• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Bowl '12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't know if our favourite teams had to relate on the team we'll be using in-game - but mine isn't; anyhoo, my favourite team (The team I for in the AFL) is the Richmond Tigers.

It doesn't have to. My team is primarily Alabama themed, but my band Pokemon is related to my college band, and I don't attend Alabama Uni, so yeah. Haha. That's just in the sign up so I know who read the rules clearly... ;)

And yes, Screech is a sound based move. I might have missed a few when I was making the list, so yeah.

squirrelfeet

I'm not even a true fan of Cricket, I just thought that it would be the most amusing theme, as I could not find enough Pokemon to suit a Kendou-based team without the Sacred Swordsmen, Samurott or Escavalier.

Dehli Daredevils Cricket Team

534.gif
549.gif
500.gif
537.gif
225.gif
359.gif

#1 - Star Player, Conkeldurr
Powerful with the closest representation available of cricket in B2W2. Slams the ball to score all of the 6-pointers as necessary.

#2 - Cheerleader, Lilligant
Looks suitable for the part, with appropriate stats and movesets.

#3 - Mascot, Emboar
Due to the logo of the team being a flame (and a hand), any flaming Pokemon
suffices. I chose Emboar due to its appearance and easy availability in the game, however.

#4 - Band, Seismitoed
Due to somewhat limited options, I chose to use this over Sigylyph. It has a more suited moveset of sound-based moves for my team.

#5 - Fanbase, D(h)elibird Yes, the name is the exclusive reason for this decision.

#6 - Sponsor, Absol I always kind of thought that this Pokemon somewhat resembled my impressions of Indian folklore. It is for that reason that I included him.

Username: Squirrelfeet
Game: Black 2 (EN)

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Username: vaporeon7
Game: Ruby
Pokémon:
1: Blaziken: Blaziken represents Aussie Rules Football because it uses a lot of kicking moves and it would allow it to play AFL really quite well.
2: Plusle: It has 95 base speed and learns Growl.
3: Murkrow: Represents the Adelaide Crows; mine and Nica's favourite team. I'll have to hack it though.
4: Minun: It learns lots of the moves.
5: Magcargo: Because I'm slow compared to the strong and fast players of AFL.
6: Corsola: The only Pokémon on the team that isn't Red/Yellow/Blue (colours of the Adelaide Crows)
Team: Adelaide Crows

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Username: TrollShammy80
Game: Black 2
Team: Seattle Seahawks

Star-Player
Empoleon
Cheerleader
Roselrade (Brings the fans to life with it's beautiful colors, waves it's flower arms)
Band
Chimecho
Mascot
Staraptor (closest thing to a Hawk)
Fans
Pachirisu (always charged up when game time)
Sponser
Emboar (it started to grow on me recently)

Last edited:

TrollShammy80

Years
And yes, I too was wondering if Bug Buzz was considered a sound move by chance :) and I is fixing my team with help from a friend

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't really count Starcraft as a sport tbh...sorry. :/ And yeah, Bug Buzz will count. I'll update the list of moves and challengers in a bit.

Bob III

Person
Years
Okay, I'll do my favorite real sport, football. And I'll monotype it, just cause.

Game: Crystal

Star Player: Totadile/Crocanaw/Ferligator (Most players are large/strong)
Cheerleader: Staryu/Starmie
Mascot: Wooper/Quagsire (It's a WATER fish - pretty generic mascot)
Band: Goldeen/Seaking
Fans: Chinchou/Lanturn (Fans put some crazy stuff on their heads)
Sponsor: Seel/Dewgong

Hope this is OK

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's fine. Sorry about the Starcraft thing though. :( btw guys, you're free to start the challenge whenever you're ready and update whenever you're ready as well. Just remember that if you go without updating at all and the challenge ends, you won't get your emblem. I'll need to see that you won most of your season so yeah.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I guess I'll be the first to update so far :3.Today, I started up my old Emerald and now up to Rustboro before the gym battle but training a little with my team members. Here's a brief summary how it went:

-Started up my game,after a dull speech from Professor Birch I called myself Carrot.
-After shrinking to a tiny size I woke up in a huge moving truck ._.
-When I hopped off,Mum started talking and then showed me my room.
-Set the clock to 11:13AM.
-Withdrew the potion from my PC and watched the program.
-Introduced myself to some random neighbours and met May,a stuttering girl.
-And then as I headed up, I found Professor Birch being chased by a Zigazoon.
-Chose Mudkip as my starter.
-After saving Professor Birch I decided not to nickname him since he doesn't have a spot on my team D:.
-I did the tutorial things and successfully defeated May before coming back to the lab.
-Got the running shoes. THANK YOU MUM :D!
-After getting my Pokeballs and a Pokedex I headed to the route west of Oldale and captured a female Ralts

-Nicknaming it Lucky,I trained it up to Level 8 before battling all the trainers with it's new move,Confusion.
-Then after trudging through Petalburg Forest,battling some twins,bug catchers and rich people on the way,I made it to Rustboro City.
-First,I got the Quick Claw then met a man inside a house who gave me HM01 Cut.
-After that I decided to head up to the route east of the city and caught myself a male Whismur and female Nincada. (Bob and Nina.)
-Training Nina was a pain so I gave up at Level 11 and trained Bob easily to Level 12 along with Lucky becoming level 14.
-Right now, I'm beating all the trainers easily on the route before heading to my first game of the season :3.
-Saved.

Player:Carrot
Badges:0
Pokedex:4
Time:2:25.

The NRL Team
Lucky the docile Female Ralts Lv.14 (Fan)
-Confusion
-Growl
-Double Team

Bob the docile Male Whismur (Band)Lv.12
-Pound
-Uproar
-Astonish

Nina the brave female Nincada Lv.11 (Cheerleader)
-Scratch
-Leech Life
-Harden
-Sand Attack

Current Standings:0-0.

Last edited:

phonastik

Strange Quark
Years
Woo, update time.
Got the spiel from Professor Juniper, picked up a Tepig from the gift box.
Caught myself a Patrat on Route 1 for Cut purposes, then continued on to Accumula Town. After getting the Running Shoes (thank god), I caught a Purrloin on Route 2 and named it George. I don't know why, it just sounded good. I grinded George up to level 13 for the first game.
Poor George was outmatched, though, by the superior moves of the Striaton team. His lack of STAB let him down. After a rematch, George and I continued on, rescuing the girl's Pokemon from Team Plasma and getting to Nacrene City.
Venturing into The outside of Pinwheel Forest, we caught 2 new team members, Ted the Timburr (named after my granddad, who was a dock worker) and Temper the Tympole (named after The Temper Trap, who played at this year's Grand Final). We are currently training for our second match.

Team Phon:
George the Purrloin (Cheerleader)
Level 14
Scratch (ugh)
Growl
Assist (Does this count as non-damaging?)
Sand Attack
His ability is Limber, which is appropriate for a cheerleader, lol.

Ted the Timburr (Fan)
Level 14
Leer
Focus Energy
Bide
Low Kick

Temper the Tympole (Band)
Level 13
Growl
Supersonic
Round
Bubblebeam

Current standings: 0-1 (how embarrassing...)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since Assist implies that it's a support-type move (I mean, assist means to help so come on), I'll count it as non-damaging.

TrollShammy80

Years
Hey all small update

Just stared up tonight

Picked up my starter

Mephiss the Tepig (Sponser) and took out our rival Hugh's Oshawott...and with help from a friend I have recieved 2 eggs

Elana the Piplup (Star Player) *hatched a girl* :D gonna prove girls can play football to lol
Roshu the Pachrisu (Fan)

Tepig.pngPachirisu.png Piplup.png

The Adventure Continues...

11wildy

Me!
Years
Quick question, are we allowed to change our teams during the challenge? Like if I found a shiny, I might want to use it. Or if Slaking sucks too much with his ability.. Or I will keep it as Vigoroth, using an Everstone.

My team as of now:
Slakoth lvl 7
Taillow lvl 11
Zigzagoon lvl 9

Currently training all to 11, before going to rustboro.

Edit:

Made my way to Rustboro city, where we managed to catch a Whismur! Now we got 4 of the team of 6 already and all will be needed for the upcoming game! After some fierce training, the team was ready to take the match!

It took a while, but we actually won the battle, using only one Super potion in the end. Geodude was dead soon enough, but Nosepass needed to be weakened with growls, until taillow got killed. I only had Speedeh the Zigzagoon left, which spammed Tail whip until it had no PP left. After that Headbutt spam, until no PP left. Then a few Tackles finished him off!

PokemonRubyeventnormal_01.png

Screenies of the team after battle:
PokemonRubyeventnormal_02.png
PokemonRubyeventnormal_03.png
PokemonRubyeventnormal_05.png
PokemonRubyeventnormal_04.png

Another edit: Also beat Brawly effortlessly, GO TAILLOW!

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Username: jdthebud
Game: Platinum
Team: Seattle Sounders/Seattle Seahawks

Star Player: Hitmonlee - Soccer is all about the feet.

Cheerleader: Roserade - looks like a cheerleader, no?

Mascot: Skarmory - used Seahawks mascot (hawk, obv) since Sounders don't have a mascot

Band: Politoed - a one man band to be sure!

Fan: Blaziken - my favorite Hoenn starter, and he uses his legs too!

Sponsored by: Weavile - negates my Psychic weakness, and is fast like a striker.
I have decided to change out Hitmonlee for Hitmontop, since the Sounders' star player, Fredy Montero, is a technical forward, and Hotmontop gets the Technician ability, while still being a kicking machine!

That's the only change I am going to make, the rest will be the same.

I wouldn't really count Starcraft as a sport tbh...sorry. :/ And yeah, Bug Buzz will count. I'll update the list of moves and challengers in a bit.
Obviously, you've never watched a Starcraft match from Korea. You can get commentary in English, and the crowds and fans are crazy over there. Google it. I dare you.

Also, I will update soon. :)

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Update #1 on White.

Started a new game.
Got Tepig. (Star Player)
Defeated Cheren and Bianca.
Got Pokedex and nicknamed Tepig PIGFIGHT.
Got Town Map.
Learned how to capture pokemon.
Reached Accumulla Town.
Defeated N.
Defeated Bianca.
Reached Striation City,
Defeated Cheren.
Got Pansage in Dreamyard. ( HM Slave)
Defeated Chilli.
Got HM Cut.
Defeated Team Plasma.
Tepig evolved into Pignite.
Got C-Gear and Pal Pad.
Defeated Cheren.
Caught BOLTY the Blitzle.( Fan)
Defeated Team Plasma in Wellspring cave.
Reached Nacrene City.
Defeated N.
Defeated Lenora with Pignite.

My Team:

aa_zps215ea4e6.jpg

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Challenge Bowl '12 - Update
The start of a new journey
Season score: o - o

Okay so today I began my little challenge bowl '12 adventure with the three team members who where the quickest to obtain - as I'm still trying to obtain the rest of my party in Heart Gold. As usual, I went through the banal lake scenes, back tracks to home, tour with Dawn etc. I've currently stopped at Jubilife City, after beating the route beforehand and training some of my party - mainly Shush. With the mini-qiz clown task over, and my quest to deliver my rival Lucas' maps to him at the local trainer school, I prepare to add to my team. Nothing much in this update to be honest, nothing too exciting, but a small and compact starting point, I think!

The current team stands as;

258.png

Axolotl - (Male) Lv.7, Adamant
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud-Slap
- N/A

285.png

Shroomz - (Male) Lv.7, Modest
- Absorb
- Tackle
- N/A