparently the boy's younger sister is one of the amputees, as well. The reports are just getting worse and worse...

They were saying that the course had been swept for bombs twice earlier in the day, and if that's the case, the terrorist could have easily dropped the bags in the crowd sometime before they detonated... If any of the storefront security cameras somehow weren't damaged (or severely damaged) in the blast, maybe they could see it? Finding an anonymous person in a crowd that large is extremely, extremely difficult though.

Echidna

Years
It looks like the reason that the 8-year-old boy was the only one reported among the victims is because he was the first to be identified. They just identified the second victim as Krystle Campbell, who they believed to have survived at first because her friend was carrying her ID.

Apparently the boy's younger sister is one of the amputees, as well. The reports are just getting worse and worse...

They were saying that the course had been swept for bombs twice earlier in the day, and if that's the case, the terrorist could have easily dropped the bags in the crowd sometime before they detonated... If any of the storefront security cameras somehow weren't damaged (or severely damaged) in the blast, maybe they could see it? Finding an anonymous person in a crowd that large is extremely, extremely difficult though.
That's true, but our anti-terrorism network is pretty well equipped. Aside from credible witnesses and actual footage or forensic evidence, we're still pretty capable of finding out who was responsible via intelligence officers, chatter... etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the government had prior knowledge of a potential risk to our nation, just not where, when or how, just not within a decent predictable time-frame.

Years
There's no reason to assume that the government knew anything about this beforehand. Sure, it's possible, maybe even probable, but it's nothing we should assume. There have been terrorist attacks before that took us by complete surprise, or at least took people at the top by surprise. Think of all the mass shootings in the past where only school councilors or whoever knew there was something wrong with them. When lone individuals decide to do something horrible like this there isn't as much for anti-terrorist taskforces or whatever to notice before something happens. (I think the Unabomber went unknown for something like 17 years before he was caught.) There's not a whole lot you can do to anticipate attacks by single people with a cause/grudge/crazybrain.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
People seem to ignore the more horrid tragedies that happens in other countries but when something happens in America it's "breaking news". America is just the center of attention about everything and it's all over the world but when another country has something like this, it doesn't get recognition.

Echidna

Years
There's no reason to assume that the government knew anything about this beforehand. Sure, it's possible, maybe even probable, but it's nothing we should assume. There have been terrorist attacks before that took us by complete surprise, or at least took people at the top by surprise. Think of all the mass shootings in the past where only school councilors or whoever knew there was something wrong with them. When lone individuals decide to do something horrible like this there isn't as much for anti-terrorist taskforces or whatever to notice before something happens. (I think the Unabomber went unknown for something like 17 years before he was caught.) There's not a whole lot you can do to anticipate attacks by single people with a cause/grudge/crazybrain.
Certainly true! I wasn't trying to hand out any blame or anything, just saying that with the resources we have, there are many unconventional methods of finding those responsible. (:

People seem to ignore the more horrid tragedies that happens in other countries but when something happens in America it's "breaking news". America is just the center of attention about everything and it's all over the world but when another country has something like this, it doesn't get recognition.
Not this again. Everyone can agree that all losses and tragedies are equally horrifying. Our reaction to what happened in Boston is not caused by our specific and greater care towards Americans. We care about everyone, it's just that this one particular tragedy is gaining much more news coverage, and in turn attention, because it's so rare that such a thing happens in America. Not to mention that when something like this happens in the US, there are bound to be grand repercussions that will affect a lot more countries.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Please don't even start this, especially in this thread. It's disrespectful. If you want to talk about the tragedies that happen elsewhere, then by all means, go make a thread for it. All tragedies are bad, no matter where they are in the world. If the media doesn't think that, then that's their problem, not ours. But don't come in here and start this crap. It's just plain rude. And Pedro already covered everything else I wanted to say about this. But I just couldn't leave that alone without saying something. My absolute #1 pet peeve is when people pull this kind of statement, especially when most of the time, it's someone that didn't seem to care in the first place. One bad thing happens in America, and people say "WHAT ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING IN ____ NO ONE CARES!!!" Well, you weren't caring to begin with, so why now? Just because something happened here and is getting attention? Don't even.

I'm not attacking you in that last statement either, it's just an example of what I've seen people do in times like these.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
All I can say atm, is I am disgusted...I hope they find who ever did this....they killed an innocent little boy *shakes fists in anger*

Echidna

Years
This is quite relevant, also Live will forever hate me but ok:
Spoiler:

Sir Codin

Years
Most of you guys are Americans to begin with, and there's nothing wrong with feeling partial to tragedy in Anywhere, USA. Besides, these things aren't "supposed" to happen in the US anyways. The government is seen as legitimate, Protestants and Catholics aren't at each other's necks, and everybody has a decent standard of living. Violent attacks are considerably more normal and expected, wherever they happen elsewhere.

Guest123_x1

Once again, we have another big tragedy strike America... people die in it, and it doesn't look like this stuff is ever going to end. Then Pakistan gets hit with an earthquake! This kind of stuff makes me wish I could hop in a time machine and go back to the 1800s-when the world was a much better place! I keep hearing more and more of these major tragedies are going to occur and much more frequently as we head into the Tribulation. (I wish the world had ended and rapture took place the morning of 9-11, before the first of the Twin Towers was hit.)
And once again, people like me will be persecuted (I'm a white male Christian, non-Hispanic, which all of these are major strikes against me in society, and especially in the job market) even more than before as a result of this attack.
It's even worse when young children die in these attacks!

The world as a whole is more violent than it was before Noah's flood!

Years
Noooo! if you time travel back in time to the 1800's as a white male Christian, you'll be a slaveowner and wifebeater if you're well off, or just being racist if you're lower class. And then you might die from infectious diseases like polio, TB or the flu!

Even if White Christian males aren't as OP as they were 200 years ago, they're still the privileged class today XD And it's always amusing to hear the privileged complain about their "persecution". I suggest you forget about persecution and make the most of your esteemed status while you can!

The world is not more violent than it was before Noah's flood, back then there were no laws and thus any man could punish any other man to whatever limits he desire. It only seems more violent because of the media. Crime rates are mostly going down. And at the end of the day, you're still a White Christian male. You've got nothing to be afraid of, really.

Sir Codin

This kind of stuff makes me wish I could hop in a time machine and go back to the 1800s-when the world was a much better place!
Right, no internet, no Pokemon, and just try coming out as gay or even atheist, oh and did I mention legal slavery in America for the first half of the century.

Oh, lets not forget a mean lifespan of little more than a quarter of a century.

This isn't even going into the Wars fought in many countries back then (for us Americans, it was the good ol' Civil War)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
As much as I hate to say this. When I seen on the news Boston got bombed I was not shocked. It's just another tragedy happening in America that's gonna be the hot topic for a week or two and be "forgotten" after that. It's not gonna be completely forgotten but no ones gonna talk about it just like every other tragedy in America. I mean yea it's sickening that people do this but if you compare the 3 deaths and 100+ casualties that happened then it's nothing compared to what happens every single day here in America. It's gotten attention because it's bombs and what it caused.

I just have a feeling the government knew about this, because of where it was taken place and when it was taken place. But we don't know for sure, were just making assumptions now. Realistically the real truth wont come out.. It never does.

Years
I was relatively shocked because it came out of nowhere. And this is the first time I have experienced finding out about a crisis within 5 minutes of it happening, so in terms of mind=blown, then yeah it was shocking. But that's how we deal with tragedies anyway, it's part of the grieving process so we can move on. It wouldn't be very good if we had to bear the burden of every loss on our shoulders every day, would it?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's just another tragedy happening in America that's gonna be the hot topic for a week or two and be "forgotten" after that.

I don't think these things are ever truly forgotten, though. We grieve and we move on with our lives, but the pain the news of these tragedies bring us will never just leave us. We'll always remember how we felt on those days. I remember 9/11, I remember Virginia Tech, I remember Sandy Hook, and I remember quite a few more tragedies than those. But BlahISuck hit the nail on the head really. We can't be sad forever. Some things may take more time than others to recover from, and we heal, but we won't forget.

Back