• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO - Individual Card Thread [Revived]

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Correction. You need 3 SYNCHRO monsters. That is SIX monsters (at least!). Very difficult to Synchro for if your deck isn't built for it therefore.

It is not easy. Something like Hyper Librarian + 5-star + Formula Synchron or Hyper Librarian + Wonder Magician + Recipro Dragonfly is viable, but with Hyper Librarian's superbroke-ness likely to be gone very soon (next banlist)...

To sum it up, this card is good, but only in a dedicated deck. It isn't easy to get out at all unless you build around it and Hyper Librarian.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Spoiler:

I will never forget the time Mist Wurm cleared out two Stardusts and a Goyo before attacking directly to win. :)

I find my Dandywarrior/Plant/Lockdown/Whatever deck can't get him out very consistently though. :(

I like Brionac a bit better, for the sheer fact that he's easier to summon, but this card's awesome too.

Years
I have won matches thanks to Mist Worm. It is useful in a tight spot, or even just for the home run.

My favourite deck is a ZombieSworn, so I can easily syncro it.​

Cirrus

Years
Mist Wurm is a card used very often in the finishing turn for its field-clearing capabilities...

That is all. Of course it is decent.

Years
No, Mirror Force destroys all attacking monsters. Useful, a bit, but nothing compared to this:

Spoiler:

Doesn't have a wide area, true, can be countered, also true, but this removes from play, aka your opponent's monster is probably not coming back.

Has no one mentioned this card?

Spoiler:

Yes, you already have.

How much of a life saver is this card?
AppleofFriggSTOR-JP-SR.jpg

Activate only when you take Battle Damage while you control no monsters. Gain Life Points equal to the Battle Damage you took, and Special Summon 1 "Malus Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK ?/DEF ?). Its ATK and DEF are each equal to the amount of Life Points you gained by this effect.

It is out in the next pack.​

Cirrus

Years
Apple of Frigg is lame because it's a Trap card. If it were a monster then it would be amazing (Gorz-like...) but it's not. : \ The token is highly irrelevant (Brionac blows it up) and it's Cold Wave / Trunade - able.

I've tested it before... it's not much good.

Cirrus

Years
Actually... Atomic Scrap Dragon is the one Scrap Synchro monster I will never, ever run. Helping your opponent recycle cards for free is usually horrible, and thus its effect is only situationally good. Furthermore, it's not easy to Synchro for (not something like Golem + Beast or Golem + Goblin or whatever; no, you don't want to ever run Scrap Soldier). It's not a very good fit in Scrap decks, which have fairly tight Extra Deck spaces as it is (what with triple Scrap Dragon and typically double Scrap Twin being mandatory).

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
My best friend runs an RFP deck with Macros Cosmos and GEEZ. It tears my Fortune Ladies and Geminis apart, what with their reliance on the Graveyard, especially Geminis.

Spoiler:
Even for a Fortune Lady deck, people tend to recommend not running more than one Earth, as she's not really that hot. Her effect doesn't mesh as well with the others' as it could, but even so, the amount of times my ass has been saved by her is unbelievable. She just keeps getting bigger, and if you can prevent her from being destroyed long enough (Slip of Fortune, Bending Destiny etc) she's a handy beatstick that also does burn damage. Her attack maxes out at 4800, and then you can temporarily increase her to level 21 with three Time Passages (if you feel like it) which burns for 1200 damage and bumps her attack up to 8400 until the end of the turn. It's crazy! Not terribly versatile, but crazy.

Cirrus

Years
Just for reference... levels of monsters cannot increase beyond 12 even with card effects that do so temporarily. : x

Also, new(ly discovered) awesome!

300px-Kinka-ByoTDGS-EN-SR-1E.png

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Well, if there's one thing that is super special awesome, its this:

Spoiler:

Delta Accel Synchro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. Once per turn, you can negate the Summon of a monster, and destroy it. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can select 1 "T.G." monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon it.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
^Can't Halberd Cannon just instantly die to any common monster removal card though? Only reason it posed such a threat to Yusei is cos virtually nobody in anime-world seems to have good removal cards...

Spoiler:

This dude exudes awesomeness in a plant deck. If you can get the Gemini effect you can bring back whatever you need from your graveyard to suit your current situation. Plus, if you have a Lonefire there, then you have the abillity to bring out anything in your deck too. :)

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2011
No Images due to being under 15 posts but.

Malefic Rainbow Dragon, Just due to the potential it gives a deck that is already exceptionally good at rendering OTKs.

Atk4000/Def0

This card cannot be Normal summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by removing from play 1 "Rainbow Dragon" from your hand or Deck. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field. Other monsters you control cannot declare attack.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Its a meh, Malefic card. A better one would have to be this:

Spoiler:

Amazing and utterly necessary for any Malefic Deck, and it looks shmexy too! Rainbow dragon doesn't even compare to this.

@Diablerie, how many other cards are removed by simple removal cards, e.g. Stardust by D.Prison, Red Nova the same, most cards in any deck are removed by Mirror Force, so Halberd Cannon can't be marked down for that. Another awesome card would have to be:

Spoiler:

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can activate this effect to remove from play up to one card each from each of your opponent's hand, field and Graveyard. (The card in the hand is chosen at random)

How epic is that really? Looks utterly sexy, and has an insanely awesomesauce effect (knowing how quite a few decks get down to one or two cards in hand often), being the most annoying thing to appear later-game. One of these is beastly. Two or three is just mental!

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Trishula is really good in any extra deck... I bring it out really easily (my deck synchros easily but still) and it's effect kills scary cards. A good amount of ATK and a nice art/shininess/appeal. Wish I had it irl.

(click to read decription etc)
Heck yes.

Cirrus

Years
Tengu is OP.

Prediction of it going to 2 AT LEAST WHEN IT'S RELEASED IN THE OCG.

: <

Even if you waste two pieces of removal (or whatever) it is STILL SOMEHOW WORTH IT. +1s with almost unerring certainty.

An old find and an anticipatory thought.

364px-ProtectoroftheFounders%2CTyrusGENF-JP-UR.jpg

Protector of the Founders, Tyrus
Rank 5 - LIGHT
Angel/Exceed/Effect (Fairy, but... yeah OCG)
2600/1700

2 Level 5 monsters
This card's effects can only be applied or activated while it has Xyz Material. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked, Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy the target. During each of your End Phases, Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.
Adreus%2CKeeperofArmageddonGENF-EN-UE.png

Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
Rank 5 - DARK
Fiend / Exceed / Effect
2600 / 1700

2 Level 5 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach a Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy it.
They seem to be similar to each other (in terms of stats and orientation - one is an Angel and the other is a Fiend, and they both destroy stuff; Tyrus however is invulnerable and has to attack, and Adreus is more immediate).

TCG name for Tyrus: Tiras, Keeper of Genesis

They are both really good in Dark World.

Last edited:
Back