• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whats the least amount of pokemon you used in the Elite Four?

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I'm going off a fading memory of the GBA days, but I'm sure in my first time playing through Ruby I beat the E4 with Blaziken, Swellow, Absol and Crawdaunt. Every other time I remember beating the E4, I had at least 5 Pokemon with me.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Just a Typhlosion in Crystal. It was kind of ridiculous now that I look back on it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I beat it with one Charizard in Red when I was younger, but it was sooo boring to do that. I will never do that again, made the game pointless leveling up one Pokemon so much.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I've done monoruns on most games :P
The original R/B were Kadabra/Zam if I remember correctly.
G/S/C was the usual Typhlosion.
R/S/E was Blaziken for R/S and Magneton for Emerald (I hated this last challenge). After managing these, I could solo with Rayquaza or Swampert over and over again.
FR/LG was first with Charizard, then Articuno, then Zapdos, and finally Mewtwo.
D/P/Pl was Garchomp, and then later on with Infernape.
B/W was the most time-consuming, trying to plan out. Eventually just used Hydreigon.
B2/W2 I haven't done yet, but I'm working on catching that Multiscale Dragonite right now. It will be my key to victory. Either that or my Lucario, who just steps on things waking up.
As a side note, all until Black and White were not EV trained, as I never cared about that until then.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
The least I used in a first fight with the Elite Four was two. Last year, when I replaced the battery in my Pokémon Blue cart, I tried the Mew glitch... and then went through the rest of the game with the Mew and my starter, a Blastoise.

Otherwise, when I'm training a Pokémon to a level 100, towards the end I always end up able to defeat the League with only this one Pokémon.

Years
like alot of people in here, blastoise on the OG blue version back when i was still a kid.

Gonshiro

Zeon Lieutenant Junior Grade
Years
One monster of a Feraligatr (edit- Checked my hall of fame and it was level 64) in my recent Crystal run and Swampert on Emerald a couple of years ago. Suppose I'll do a FireRed Blastoise run some time..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
It was 5 Pokemon in Red version: Charizard, Raichu, Kadabra, Graveler and Gyarados

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
In 4th gen I used my Infernape Lv.100 one time against the elite four It was pretty easy because of infernape´s speed and attacks

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
I have used Charizard lv100 to beat the
leugue 4 in pokemon Ruby Before... :)

I Used Pokemon Cheat To Caught 100LvL Charizard In Pokemon Ruby ;)

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

(GEN I, around 10+ years back...) I'm pretty sure a lot of people have tried soloing elite four with their Mewtwo after using him the first time on a previous E4 run. I'm one of them.

I'm also betting that, for most of them, Mewtwo was their first lv100 XD I'm one of them.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Two in Pokemon SoulSilver, for the first Elite Four. An OP Blaziken and a weak pidgey.

Back