• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Meganium fans on here?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
my favorite Grass Type Pokémon Is Meganium. Meganium doesn't seem to have a very big fanbase :( I am wondering if there are other Meganium fans around here.

this topic might be moved because I wasn't too sure where it needed to be placed

Sirfetch’d

I love Meganium! While she isn't my favorite Grass Pokemon, she is still wonderful. When comparing all of the final Grass type starter evolutions, she is the most beautiful. Of course Meganium isn't as great of a battler as some, that doesn't mean she isn't a fantastic Pokemon and I agree should get more love~!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I bet there are. There is one ex-mod named Meganium90, for instance.

I myself, sadly, am part of the camp that stays away from Meganium. I love Chikorita, it's one of my absolute favorite pokémon. But Bayleef is a bit, hm, I don't know I just don't like it quite as much as Chikorita. And Meganium is a bit too much. Too wobbly somehow. Too cartoony maybe? It's a green banana with a flower. I kind of prefer Venusaur-style pokémon. Maybe it's because I don't think Meganium really looks like something that can battle. While little Chikorita is an agile badasster :3

But outside of pure battling and gaming, it's a pretty cute pokémon. And its moves are nice. Lots of powders and healing techniques. I wouldn't mind having it in a RP at some point, I guess.

I love Meganium! While she isn't my favorite Grass Pokemon, she is still wonderful. When comparing all of the final Grass type starter evolutions, she is the most beautiful. Of course Meganium isn't as great of a battler as some, that doesn't mean she isn't a fantastic Pokemon and I agree should get more love~!
How come you refer to it as a "she"?

Sirfetch’d

Idk, I have this habit of referring to Pokemon of the gender in which they were in my games or in the case of legendary Pokemon, I will call them the gender that I would prefer them to be. For example, I always refer to Articuno as a she in my posts. In the case of Meganium, I am currently doing a SS playthrough and I have a female one named Daisy =D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
you rang? :D

Meganium's been my favorite grass-type starter since I started playing Silver when I was a young girl! I've used Chikorita as a starter for the first time, and well, it got stuck as a favorite ever since! I gotta have a Meganium on my team no matter what. And since I got into battling and Meganium is NU, I gotta have it on my NU team no matter the circumstance.

I guess the above kinda explains the fact that yes I am a fan of Meganium and my name clearly explains it. lmao

I don't see myself replacing Meganium as a favorite starter. It will always be my favorite no matter what.

oh and btw, I also refer to it as a "she" as well because the Pokemon is a flower probably. xD Even though Meganium has a larger male ratio/smaller female ratio, I still refer to it as "she" (i'm also grateful that I have a female on my Soulsilver xD)

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I liked Chikorita and Bayleef because of the leaves growing on their heads, but don't like Meganium as much for losing that part. I do think it's a well-designed pokemon, though. :)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Meganium's line you'll see! They are just PERFECT! Having simplicity in their designs was a fantastic choice on the creator's part. I've always loved them since I started playing Pokemon.

Years
Meganium isn't my favorite either but it's just amazing all around in many ways.. ah, pre-historic-like creatures brought into the world of Pokémon <3

But in reality, I like Meganium because of how tall it is and it's just really, really cute

Years
I adore the Chikorita line. It's been my favorite starter overall since it was introduced in G/S/C.. and that probably won't change. Admittedly Chikorita is my favorite of the three forms but that doesn't mean Bayleaf and Meganium aren't awesome. Love them! <3

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Even though I prefer Typhlosion and Feraligatr, I like Meganium too. It definitely deserves props for being the only fully evolved starter (so far) that's still very cute.

Years
Despite Meganium being shunned (personally) in favor of Typhlosion and Feraligatr, it still has a nice design to it.

Years
Even if Meganium isn't as good offensively as other starters, it still has an awesome design so it does get its fair share of fans. You don't need to have good stats to get a lot of love. It's still one of my fave Grass-type starters out there.

Years
Meganium is easily the best Johto Pokemon as well as it's so beautiful to see and what the dex says about it makes it more grand than so many other Grasss type pokes

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Idk, I have this habit of referring to Pokemon of the gender in which they were in my games or in the case of legendary Pokemon, I will call them the gender that I would prefer them to be. For example, I always refer to Articuno as a she in my posts. In the case of Meganium, I am currently doing a SS playthrough and I have a female one named Daisy =D
Fair enough.

Even if Meganium isn't as good offensively as other starters, it still has an awesome design so it does get its fair share of fans. You don't need to have good stats to get a lot of love. It's still one of my fave Grass-type starters out there.
Interestingly enough, it's the design that deters me. I don't have a problem with its moveset or defensive role, rather I think it's pretty cool and useful, even in the games. But I don't like how it looks, haha.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I pretty much love all of the Starter Pokémon, with the exception of Emboar. So, yeah, I'd say I like Meganium. Its actually one of the more original Grass starters in my opinion.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
The whole Chikorita family tree is one that stays cute throughout, so yeah I'd say I like it. Not a fan in any traditional sense, but I'll tip my hat to one. I like Chikorita the most, though.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Oh yes. While it aint my fave grass starter(bulbasaur and co is) its still my 3rd fave starter. and chickortia is such an adorable liittle mon. johto sure did have some impressive mons lol.

hmm....you know hwat...Ima change my sig now

Back