• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks you all! ^_^

And, Darkari64, please ask such questions in the "Simple Questions" thread.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
Hey I've got an Idea maybe you should make a program like dexter(since It always says I got a Virus),for I have seen how great your tools are,so you can edit the pokedex thingymajigs.

Gradon

Charmander Fan!!!
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 17, 2007
I have a problem with the Overword editor, when I try export a sprite, and click save, nothing happens, there is no Image, no save what so ever.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I can't get Advanced starter to work it keeps saying,'This application has failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.' and I did try re-installing it and it keeps on saying the same thing.

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
I can't get Advanced starter to work it keeps saying,'This application has failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.' and I did try re-installing it and it keeps on saying the same thing.

The app doesn't comes with that DLL. I'd suggest to find the DLL on google (which is easy to find btw). Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2008
Regarding SMCA,
Now I've got no problem with the screen still shaking when you first start the game, the thing that bugs me is that the map I start in is slightly messed up, until I refresh the map. Can you offer any insight?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

As I wrote in the first post, you could need the VB6 Runtime files. Go to the first post for further information.

The app doesn't comes with that DLL. I'd suggest to find the DLL on google (which is easy to find btw). Hope this helps.

It doesn't come with that dll since it's a part of the VB6 Runtime files. That's it.

Regarding SMCA,
Now I've got no problem with the screen still shaking when you first start the game, the thing that bugs me is that the map I start in is slightly messed up, until I refresh the map. Can you offer any insight?

As I wrote many times, you cannot fully remove the truck for now. Maybe a better solution for you could be to change the starting position after the truck, instead.

So how do I use APE? I just want to know how to edit the main characters palette.

The readme explains well how to search a palette inside a ROM. Just read it.

Thats all I Have To Say.:disappoin

If you don't like my tools I think you're the first one: if you don't like them, don't bother me with such pointless posts. You're not forced to use my tools, after all.
Also, please don't double post. *reports*

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
Shade, do not double post. If you want to add something to your message, use the "Edit" button instead.

Also, the wording of your post was rather rude; one of our rules here at PC is to respect all members. If you want to offer constructive criticism, that's fine, but your post was rather blunt and spammish.

--FG

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
Years
Me like |3
But i have a little problem..
Everytime i try to run APE an error pop-up

Run-time error '713':

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.

I'm not sure what's wrong... >_>

- Nicku

Shade

Dark Knight
Years
  • Age 28
  • U.S.
  • Seen Jan 12, 2010
Sorry

I let my temper get ahead of me I was just realy mad about something else and I needed to get ride of my anger.:embarrass I realy am sorry please forgive me.

Last edited:

G14c30n

1337 g14c30n
Years
  • Age 32
  • TX
  • Seen Apr 13, 2008
Awesome! I tested these out, and screwed around on Emerald a bit. Is there any tool so that you can edit emerald's Boy back/front sprites? I've got the little overworld ones already. :)
OH! And is there an emerald map editor? Unless there's those in that pile you've released. *goes to re-look*

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Great tools HackMew!
You are a genius for making these tools!
APE realy helped me since i had troubles trying to find the palette for the trainer backsprite in battles.
Thanks again!!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2009
All these things are ecxactly what i wnated!!!!(mostly just the Starter Pokemon and Start area changer programs)

P.S.(to Kinglax) Advance text is one

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
does anyone have the older version of advanced starter that lets me change the starters on the GB and GBC games

does anyone know where i can find it or not, if none of you know just say,'I don't know.' so that i won't just be sitting around waiting for an answer and never getting one

The older versions weren't made by me and that's not the right thread to ask. *goes to report*

Me like |3
But i have a little problem..
Everytime i try to run APE an error pop-up

Run-time error '713':

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL.

I'm not sure what's wrong... >_>

- Nicku

Well, I didn't realise that I referenced that (unuseful) DLL in APE's project. Sorry for the error... To fix it, just download the newest version of the tool from the 1st post.

Awesome! I tested these out, and screwed around on Emerald a bit.

Glad to see that you like my tools ^^

When I try to import a .BMP, I get an error
'Runtime error 6
'Overflow''. Halp?

When reporting bugs, be as descriptive as possible, please!
So, please specify the name of the program, the version number and what did you do exactly to get the error, step by step. Otherwhise it's almost impossible to fix bugs...
Now, I guess you were using Overworld Editor - RE. So, what did you do before getting the error?

Great tools HackMew!
You are a genius for making these tools!
APE realy helped me since i had troubles trying to find the palette for the trainer backsprite in battles.
Thanks again!!!

I'm considered a genius... not bad ^^

How about script editors. Can I get any good ones please???

Advance text doesn't work on my computer....

This isn't the right thread to ask... Use "Simple Questions" one instead. *reports*

All these things are ecxactly what i wnated!!!!(mostly just the Starter Pokemon and Start area changer programs)

You're welcome! :)

TO ALL: Updated APE and added another little tool. Check first post ;)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
kinglax and Konekodemon, your posts are unrelated to this thread. This thread is for discussion of HackMew's tools, and you are asking about tools that were not made by HackMew.

If you want to ask where you can find things, use the "Simple Questions" thread instead, rather than posting here. Always make sure that your posts are on-topic.

--FG

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I was asking about something on here, i was asking if there was an eariler version of Advanced starter

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
When reporting bugs, be as descriptive as possible, please!
So, please specify the name of the program, the version number and what did you do exactly to get the error, step by step. Otherwhise it's almost impossible to fix bugs...
Now, I guess you were using Overworld Editor - RE. So, what did you do before getting the error?
TO ALL: Updated APE and added another little tool. Check first post ;)
I used a raw unused/edited Fire Red ROM, hunted down Lugia in Over World editor that I downloaded from the first page of this topic, and It shows the "Import Pallete" and "Import Image". I hit "Load Sprite" (The button you use to find the .BMP), I hit Darkrai, and it gave me the error. I can provide a screenie if you need.

Back