• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dot Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Evil organizations always fail. They come up with a grand plot and then are thwarted by a nobody teenager when their plans were nearly coming to fruition. What, then, happens when four of the world's evil organizations come together to form one opposition force with a REAL threat?

You start off as a twelve year-old protagonist who I will call Jamie (could be a boy or girl). Jamie lives in the Pepto region, a chain of four medium-sized islands that have nothing to do with each other but the fact that they have a common government. You live in Hoppip Heights, the largest city on the westernmost island. Your father, Kyle Pepper, Ph. D teaches archaeology at the local university. Attention recently was brought upon yourselves when he published his latest research, a little evidence indicating that the Pepto Archipelago is at the center of the continents when they were formed based on geologic features, wildlife, and whatnot. This interests four teams in four different ways.
-Team Rocket-->having been overran in enough regions already, what remains of the dedicated criminals decided Pepto to be their next target. They intend on overthrowing the government and making the entire region Rocket-controlled
-Team Magma-->just because it was dissolved does not mean a few extremely dedicated members still do not exist. They come to Pepto thinking that they would be able to find ways to increase the landmass if the landmasses did indeed start here.
-Team Galactic-->obviously, this happens after the events of DP. Comander Jupiter grabbed enough members and came to Pepto only to find what interests them-- a possible connection to Palkia. The spacial consequences of making continents undoubtedly exists, so whatever secrets may lie in this region could yet further Cyrus's original vision.
-Team Green-->the local criminal group of Pepto, Team Green are a bunch of superenvironmentalists who force their Earth-first philosophy. They know the region well.

These evil teams all do their own things for a duration. One day, Green Admin Joe and two thugs attempt the 'important person kidnapping' on your father. They fail. Your father decides to, for your safety, send you moving throughout Pepto and not sitting in danger. He offers you three pokemon, a Fire type, a Water type, and a Normal type which can be seen outside with ease. Where's the Grass type? Joe stole it for himself. So you go off to collect the eight badges of Pepto, two per island. The second Gym leader of your island was sent to the Pepto Prison for affliations with Team Green. You have to go to the capital city's jail on the northernmost island to fight him (so that island has three).

After collecting five badges, news spreads that Team Rocket has overrun Pentapoint City, the capital mentioned earlier. Magnus, the current leader of Team Rocket, is now the president. He requires that, by law, all citizens must enlist with one of the four 'legal teams' (evidently, these groups already striked up some kind of deal, else Magnus would have just made everyone Team Rocket members). Jamie signs on with Team Galactic. After seeing the Galactic Hideout and meeting Jupiter face-to-face (getting five badges puts you on the radar), you have the opportunity to win two more. Of course, that entails fighting genuine Team Magma, Rocket, and Green members on the way because you do not agree with the horrible things they do. The latest Team Galactic meeting gives Jamie the idea that they are close to solving the 'Riddle of the Dots', the mystery behind the Regis (especially Regigigas, the pokemon that put the continents together). However, they need to find a 'lost island', as the seven 'Regi Dots' correspond to landmasses: the four Pepto islands, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and one unaccounted for island. They are currently searching for it.

Knowing that all of this is within the scope of your dad's research, you go home to Hoppip Heights to see dad. Dr. Pepper says that these teams are apparently using each other tog et what they want. Galactic and Magma work closely since they want nearly identical results. Green is just being used because they know the region well. Rocket protects them legally and hides the 'real' members because everyone has to be a member. Apparently that is not the entire story because Green Admin Joe appears again to get information from the professor, except this team you are here to fight him. Beating him gets you your now third-stage Grass type back. You lose the Galactic uniform and, with your dad's Dive HM, try to find out what exactly they are up to.

Galactic scientists are the only intelligent people in their ranks; they could find Nu, the 'last' of the seven dots. Galactic hoped for Palkia toc reate a new world. Magma hoped for a Groudon superior to rid the Earth of all saltwater. Green just hoped that whatever was down there was environmentally-friendly. Rocket new that whatever was down there was dangerous and would assist them in their tyrannical government. Seriously, what else could be down there other than Zerodee, the dimensional pokemon? This pokemon, contained by thick walls of rock and high water pressure above, does little else but maintain Earth's 3-D look. Any disturbances could make the world go flat really quickly, or make flat things go three-dimensional. Can Jamie, a regular kid with only seven badges, stop Leader Jupiter from harnessing such a pokemon, in addition to the other three teams backing her up? And who knows what the Rocket scientists have been doing this entire time? They must have had some reason for taking this region other than for Zerodee.

What do you think? :) And, obviously, there are pokemon for other dimensions, as well. They are just other legends found after catching Zerodee. Palkia is more for space, whereas these are more focused on Earth.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Well, it seems pretty intresting. If you can get to work on it, It might become quite a good game. I'd like to see some graphics, first of all. And; you should think up a better name... Really. I mean... Dot? I'm sorry, but. :/ Good luck with this.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
What would you rather I called it? Pokemon Cadmium Version? No, what about Pokemon Opal Version? Dot is appropriate, especially with the largle possibility of dot puzzles similar to the four ones at the Ruins of Alph but with dots instead of carved-in lines.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
I like the idea of this game it's pretty unique can't wait to see some screens.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Uhhh...Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think we all know that most people on the internet don't have the attention span to read something of this length (I should know...). However, the story is very thoughtfully written and seems like it could possibly go somewhere. The only thing I don't like is that the world is an archipelago. Most players who have ever gone through the lengthy and laborious sea routes from R/S/E will tell you how boring long patches of surfing are.

And come to think of it, dimensional pokemon? Changing the number of dimensions in a game seems unique, but not exactly the best idea I've ever heard.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Uhhh...Hate to be the bearer of bad news If you hate it, then why do you do it? :S, but I think we all know that most people on the internet don't have the attention span to read something of this length Yeah? Not my problem... (I should know...). However, the story is very thoughtfully written and seems like it could possibly go somewhere. The only thing I don't like is that the world is an archipelago. Most players who have ever gone through the lengthy and laborious sea routes from R/S/E will tell you how boring long patches of surfing are. I happen to love eastern Hoenn, but I understand your point. It would obviously run on a quick ferry system because it would get tedious to surf between the four islands EVERY time...think Phantom Hourglass.

And come to think of it, dimensional pokemon Would you rather I made it Palkia's secret hiding place/summer home?? Changing the number of dimensions in a game seems unique I never said that is the gameplay gimmick; that is merely what you're trying to prevent from happening..., but not exactly the best idea I've ever heard I agree =D....
Thanks for the comments, people!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
this seems ok. you should maybe show something soon. like characters,screens a feature list or something. to be honest this isnt that good. tbh the four organizations thing kinda sucks. just my personnal opinion. It seems like you focus more on the teams than little things that play a big part in pokemon game. But I'll wait befoer I post again. I wanna see screens.

I'd also advise you dont try and criticize the other games here until you can make your better. It isn't too good either.

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Evil organizations always fail. They come up with a grand plot and then are thwarted by a nobody teenager when their plans were nearly coming to fruition. What, then, happens when four of the world's evil organizations come together to form one opposition force with a REAL threat? This seems interesting actually.

You start off as a twelve year-old protagonist who I will call Jamie (could be a boy or girl). Jamie lives in the Pepto That doesn't seem like a good name. region, a chain of four medium-sized islands that have nothing to do with each other but the fact that they have a common government. You live in Hoppip Heights, the largest city on the westernmost island. Your father, Kyle Pepper, Ph. D teaches archaeology at the local university. Attention recently was brought upon yourselves when he published his latest research, a little evidence indicating that the Pepto Archipelago is at the center of the continents when they were formed based on geologic features, wildlife, and whatnot. This interests four teams in four different ways.
-Team Rocket-->having been overran in enough regions already, what remains of the dedicated criminals decided Pepto to be their next target. They intend on overthrowing the government and making the entire region Rocket-controlled
-Team Magma-->just because it was dissolved does not mean a few extremely dedicated members still do not exist. They come to Pepto thinking that they would be able to find ways to increase the landmass if the landmasses did indeed start here.
-Team Galactic-->obviously, this happens after the events of DP. Comander Jupiter grabbed enough members and came to Pepto only to find what interests them-- a possible connection to Palkia. In Diamond, they went after Dialga, so this sorta doesn't make sense in some ways The spacial consequences of making continents undoubtedly exists, so whatever secrets may lie in this region could yet further Cyrus's original vision.
-Team Green This Needs a better name.-->the local criminal group of Pepto, Team Green are a bunch of superenvironmentalists who force their Earth-first philosophy. They know the region well.

These evil teams all do their own things for a duration. One day, Green Admin Joe and two thugs attempt the 'important person kidnapping' on your father. They fail. Your father decides to, for your safety, send you moving throughout Pepto and not sitting in danger. He offers you three pokemon, a Fire type, a Water type, and a Normal type which can be seen outside with ease. Where's the Grass type? Joe stole it for himself. So you go off to collect the eight badges of Pepto, two per island. The second Gym leader of your island was sent to the Pepto Prison for affliations with Team Green. You have to go to the capital city's jail on the northernmost island to fight him (so that island has three). I applaud you for the gym leader in jail thing, it's a new idea. I think...

After collecting five badges, news spreads that Team Rocket has overrun Pentapoint City, the capital mentioned earlier. Magnus, the current leader of Team Rocket, is now the president. He requires that, by law, all citizens must enlist with one of the four 'legal teams' (evidently, these groups already striked up some kind of deal, else Magnus would have just made everyone Team Rocket members). Jamie signs on with Team Galactic. After seeing the Galactic Hideout and meeting Jupiter face-to-face (getting five badges puts you on the radar), you have the opportunity to win two more. Of course, that entails fighting genuine Team Magma, Rocket, and Green members on the way because you do not agree with the horrible things they do. The latest Team Galactic meeting gives Jamie the idea that they are close to solving the 'Riddle of the Dots', the mystery behind the Regis (especially Regigigas, the pokemon that put the continents together). However, they need to find a 'lost island', as the seven 'Regi Dots' correspond to landmasses: the four Pepto islands, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and one unaccounted for island. They are currently searching for it.

Knowing that all of this is within the scope of your dad's research, you go home to Hoppip Heights to see dad. Dr. Pepper says that these teams are apparently using each other tog et what they want. Galactic and Magma work closely since they want nearly identical results. Green is just being used because they know the region well. Rocket protects them legally and hides the 'real' members because everyone has to be a member. Apparently that is not the entire story because Green Admin Joe appears again to get information from the professor, except this team you are here to fight him. Beating him gets you your now third-stage Grass type back. You lose the Galactic uniform and, with your dad's Dive HM, try to find out what exactly they are up to.

Galactic scientists are the only intelligent people in their ranks; they could find Nu, the 'last' of the seven dots. Galactic hoped for Palkia toc reate a new world. Magma hoped for a Groudon superior to rid the Earth of all saltwater. Green just hoped that whatever was down there was environmentally-friendly. Rocket new that whatever was down there was dangerous and would assist them in their tyrannical government. Seriously, what else could be down there other than Zerodee, the dimensional pokemon? This pokemon, contained by thick walls of rock and high water pressure above, does little else but maintain Earth's 3-D look. Any disturbances could make the world go flat really quickly, or make flat things go three-dimensional. Can Jamie, a regular kid with only seven badges, stop Leader Jupiter from harnessing such a pokemon, in addition to the other three teams backing her up? And who knows what the Rocket scientists have been doing this entire time? They must have had some reason for taking this region other than for Zerodee.

What do you think? :) And, obviously, there are pokemon for other dimensions, as well. They are just other legends found after catching Zerodee. Palkia is more for space, whereas these are more focused on Earth.

I think this needs a little work, but it could go well if you try.

And I agree with PokemonOI, you shoudn't criticize other games if your game isn't too good either. But that's just my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
That doesn't seem like a good name.
I promise you, that name is more profitable than most other region names here...Google it if you HAVE to.
In Diamond, they went after Dialga, so this sorta doesn't make sense in some ways
We have to assume they know there were two of them. Cyrus was a genius (so claimed the old woman in Sunyshore). But, really, this occurs after Pt since the disbanding in Pt is more clear and both legends were seen by Jupiter (she was at Spear Pillar, right?).
This Needs a better name.
That would be a logical point; however, ever went to the library and looked at the book club notices? They'll be called something simple like 'Whatever Book Club' as opposed to something more flashy. It grabs the target audience quickly by not playing any games. Team Green clearly indicates what they stand for; I never said they were an entirely evil organisation. They do what is best for the environment, which sometimes conflicts with the goals of humans and pkmn alike.
I applaud you for the gym leader in jail thing, it's a new idea. I think...
It's no different than me saying the Gym leader is not in town...just a prettier presentation.
I think this needs a little work, but it could go well if you try.
Oh, surely...if I try.
And I agree with PokemonOI, you shoudn't criticize other games if your game isn't too good either. But that's just my opinion.
Since when do I care if you agree with him? Send it to him in a PM next time, dude...
I'll have some screens either tomorrow or the day after to show.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
If you really want to get serious with this game, you're going to have to think a bit beyond just the plot of this game. What's the appeal? In other words, what gameplay feature/s make this better from any other game on this website? Next, think about the story. What will compel potential players through this game? Will going through story-based events be a drag, or actually what they're supposed to be; recreational? Tying right into this, using excessive amounts of backtracking and/or traveling to get around the world can be just as boring as making excruciatingly long cutscenes (unless, of course, it's Golden Sun). What makes the player feel like they're progressing their IGC as opposed to just flubbing around where they started? Of course, giving a little sense of hopelessness can give an extra edge of realism, but making the game progress too fast at some points and too slow in others is a recipe for disaster.

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
Years
tell me if i can help with spriting or mapping!

I may have come out 2 a bad start with the first post of my idea but i am pretty good with maping i think. I could help you out! I really think i like your idea, and adding some more puzzles in it with the ruins might be a good idea. also, one thing i didnt like about the pokemon games nintendo made(not that im hating on them or whetever) but i thought that the routes were unrealisticaly short. you cant span the length between two cities with a few hundred feet. it makes me feel like u know, whatever. I think that you should make the routes a little bit longer, more space in between each, not like their trying to spawn camp you in halo 3. mabye some dont even approach you for a battle like some are optional. <-To give it a bigger sense of openness, eh? try it out and it might be fun! though it should have an interesting thing or 2 along it. let me know

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Hope you like my brilliant review:

Evil organizations always fail. They come up with a grand plot and then are thwarted by a nobody teenager when their plans were nearly coming to fruition. What, then, happens when four of the world's evil organizations come together to form one opposition force with a REAL threat? Sounds good, but a bit cliché.

You start off as a twelve year-old protagonist who I will call Jamie (could be a boy or girl). Jamie... sure that's okay, but remember to let us choose a different name, because not everyone is called Jamie. Jamie lives in the Pepto region, a chain of four medium-sized islands that have nothing to do with each other but the fact that they have a common government. Goverment? This is a Pokémon game... You live in Hoppip Heights, the largest city on the westernmost island. Your father, Kyle Pepper, Ph. D teaches archaeology at the local university. Kyle Pepper? Who your mother, Kylie Salt? Nah, I'm just kidding. Attention recently was brought upon yourselves when he published his latest research, a little evidence indicating that the Pepto Archipelago is at the center of the continents when they were formed based on geologic features, wildlife, and whatnot. Hooray for geeks! Good plot so far...This interests four teams in four different ways. Well, it is interesting.
-Team Rocket-->having been overran in enough regions already, what remains of the dedicated criminals decided Pepto to be their next target. They intend on overthrowing the government and making the entire region Rocket-controlled Be sure to add something new about them. Team Rocket has been used a lot of times in the show and you don't want to base everything about them on Jessie and James.
-Team Magma-->just because it was dissolved does not mean a few extremely dedicated members still do not exist. They come to Pepto thinking that they would be able to find ways to increase the landmass if the landmasses did indeed start here. Good ol' Magma. Seeing as you have Magma, are you planning to mention Aqua a bit?
-Team Galactic-->obviously, this happens after the events of DP. Comander Jupiter grabbed enough members and came to Pepto only to find what interests them-- a possible connection to Palkia. The spacial consequences of making continents undoubtedly exists, so whatever secrets may lie in this region could yet further Cyrus's original vision. Good plot there.
-Team Green-->the local criminal group of Pepto, Team Green are a bunch of superenvironmentalists who force their Earth-first philosophy. They know the region well. Criminals who are enviromentalists? Has the world gone mad! I really think you should rethink who they are a bit. Perhaps they want to use nature to take over the world or something. And 'Green'. It's a bit 'boring'. Team Grass, Team Nature, Team Enviro, just something other than green.

These evil teams all do their own things for a duration. One day, Green Admin Joe and two thugs attempt the 'important person kidnapping' on your father. They fail. Your father decides to, for your safety, send you moving throughout Pepto and not sitting in danger. Good plot for starting your Pokémon journey. I mean, I know kids can be annoying, but to throw them out before they can even hit puberty? Madness. I like this plot a lot better. He offers you three pokemon, a Fire type, a Water type, and a Normal type which can be seen outside with ease. Fire, water and normal? Fire and Water are good, but you really need to think of a different type than Normal. Where's the Grass type? Joe stole it for himself. Yeah. You really need to explain the kidnapping better. Also, if he has the grass starter, wouldn't that mean that watter Pokémon would struggle, while those who picked fire would own. And those who picked normal face him normally? Or is the starter not going to be seen until the end. So you go off to collect the eight badges of Pepto, two per island. ... Why? The second Gym leader of your island was sent to the Pepto Prison for affliations with Team Green. *Gasp* You have to go to the capital city's jail on the northernmost island to fight him (so that island has three). Why would you want to fight him. Free him, yes, but travel the journey just to challenge him?
I'll do the rest of my great, brilliant review later.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
FOOLS! It's supposed to be cliche!
As AZ said, any game that uses "team" as the main baddie should not be written (or some approximation of the latter...).
I mean, come on! Team Green? Twelve-year-old kid? All the bad guys from before teaming up? In hindsight, even I can say this is a bit of a mockery of the games around here.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
The story sounds fantastic and really dynamic. It's very well thought out and realistic, unlike most "save the world" stories. I like how the plot sends you back to your father for a reason, and that the ordinary starter choices are mixed up a little. It looks like the protagonist doesn't have a rival. I always thought the idea of a rival who was always one gym ahead was a little overused.

-Team Green-->the local criminal group of Pepto, Team Green are a bunch of superenvironmentalists who force their Earth-first philosophy. They know the region well.

Hooray! <3 Ecoterrorists are easy to play for laughs, and they can do all sorts of damage, from defacing buildings to blowing up large corporations. However, why are they targeting the protagonist's father? Is he damaging the environment in some way? Real-life ecoterrorist groups try to keep some measure of popular support by keeping their attacks strictly environment related.

Where does Team Rocket get their support? They need support from either the masses or the powerful businessmen to keep power. Is their takeover like a military coup? I love those. But then the government would have to have been doing badly in past years, and the people willing to exchange civil rights for stability and economic progress.

Your father decides to, for your safety, send you moving throughout Pepto and not sitting in danger.

I don't think that's entirely logical. If the protagonist is collecting all of the badges in order, it's too easy for any organization to target him - just ambush him beside the next gym. Do you get a bodyguard?

Anywho, I think that this would make a wonderful game. It might be a challenge to reflect the complexity of the world in-game, but that's just part of making it, right?

Criminals who are enviromentalists? Has the world gone mad! I really think you should rethink who they are a bit.

There already are environmental criminals - ecoterrorists like ELF and ELA. What I like best about this plot is that at least one of the 'evil groups' is so realistic and believable, especially since environmental concerns are current events. Players love that sort of thing. At least, I do. (My own game idea also has eco-terrorists. xD) It's the other groups that I have issues with. Promise that you won't make them classic "evil"? :x Team Aqua and Magma's motives are so short-sighted that I want to slap them with a fish.

Years
When I saw the name I thought it would be an awfull game but by reading what you typed it seems much better than the name says! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back