• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game already lagging for me on my new Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p. Please help!

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Hey, guys. It appears that I am having a little bit of an issue here... First off, I recently bought myself a Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P and it worked great as hell when doing some multimedia work but when I installed this game called Need For Speed World, an online racing game to race, I seem to lag quite a lot. It usually occurs on a certain part of area, too much traffics or if I am driving too fast. I wonder why and I need some IT geniuses to help solve this for me. Thanks.
My laptop's spec:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/index.html#techspecs

Since I just got it, I didn't do much with it. Here are the list of programs opened in my desktop:
ScreenShot001_zpsf557daba.png

ScreenShot002_zps0f3c7224.png

And if you are wondering, no, I did not open any other programs that are not needed besides Chrome and Skype and I tried running the game at it's lowest settings and still lagged a lot. The game seems to worked fine on the Cyber Cafe's PC very well with 2 games opened at once but this could barely do anything near justice. I need help, please! And I live in Malaysia, and this laptop isn't set to be in my country till the next 2 months but I found some dude that is selling it here so I bought it from him. Maybe there's a solution to why or some hints? Could be 'Grey Import', maybe? Thanks!

Years
Based on the specs, that's too good of a laptop to have lag on your end, but I would check to make sure that no programs are maxing your computer's CPU or memory (RAM) available. Also, I will say, that's quite a lot of bloatware on that computer from Lenovo...

So if CPU or memory aren't a problem, it could be on the game server's side. Is the game played locally only or is it an online game?

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Based on the specs, that's too good of a laptop to have lag on your end, but I would check to make sure that no programs are maxing your computer's CPU or memory (RAM) available. Also, I will say, that's quite a lot of bloatware on that computer from Lenovo...

So if CPU or memory aren't a problem, it could be on the game server's side. Is the game played locally only or is it an online game?

Since I have no knowledge at all about this... I'd like to ask that which are the following are the bloatwares? Maybe you can mark the picture then show me the re-edited image of it? Thanks... I'm still quite wondering if this grey imported laptop is what caused the game to be lagging. I used Razer Game Booster and it barely does anything. Putting everything on high performance mode only helps very little...

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Do you connect to a server whenever you play this game? If you do, it's more likely a problem with your connection. Try playing on a server with lower ping and see if that'll make any difference.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
I tried Single Player mode and it works fine so yeah, most likely my connection because my friends are all doing fine with no lag at all whatsoever. Maybe the Wi-Fi card this laptop has is poor?

Years
Since I have no knowledge at all about this... I'd like to ask that which are the following are the bloatwares? Maybe you can mark the picture then show me the re-edited image of it? Thanks... I'm still quite wondering if this grey imported laptop is what caused the game to be lagging. I used Razer Game Booster and it barely does anything. Putting everything on high performance mode only helps very little...
All bloatware is is just software that you didn't install when you got the laptop.

As for internet connectivity, your wifi card might not be full to blame. Head on over to speedtest.net and post your results and that could be another way to determine if you're lagging or not. :)

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
All bloatware is is just software that you didn't install when you got the laptop.

As for internet connectivity, your wifi card might not be full to blame. Head on over to speedtest.net and post your results and that could be another way to determine if you're lagging or not. :)

Thanks for telling me about the bloatware. I just learned something new. :)
And here:

2805349814.png

Years
Also, to expand on bloatware, it's usually also software installed by your computer's manufacturer, for a less-broad definition. ;)

As for the above speedtest, I would ask the owner of the server on what the recommended connection speeds are (upload/download), because those speeds seem a little slow, but it varies on the service.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
Also, to expand on bloatware, it's usually also software installed by your computer's manufacturer, for a less-broad definition. ;)

As for the above speedtest, I would ask the owner of the server on what the recommended connection speeds are (upload/download), because those speeds seem a little slow, but it varies on the service.

I guessed I should un-install all those useless bloatwares.

And for the speedtest, I am still iffy about it because some friends of mine have a slower connection but still plays at full speed...then again, I could be very wrong so I cannot be so sure. I might try getting close to the router if that is possible. I am also living high up the 20th floor in my apartment so maybe that is why as well.
Thanks a lot for trying to help, ZachLMedia. :)

Back