• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Character?

Years
Vaas is indeed the best character in Far Cry 3 IMO, and his definition of insanity... brilliant
And the way he talks to Jason
You should put that last bit in a spoiler, because there are people who haven't completed the game.

You mention in Far Cry 3, that Vaas is the best character. I think, the world. If everyone played, watched the Experience, they would see what we see. Beauty; in his voice, in his movement...in everything.

I would want to be Vaas' friend in real life, but GOD Vaas would be hard to befriend.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Kreia from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I've explained a million times why I like her, I'll just link to my review of the game and say that, with TSLRCM, it's by far my favorite game of all time.

I think he is one of the only characters this year who is not a cardboard cut out. He was a lot less predictable than any character I've ever seen. Vaas fit the psychopath role perfect.
You should play Spec Ops: The Line before you make such sweeping generalizations. A pretty darn good game, though it suffers a bit from what is known as "railroading" in tabletop games (basically, manipulating events so that you play the game the way they want you to in order to support the writer's argument).

Honest

Hi!
Years
Leon_Kennedy.png

Leon Scott Kennedy

Without a doubt. I've always loved the Resident Evil franchise, even though it's safe to say its popularity is spiraling down. I think the only reason I like Leon more than Chris is because Leon just seems more badass, in my opinion. His role in RE2 was brilliant, and RE4 was a masterpiece. He was pretty awesome in RE6 as well, although he obviously wasn't the star, considering the game had 7 protagonists.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I got two favorite characters. For the longest time it was just Mario because he was the first videogame character I heard of and because I thought a plumber/carpenter (of all people) saving the Mushroom Kingdom was an awesome concept.

Then recently I started getting into the Metal Gear Solid Series and I'm now a fan of Solid Snake. The guy is a badass, what else can I say?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Red, Phoenix wright, Ema skye, Miles Edgeworth, Mario, Kirby and Yuri (Modern warfare 3). They're my fav characters of all time. All of them is in 1st place in my list. Oooh and Megaman battle network too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Aigis alone made me order P3P. We'll see, but nobody before came to mind when you said 'favourite character'.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
Lara Croft is my all-time favorite video game character. I like that she's brave and very intelligent, and is very good at handling the supernatural.

Lara-Croft-tomb-raider-6320291-1200-1800.jpg

I also like Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, Birdo, and Princess Peach from the Mario games, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man from Pac-Man, Coco from the Crash Bandicoot games, Gilgamesh and Ki from the Druaga games, and Balthier and Fran from Final Fantasy XII.

And even though I'm not a Sonic fan, I do really like Rouge, and I kinda have a soft spot for Cream even though a lot of people don't like her.

My favorite bosses are Bowser from the Mario games and Jacqueline Natla from the Tomb Raider games.

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
YOSHI!

The cute little green dinosaur makes the library of my favorite characters. [...] From being in an egg to his favored Cucumber Kart, Yoshi will always be in my heart. <3

Yay! I really like Yoshi too--mainly because of how awesome a helper he is in Super Mario World (especially the flying Blue Yoshi). I even own a T-shirt that says I <3 Yoshi.

Toad

That cute little bugger got a nice mushroom hat :P
There's just something with his little body and chubby face that makes him so cute.

Hooray, another Toad lover! He's my other favourite SMB character, with the Lumas from Super Mario Galaxy being the third (they'd be so adorable as pets!). And that's good, since I've seen a lot of Toad-hate among Youtubers, mainly in the form of either his raspy voice or his saying that the princess is in another castle. Neither of which I mind.

I love a lot of characters from the Zelda series (Saria, Fi and Vaati FTW) but Riku from Kingdom Hearts is just so awesome i really can't decide :T

YAY, I'm not the only Saria lover here! I've even had daydreams about cosplaying as her, sitting on a tree stump, and playing her song on the ocarina. I remember being so happy to discover that she was more than just a tree-loving Kokiri while getting to the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time.

Ahem. Anyway, neither of the above three would really count as my favourite video game character overall. Overall, my favourite video game character would be Meta Knight, actually. But there are so many video game characters I really like in addition that I might as well mention them all here as well, along with why I like them so much (this will go for Meta Knight as well), and what game they're from.

Meta Knight (most Kirby games): In a world inhabited mostly by cute and carefree bloblike creatures (this includes Kirby himself), Meta Knight really stands out as cool, mysterious, and awesome all around. I like how in the games he vacillates between being friend and foe to Kirby, though overall he clearly fights on the side of good. I'm also really impressed by his morals about being a true warrior--in fact, he was like a role model to me while I was studying the martial arts. And I find it amusing how he's considered one of the best characters in SSB Brawl, and awesome how he has his own Cool Airship (the Halberd) too.

Lucca (Chrono Trigger): She almost ties with Meta Knight in being my favourite overall video game character, mainly because she really reminds me of myself. You know, with her being a nerdy scientist and all, exactly what I want to be when I grow up finish graduate school. Another thing she has in common with me is her dad being her inspiration to be interested in science (although quite horrifically in her case). Plus, the fact that she can use fire magic as well confirms one of my strongest beliefs: that magic can and will coexist with science. Right now I'm almost done with my first playthrough of Chrono Trigger and so far she's the only one who got her ultimate weapon, and I'm so happy for her that I'm in tears. Oh, and now I remember the reason why she's not my top favourite: her signature weapon is a gun, and... I'm not too fond of guns.

Wess and Duster (Mother 3): They're father and son, so they can be mentioned as one. Well, first of all, I am absolutely in love with the idea of heroic thieves--makes me wonder why Locke from Final Fantasy VI isn't on this list (oh right, he's a treasure hunter, not a thief). Second, Mother 3 is my favourite video game overall, so really any character from that game can potentially be on this list. But Wess and Duster really stand out in that game. Wess is one of the most badass old men I have ever known. He doesn't complain about physical ailments like most old people stereotypically do (for argument's sake, another old man in the game, Alec, complains a lot about lower back pain)--he even has enough pep in him to do an epically awesome para-para-ish dance to make a door open. I love how that pairs with his otherwise grumpy and stubborn personality.

As for Duster, he's one of the most badass handicapped people I have ever known. Even though he has a bad leg, he can still run and climb and such just fine (I love how they animated him limping and everything), and what's even more awesome is that the main way he damages enemies is by kicking them. With his bad leg. I also love how creatively he uses various "thief tools" for battle purposes (especially the "wall staples" he otherwise uses to make ladders), despite him not being very bright. And how he happens to be a proficient musician as well. Such a quirky and very original character, indeed.

--Other characters I really really like-- (the runner-ups)

Ayla (Chrono Trigger): Really, every main character from Chrono Trigger (except Crono and Marle--they're boring) deserves mention here, but Ayla really stands out to me in a good way. I like how she's both strong and attractive, with particular emphasis on the former. And with me being a bit of a feminist, I really like how she was the chief of the Ioka tribe and how the prehistoric people believed in equal rights. I also really like how her battle techniques look, except that awkward giant-dinosaur-tail-thingy. Especially since a lot of them involve her picking up and throwing the other characters or enemies. For a character without magic, she sure is powerful. And finally, I love how she runs on all fours. ^_^

Link (Legend of Zelda): You know, it took me a long time to really like him. And I'm still not sure what my status on him is, considering I rarely play as him in Super Smash Bros. One reason why he stands out to me is that despite the fact that he's a silent protagonist, created mainly to be a link between the player and the game (hence his name), he actually seems to be given a sort of personality through the events of the games. He's the very epitome of what a silent protagonist should be. I've played lots of games which featured a silent protagonist who seemed boring to me (i.e. Crono from Chrono Trigger, and the main character in all main-series Pokemon games), but the Zelda games did it right. And of course, I like the fact that he hangs around faeries and enjoys nature and plays magical music and wields a sword (definitely my favourite weapon) that isn't ridiculously huge (sorry Cloud).

Ultros (Final Fantasy VI): Never expected this, did you? That's right, not Kefka, not any of the main characters, but the evil octopus who blocks a river, almost crashes an opera, and manages to appear on an airship. I'm really interested in the quirky and weird aspects of a game, and this game has plenty of them. Heck, I might as well mention Moogles and Setzer's silly random-chance attacks here as well. Kefka may be famously demented in this game, but Ultros seems like he's even moreso to me. I like how his signature move is turning people into imps, and how he places himself in physical situations that no ordinary octopus would ever do (especially being on a wooden beam and floating over an airship). Indeed, do not tease this octopus.

Mr. Saturn (Earthbound/Mother 3): Speaking of quirky and weird, Mr. Saturn really takes the cake--I mean the Strawberry Tofu--in this. He--or rather they, as they're an entire species--are walking domes with giant noses, speak in a strange dialect consisting of flipped-around speech and primitive grammar, and love throwing the words "boing" and "zoom" and "ding" and even "dakota" in their speech. And they have weird yet awesome tastes in food, hence the strawberry tofu, among other things. I love how they even have their own crazy font to accompany their crazy speech. And how they don't seem to mind being stepped on or thrown (they're actually throwable items in Super Smash Bros). Earthbound is a weird game, sometimes in a bad way (I'm looking at you, Master Belch), but the Mr. Saturns are just so lovable to me.

Marisa Kirisame (most Touhou games): I really like witches. I really like Cute Witches even more (sorry Gruntilda). I really like young Cute Witches who are not otherwise creepy (sorry Mismagius--but you're still one of my favourite Pokemon). Marisa is all three of these, and she tops it off with a spunky, almost tomboyish personality and some really powerful electric attacks to boot, despite her being called an "Ordinary Magician" in the games. I also really like her almost gothic lolita-ish style of attire, and the fact that she has some awesome theme music as well. Of course, I absolutely love the Touhou games in general for their music. And I'm surprised how there can be such wonderful characters in a danmaku or "bullet hell" shooting game. Oh, and the catch in this? I've never actually played any of the Touhou games. Yet I still think Marisa is awesome. How awesome is that?

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Uuh. Tough choice. At this moment:
Sissel from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Funny dialogue, cool style and well written story raise him to my top tier.
JC.Denton from Deus Ex. Somehow he just is awesome. All the way from his style to his complex dialogue. And awesome backstory/story.
"Jack" Naked Snake. (later Big Boss) Awesome in everyway.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
A bit tough, but for nearly each individual series I have played.
Pokemon: Wes - EX thief, able to resist Pokemon attacks that'd normally knock a person down hard, rides a wicked motorcycle.
Zelda: Link of course, specifically his Skyward Sword incarnation due that one being the most expressive of the lot and being the one to start the timeline.
Final Fantasy: Definitely tough here, but I would have to say Freya from FF9 - Tragic, looks cool, and is able to defeat rather powerful enemies solo in just one turn (technically).
Sonic: Sonic - pretty obvious
Megaman: Zero - Wily's Greatest creation that ended up being Earth's greatest saviour, and generally has a rather collected attitude/personality, as well as being very powerful.
Okami: Oki(kurumi) - has a cool appearance, can turn into a wolf, partners with you in one of the best boss fights in the game, has a great theme, some good development in the short time he appears, and has a cool sword.

Years
I have to say, the old Dante was pretty awesome, but then there is also Tails from Sonic, Adam Jensen from Deus Ex and you have to love Luigi

Years
My faves ever would have to be Crash Bandicoot and Spyro from the said games, and also Ratchet & Clank.

The main reason being that they were part of my gaming childhood. Also, most Pokemon characters too (namely ones from Black/White and Black 2/White 2), so many I cannot list them all.

I also liked a lot of the characters from the Sonic games as well, probably cos of designs lol.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
My favorite charter would have to be Max Payne.

He is an unstable drunk pill popping killer he has some really deep emotions in the game and has a dark sense of humor.

Other than that Master Chief all the way!

Years
My faves ever would have to be Crash Bandicoot and Spyro from the said games, and also Ratchet & Clank.

The main reason being that they were part of my gaming childhood. Also, most Pokemon characters too (namely ones from Black/White and Black 2/White 2), so many I cannot list them all.

I also liked a lot of the characters from the Sonic games as well, probably cos of designs lol.

Have to agree with Spyro, Ratchet and Clank and Sonic characters :) Great, rememberable characters to play as

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Speaking of Sonic characters, I would say my favourite character from the Sonic series would have to be Tails and, well, if she counts, Wave the Swallow, because they're both pretty brilliant when it comes to technology. Well, granted, Dr. Eggman is also pretty brilliant and I like him too, but, I just... don't care for his personality sometimes. I just really like Tails's bright and happy side, with a strong desire to help his friends out with technology, and with Wave, you know -- she's someone that knows what she wants, and well, I do like her kind of "spunky" yet snobby attitude.

As for the Tales series, my favourite characters would have to be Pascal from Tales of Graces, because she's just... crazy. XD As well as Yuri Lowell, because his sarcasm and laid-back personality are both amazing put together, plus, he's one of those character's who seems like a bad-ass, but also has a heart of gold! The same can be said about Jade Curtis and Ange Serena, because they're both pretty sarcastic, and, both.. kind of crazy in their own perspective. Jade has a mind set on tormenting the youth, and Ange is pretty greedy. Special mentions go to Zelos, Arietta, the Wild, Arche, and Raven, because they're all pretty awesome.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
There is just way too many cool characters to chose from, so I'll make categories:

Childish Hero: Sora from KH
Funniest Character: Dexter from Jak&Dexter
Silent Protagonist: Crash Bandicoot
Badass Soldier: Snake from the Metal Gear series

Back