• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favourite Nintendo character?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Link. He is courageous, he can't talk, he is left handed, he kills monsters, and I just LOVE zelda.

Reactions: T!M

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Bower / King Koopa

Whats not to love about a turtle-dragon fusion?!

Yeah. Plus, all the awesome battle themes he gets (the ones from Super Mario 64 and Galaxy 2 especially), and the fact that he lives in one of the most badass castles I've ever seen.

Definitely Link. He is a lot like me because he always finds ways to adapt to a situation to solve problems. Plus, he is LOOKS awesome and makes a great hero in my opinion! ^_^

I totally agree with you. He's not my top favourite, but he's pretty high up on the list. I like how there's a lot of depth to him despite him being a silent protagonist.

Still, pre-anime Kirby, Kine the Fish, Coo the Owl, Rick the Hamster and everyone in Mother's 1 and 2. The entirety of Flint's family in Mother 3.

I guess my favorite three franchises are still Kirby, Pokemon, and Mother even if my preceptions of most of them have been fractured to all heck. :(

...Wow, I actually have the same favourite franchises as you. I really love Coo and Rick and Kine as well, and... waitwhat Flint's family? Ha, they're nothing compared to Duster and Wess in my opinion, as far as Mother 3 characters go. Talk about most unique thieves in video games ever. Oh, and the Magypsies too. What's not to love about immortal drag queens who protect a dragon-shaped island? And the Mr. Saturns, because... boing?

Well, I already made a post in the Favourite Video Game Characters thread, and some of the characters I mentioned there were Nintendo ones as well. I think those ones were Meta Knight, Link, Duster/Wess, and Mr. Saturn.

Although I did recently crown one of the non-Nintendo characters as my new favourite video game character overall, my old favourite, and still my favourite Nintendo character, is Meta Knight. I love everything about his personality, especially with all the mystery about whether he's friend or foe, yet the fact that he has a very heroic and chivalrous nature. And plus, what's not cool about a round and cartooney swordsman who can fly, shoot beams out of his sword, and operate an airship? I already liked him before seeing the Kirby anime, and the latter made me like him even more.

Last edited:
Years
Aside from Pokemon, I always grew up playing anything but Nintendo games, so I never really had a favorite. That being said, anytime I would play something like Mario Party or Mario Kart, I always went for Donkey Kong. I've got to say, he's one of the few characters I can think of that went from being the main antagonist of earlier games, and then become the hero of future ones (it must've been the tie that did it).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
In no particular order:

Bowser (Mario)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Groose (LoZ)
Samus (Metroid)
Marx (Kirby)
Red (Pokemon)
Lucina (Fire Emblem)
King Hippo (Punch Out!!)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
That would go to Kirby, I guess. I only knew him at first because of SSB but then I tried the series he is featured in. Copy Abilities are awesome :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Considering that when I see Yoshi plushies in stores, I have to go pick them up, cuddle them, say "SO HAPPY!!!", and scream over them for 5 minutes before I can continue doing what I'm doing, I'd say it's Link.

But no really, it's Yoshi. So FREAKIN' happy!!

Spoiler:

Link and Lucas are close behind though. Link I think needs no explanation and Lucas...I mean, you go through as much heartbreak as he goes through and you sympathize with him so much throughout Mother 3. If you've played it, you know what I mean and if not, you need to get on that and play it.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Its impossible for me to decide on one, So i'm going to do my favourtie characters from a few of their franchises.

Fire Emblem: Anna, Noire, Lyndis & Hector
Legend of Zelda: The Great Groose
Super Mario: Luigi
Kid Icarus: Viridi & Dark Pit
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Kirby: Kirby
Wario: Wario
Metroid: Samus

Back