• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
I got to ask something: can you connect with your friends to battle? I have tried it a million of times and always when we're gonna start to battle the screen freezes. We can trade pokemon properly but we can't battle.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Guess what, i just caught a Cobalion in Waters Cavern. And it wouldn't learn any moves! T.T
Wasted my 27 pokeballs... Is that bugs or what? :(

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I just have to add a little note... I'm trying to find an Abra at level 10 at Lavaburn path. I know they are not usually appearing there, so it may still be there, I just have had bad luck. However, I have found level 12 Abra at Flamen Route. Witch is not on the list. So I don't know how rare Abra's are at route 12, but at least I have met several Abra's there. That should be updated on the list.

I have also discovered an error when I catch a new pokemon. It states that THROH was stored on the PC, and one time it said EEVEE. When looking over the pokemon in the box, they have they're correct name, but wrong name show up every time I catch a new pokemon. At least after I got my 6 first. And when we get the pokedex from the professor, it states my name on mostly of my rival's dialoge.

Some errors here need to be fixed. An update to the wild pokemon list, and some configurations regarding wrong name used. I have only discovered the professor when it's on dialog so it's not the one I notice mostly, but EVERY pokemon I catch get the wrong name when it tells it's sent to the PC.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I just have to add a little note... I'm trying to find an Abra at level 10 at Lavaburn path. I know they are not usually appearing there, so it may still be there, I just have had bad luck. However, I have found level 12 Abra at Flamen Route. Witch is not on the list. So I don't know how rare Abra's are at route 12, but at least I have met several Abra's there. That should be updated on the list.

I have also discovered an error when I catch a new pokemon. It states that THROH was stored on the PC, and one time it said EEVEE. When looking over the pokemon in the box, they have they're correct name, but wrong name show up every time I catch a new pokemon. At least after I got my 6 first. And when we get the pokedex from the professor, it states my name on mostly of my rival's dialoge.

Some errors here need to be fixed. An update to the wild pokemon list, and some configurations regarding wrong name used. I have only discovered the professor when it's on dialog so it's not the one I notice mostly, but EVERY pokemon I catch get the wrong name when it tells it's sent to the PC.
The "THROH was sent... blah blah blah" is a known bug.
DRG pretty much stated that she won't do anything more to DR1 and will re-direct her attention to DR2.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I'm new here and have only one question: How evolves karrablast
PLease answer

But how evolves karrablast i donrt know

How does karrablast evolves its evolving way is unique you said

Hahaha i finished beta 1 for thr third time.
I play with all three starters and i even found perfect team.(for me)
The big 6 what i love to call them.
They are
GARCHOMP
FERROTHORN
ESCAVALIER
LUCARIO
STARAPTOR
SHARPEDO.

They are the best team ( for me ).

when will be next update?

HOw did you get escavalier

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2023
hey there is a pokemarket that sells Tm abilitis ? thanks for answering cuz I need some of them

hey My team is
Charizard
blastoise
Venusaur
Straptor
and Garchomp all about lvl 50
now I need an electric pokemon I got magneton and electrobuz
which one is better at final evolve for my team ?

Last edited:

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013

Breloom without Technician is not beast at all.
Lanturn is also not the best electric type you can get.

You should be able to buy Pokeballs in the first city?

Where/how do I get a breloom/shroomish that doesnt have Effect Spore? What is the best electric type in your opinion? I'm only going from what i saw TehWileChase play on youtube and his breloom is badass. Any ideas for a good tyranitar moveset?

Hahaha i finished beta 1 for thr third time.
I play with all three starters and i even found perfect team.(for me)
The big 6 what i love to call them.
They are
GARCHOMP
FERROTHORN
ESCAVALIER
LUCARIO
STARAPTOR
SHARPEDO.

They are the best team ( for me ).

when will be next update?

Why do you have 3 steel types in a perfect team? It doesnt seem to be the greatest type synergy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
This might be obvious but do the Pokemon that evolve through stone learn moves. For example Cincinno. Also are all the Pokemon here or just the new ones that aren't in Gen 3 are unpredictable when it come to what moves they learn or can i just look them up on bulbapedia or something

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Hey guys I downloaded the rar file from the first post.
Extracted it and got an .ips file.
Patched it with a fire red.zip rom.
Now my problem is that I get a blinking screen whenever I start it.
I really want to play this game.
Help needed...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Where/how do I get a breloom/shroomish that doesnt have Effect Spore? What is the best electric type in your opinion? I'm only going from what i saw TehWileChase play on youtube and his breloom is badass. Any ideas for a good tyranitar moveset?
I meant that since Technician is not in game, Breloom won't be so useful.
Tyranitar...? Just give him physical moves like EQ, Stone Edge, Iron Tail or so. Preferably don't teach him dark moves as they are special based here.

Hey guys I downloaded the rar file from the first post.
Extracted it and got an .ips file.
Patched it with a fire red.zip rom.
Now my problem is that I get a blinking screen whenever I start it.
I really want to play this game.
Help needed...
Why in the world would you patch zip file? o.O
Patch GBA file.

ThorShadow525

Shadowflame Elitist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013

I meant that since Technician is not in game, Breloom won't be so useful.
Tyranitar...? Just give him physical moves like EQ, Stone Edge, Iron Tail or so. Preferably don't teach him dark moves as they are special based here.

Why in the world would you patch zip file? o.O
Patch GBA file.

If my breloom has Sky Uppercut, Drain Punch, Mega Drain, and Leech Seed, is that a fine moveset? I am just trying to avoid retraining a grass type and i am avoiding using the starters. I will use Torterra if i have to.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Just two simple questions :)

1.) Which moveset is used in this game? Or which is the closest movest to reffer to?

2.) In this game, do pokemon continue to learn moves by leveling after they evolve via stone?

Edit: Another question :P

3.) Is there a second region? I've heard NPCs talking about it :) And what post ending(after beating the first elite four) content does this game provide?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay so I have a pokemon dark rising.exe file.
How to play it?
Say... what...?
How... seriously... HOW DID YOU MAKE EXE FILE OUT OF IPS AND GBA?! o.O o.O

Just two simple questions :)

1.) Which moveset is used in this game? Or which is the closest movest to reffer to?

2.) In this game, do pokemon continue to learn moves by leveling after they evolve via stone?

Edit: Another question :P

3.) Is there a second region? I've heard NPCs talking about it :) And what post ending(after beating the first elite four) content does this game provide?
1) What...?
2) Yes
3) In DR2.

If my breloom has Sky Uppercut, Drain Punch, Mega Drain, and Leech Seed, is that a fine moveset? I am just trying to avoid retraining a grass type and i am avoiding using the starters. I will use Torterra if i have to.
Yeah it's good... you could go for Spore instead of one fighting move.

Back