• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I missed that! Hilarious. When Will Ferrell comes out, you know funny stuff is going to happen.

Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell should host next time. They'd be great.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
My favourite line in the ceremony was when Amy Poehler remarked, "When it comes to torture, I trust the woman who was married to James Cameron for three years!" Although my favourite segment of the ceremony was the Will Ferrell/Kristen Wiig introduction of the Comedy Actress Award:

"Judi Dench... where did she come from?!"
Poehler had most of the good lines. Fey seemed to be more like set up for Poehler's punch-lines. That one was great

Will and Kristen though... started good. But then it went on way too long and got annoying, just like SNL

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I watched a bunch of award videos on Youtube so I'm caught up.

I enjoyed Wiig and Ferrel's little stunt, but like TRIFORCE said, it did get a little tedious near the end. Drawn out a bit too long so it was just dragging after awhile, haha. It was humorous though, and could Hathaway and Jackman talk any longer? I nearly fell asleep watching those two's speeches!

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years

"YOU G-GET OUT OF HERE"

"J-Law."

"Cookbook."

Did you catch Tommy Lee Jones when they were teasing on Meryl Streep? That killed the mood for me. :\

By the way, if you guys know who Grimes is, Emily Blunt kind of looked like her in that video. :D

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today

This segment was by far my favorite part of the Golden Globes, every second of it was beautiful and I know how hard it was for her to get up there and confess, albeit in a delightfully roundabout way. I'm so proud of her, I've always respected Jodie and I think even her shout out to Mel Gibson was wonderful. She's such a good person.

Years
I've always liked Jodie Foster in everything I've seen her in. Silence of the Lambs is one of my favorite movies, but I think the first movie I saw her in was Nell. I really should watch that again.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Toshiro. said:
When Will Ferrell comes out, you know funny stuff is going to happen.

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Also, everybody is raving about Jodie Foster's speech, and admittedly I'm not sure what speeches for the Cecil B Demille (I think?) Award are meant to be like, but I found her whole speech incredibly awkward. Robert Downey Jr's introduction was funny, but then Jodie got up there and she was speaking on several different tangents that didn't seem to have anything to do with anything, and by the end I was left utterly confused and felt like I imagine one would feel in the moments after they've been slapped in the face with a wet fish.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Personally, I think she was going to officially come out, then wimped out and went on a random tangent. Besides, no need to come out, we all know you're a lesbian, Jodie!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
She did come out...? She just did it in a very roundabout way, never actually saying the word lesbian itself.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Personally, I think she was going to officially come out, then wimped out and went on a random tangent. Besides, no need to come out, we all know you're a lesbian, Jodie!
It's like the worst kept secret in Hollywood XD

But it was such a weird speech regardless of the coming out bit. Old, single, retiring, then not. Some brief rant on Honey Booboo or however you spell her name. She needs to hang out with Mel Gibson a bit less. I don't get why people in the audience were crying

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Everybody knew what she was talking about in the coming out portion of the speech... I just don't understand what that had to do with the award she was receiving or her career lol

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
People were crying because Hollywood is the weirdest group of people that we've seen on Earth... including us.

Years
She was probably crying because when you're an actor you don't get as much privacy as everyone else and it was emotional for her to talk about trying to have some privacy in her life. Or it could be that she was given an award that said "Hey, you've been acting for a long time and you've always been a damn good actor. You done good. Be proud." I think anyone would get emotional over something like that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Maybe it's just because she's an actress and her job is to make things seem as interesting as possible so it's a natural reflex, who knows. :p /cynical. It is a huge achievement though and a great thing to be recognised for. I know I'd certainly get emotional if it were me receiving the award so I can't blame her at all haha, the coming out timing was a tad odd though...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
When people get Lifetime Achievement awards on globally televised award shows, it's probably the biggest single audience they'll have at any one time, so lots of them use it to promote a cause that they're passionate about. In the case of Foster, it was a weirdly personal one about celebrity, homosexuality (both in that she didn't need to say she was gay because everyone already knows, but also mentioning it would help break what glass ceiling remains), privacy, the media and how they all intermingle in a not-very-successful way at times. I've read the transcript of the speech and, while I can't say it's the most coherent piece of oratory I've read, it certainly says some powerful things. Good for her.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I suppose I'll be the one to say it, she looks great for a 50 year old! Truly beautiful/classy!

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
I suppose I'll be the one to say it, she looks great for a 50 year old! Truly beautiful/classy!

Literally almost as obvious as the fact she's a lesbian. A MILF... that I unfortunately won't get to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back