• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The disappointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

I'm kinda disappointed about that too because mostly I wanted a brand new region :x I'd still rather it was Unova than any other region actually. XD;

Also CatDog you suck, Unova is amazing.
I'm glad it's set in Unova, I mean they might as well make it the 6th generation if it was set in a new region. Plus we already have new protagonists and a new professor so if it was set in another region too, what could possibly make them sequels?

I'm disappointed in the lack of news we're receiving to be honest! Next month the games hit Japan!

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I think a month ago a dude posted a rumor on pokejungle stating that there will be new starters. Even though i knew it was fake i still was pumped to find out that BW2 DID have new starters.

Once i sam the promotion video and that the protangonist was battling with one of the old unova starters i was VERY disapponted??????

Last edited:
Years
how can people be disappointed about old pokemon being brought in? DO YOU LIKE SETTLING FOR MEDIOCRE REPEATS?!
i really hope gamefreak step up to the plate and make a good game. i like the fact that pokemon like growlithe and magby are being introduced in the start of the game instead of the end.

the only disappointment i see hitting my heart is the play value after the elite 4. in B/W it was mediocre, but better than most. i fully believe this game will not live up to the hype i have for it. (if it does...i will be all over this forum praising it);)

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Black and White 2 are a going away present for the DS. The 6th generation games will be the first mainseries games on 3DS. Still, I'm disappointed I can't see 3D Pokemon.

I'm also disappointed I in the male protagonist. He seems a little funky.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
IN NEW DISAPPOINTMENTS, I'm disappointed Cheren hasn't made more of himself from the looks of it, and Thundurus' new forme--so much potential! :x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Cheren being the FIRST Gym Leader, of all the Gym Leader positions.

Also, if Red shows his face at this world tournament thing, that's going to be a game disappointment that could convince me not to get the game at all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Going with the two above unfortunately, I really expected more from Cheren. I mean I guess it was okay that he started off by being the first Gym Leader (who knows how difficult it is to get the spot?), but...Patrat.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
@Forever
How can you say those words.Kanto pokemons are clasic.Jhoto brings the N in NEW.Hoenn bought you the land,the sea and the sky.And Sinnoh gae you the entire legend.Unoa is just another page of the story.Gen I-IV pokemons disere their place in this game.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm so disappointed we haven't seen Ghetsis yet! They've shown N and Team Plasma, but where's Ghetsis? u_u

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@Forever
How can you say those words.Kanto pokemons are clasic.Jhoto brings the N in NEW.Hoenn bought you the land,the sea and the sky.And Sinnoh gae you the entire legend.Unoa is just another page of the story.Gen I-IV pokemons disere their place in this game.

Well I dunno, I prefer Unova Pokemon and I've just had the others for so long that I'm over them. :(

@Kaori: I'm glad Ghetsis hasn't made an appearance, since right now it's basically bringing back almost everyone from B/W and thus will eventually make B2W2 look superior.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
my only disappointments have to be Cheren not in the E4 (for goodness sakes he beat all of them, and could probably hold his own against Alder) and that there is no follow me feature! I really hope its put in as an option or something.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
my only disappointments have to be Cheren not in the E4 (for goodness sakes he beat all of them, and could probably hold his own against Alder) and that there is no follow me feature! I really hope its put in as an option or something.

Well we don't know if he stays as a gym leader throughout the whole game, he could always fill in as the elite four at the end. So chances are it may not end up being a disappointment. ;)

Years
I kinda assummed that Cheren would take over as Champion for Alder at some point.

The fact that they aren't 3DS games, some character designs, and the lack of the follow me feature are really my only qualms I have with the games right now. You can only say so much without playing them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Disappointments? I don't have those until I start playing the game. I don't see why I would want to disappoint myself before playing the game. I might do it so much that I might not want to play it. It took a promo to get me to want to play it. Disappointments will just cause me to not want to play it and so until I play the game I have virtually none except for say... the male's hair. But that's something I'll get used to over time.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I think I may have found a new potential disappointment... the possibility of facing ONLY Unova pokemon again in the Battle Subway...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^Aren't there super trains this time or did they get rid of them...
Also since they added non Unovan Pokemon to the Unova dex I doubt there's going to be much of a problem with that.

For me...well I don't really have one other than Akuroma being evil...that was a little to obvious for me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Guys...Ya'll missed the deadline to revive by two days. Can't revive thread a month dead.

For shame on you....for shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back