• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip:/ That's a really good game you've made there! The map looks good, the names for each city/town sounds good, the custom Pokemon look great and the Pokedex and Logo reminds me of beatmania IIDX11: RED which is awesome! But snice you're leaving, are you still going to continue your game? Anyways, don't let it down! It's one great game! :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
For the past month, we have all been waiting for the demo to be released. It was, in fact expected to be released on Monday. However, we mis-predicted, and the demo has overrun. However, Houndoomed went on a holiday to New York yesterday, and has decided that it would be hard to finish the demo in a feasible amount of time.

For this reason, sadly Houndoomed has retired early, and will no longer be regularly directing the production of Pokémon Scarlet Version. If he does wish to return at any point, then his post will be open and ready, as I am sure you'll all agree that he is an absolute asset to the staff over at PSVF.

Houndoomed will be sorely missed, and right here, right now, I promise that this game will fulfil everybody's expectations, and make Houndoomed proud.

On a personal note, I must say that Houndoomed has helped me enormously. Whether he knows it or not, his game inspired me to create my first fangame, Pokémon Aquamarine. It was him who gave me the chance to direct Scarlet. And for that, I salute him.

Goodbye, Houndoomed. You will be missed.

---

On a lighter note, however, I will be taking the lead with this game now (as I am sure you are all aware), as head administrator at PSVF and game developer. I will not be setting any certain demo dates, although I can pretty much say now that the demo will be downloadable by the end of this month.

Thank you for reading,
Lorem Ipsum

Mitchman

Banned
Years
GAAAH! No wonder. I shouldnt have told him about all the wonderful sights in new york. No lol kiddin i told him some but I doubt thatsthe reason. Oh well we will all miss you! :'(

Shyok

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2008
I dont so much like the starters, sorry but the game looks awesome i wish you all my luck

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well, I have been back from the US since yesterday, and I'd just like to assure you that everything is going fine. The demo is on its way and by the sound of it, it should be ready by tomorrow! I might be tweaking it in parts, just to make sure it's absolutely perfect.

One thing I'd like everyone to do though; please don't let Scarlet die. Keep posting in the thread, and please keep on supporting it. Don't let it die just because I'm no longer in charge of the project.

Just to let everyone know, I won't be posting that often. I'll most likely just login to check how the game's doing.

KiNG08

PRoF. KiNG{pkmn creator}
Years
That's tough. i really want to play it.....so, i hope its how everyone expects it, is the whole thing gonna come out or does it stop at the demo?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Good to hear a demo is on its way! ^^
Also, why r u not in charge anymore and who's in charge now? :\

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Its... its.... Houndoomed! I wish I hadn't missed you, but I'm glad to here that we'll be seeing the demo soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
That's tough. i really want to play it.....so, i hope its how everyone expects it, is the whole thing gonna come out or does it stop at the demo?

I'm gonna repeat it just because I like repeating it :P

The demo will go as far as Metrostone City, or in other words, the second city. You will also get to visit 2 other towns and another city, along with a few routes and a forest. You get to battle the gym leader, Grant, who uses Rock type. There will be a total of about 20 custom Pokémon from Koyoto, and another 20 catchable non-Koyoto Pokémon available.

The 2nd demo should be much better, with a newly designed Pokédex, possibly new graphics, a new layout for the Pokémon stats screens, many new Pokémon and more. It should have a total of 4 towns and 4 cities, and should end after you get the 3rd gym badge. This demo should be released by the end of the year. After this demo, the complete game will be released. It will have all Koyoto Pokémon, all towns and cities, and everything else. This should be released by mid/late 2009. It's going to take a lot of work, so I think Lorem Ipsum should take attention to all of what I said.

Good to hear a demo is on its way! ^^
Also, why r u not in charge anymore and who's in charge now?

If you read my post in the Farewell topic, you'll see the reason why I have left. Lorem Ipsum is now in charge.

Years
This game looks awesome.
Any demos to come? Any release dates?
I esspecially like the new Pokemon.
I'd add more features though, like up to Lv. 150 or something (example)
But, I'll support it, it looks great.
Now you just need a wesite or something.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Right, the next person to ask when the demo is released is going to find their post reported. It clearly states in the board rules not to ask when release dates are.

dpokemaniac12, you will be able to play the game simply by downloading it when it is uploaded, and then simply running it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

~Update July 9th 08 - SCREENIE GOODNESS!~

Yes, I had to copy all of the other game makers and make my updates look like theirs because it looks simply awesome XD
So credit to them.

Wow, I haven't updated this thread in a loooooong time. So here's a load of brand new screenies showcasing how far we've come!

15psoqr.jpg

Here you can see a preview of Rosenut City, Selwood Forest and the massive Metrostone City! <3

What exactly is this legend the locals of Rosenut are talking about? What does that strange sign mean? And what the heck is the Light Creature? Keep watching to find out...

And it looks like Clair is further on than you are.. yet no sign of the Professor...

There will be a new update when this thread reaches 275 posts. Or maybe sooner, if I feel like it. But you guys aren't exactly making me feel like posting a new update yet XD

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
WTF! You back?! Please tell me your back. If so yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
YOUR BACK! I definetly hope to see more and i hope your back. Bol!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
No, I am not back. Sorry if I gave anyone high hopes lol.

I will probably finish this demo off to the end, and I've had a bit of help from Lorem Ipsum. Then I'll be off again and he will be continuing from there. It's just that the demo is taking longer than expected, and I wanted to help speed things up. So by the look of it, we're looking at a demo release date of 15th July or so. Don't be disappointed because I won't be a part of the project anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back