• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite and Least favorite Pokèmon in 3rd gen

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
What are your favorite and least favorite Pokèmon's that were introduced in RSE?

Favorite's

emesprani254.gif
- Sceptile is probably my favorite 3rd gen Pokemon. It's my favorite grass type of all time probably and I always start off with it. It also has some really good Speed and Special Attack.

emesprani257.gif
- I love Blaziken, especially in the newer generations, because of it's new Speed Boost Ability. It has incredible attack and special attack, plus it learns really good moves.

emesprani282.gif
- Gardevoir is hands down the best Psychic type that you can catch in RSE. It learns really good moves and it's the probably one of the best special attackers you can get. Another good thing about Gardevoir is that you can get Ralts early in the game.

emesprani289.gif
- Even though Slaking has a really garbage ability : Truant, I think that if you can use it right it's an absolute monster. I taught it Hyper Beam, because of the fact that the hyper beam's recharge won't even matter because of it's ability. It has extremely high Attack, and Hyper Beam almost always kills in one hit, so then you can switch into another Pokemon. I also kind of like it's design too.

emesprani306.gif
- Aggron has two really good abilities - Sturdy and Rock Head. Which are extremely helpful for this Pokemon. It can spam double edge's and it won't get hurt at all. It has very high Defense and it's attack is decent. The only downside to this Pokemon is that it's really slow though. It also has one of the coolest designs and it's type is pretty unique.

emesprani350.gif
- Milotic in my opinion is definitely worth the time and effort you have to put into getting it. It learns some really good level up moves like Hydro Pump, Rain Dance, Recover, Safeguard. It also learns good TM moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard which are useful against Dragon types. It's Special Defense is also really good, it can survive at least two or sometimes even three thunderbolts. It has decent defense but it's ability Marvel Scale boosts it by 50% if it's suffering from a status ailment, like Paralysis or Burn. The only thing I hate about Milotic is the fact that it's a pain to find a Feebas and to evolve it into a Milotic. But once you do it pays off.

emesprani373.gif
- Salamence is probably one of the best Pokemons available from all 5 Generations. It has a good ability Intimidate, but in 5th Gen it gets one of the best abilities available : Moxie, which boosts Salamence's attack after it KO's a Pokemon. It has really good attack, plus it's also a good mixed attacker. The only downside to Salamence is that you get it really late, because Bagon is available after you get Waterfall.

emesprani376.gif
- Metagross's attack is equal to Salamence's attack. It has a unique typing : Psychic/Steel. It learns very good TM moves in 3rd gen : Earthquake, Shadow Ball. At level 55 it gets its signature move : Meteor Mash which does a lot of damage but is pretty inaccurate. It has good Defense as well. Only downside to Metagross is that you get it after you beat Steven, because he gives you a Beldum. And Beldum can only use Take Down.

Least Favorite

emesprani264.gif
- What can I say? Linoone has terrible stats. It learns one good move from leveling up : Belly Drum. Just to make it usable you have to waste TM's on it. Even then it sucks. Only useful thing about it is Pickup.

emesprani284.gif
- Masquerain has one of the ugliest designs from any Generation. It's typing is really horrible. It has below average stats, it just doesn't learn any good level up moves.

emesprani299.gif
- Nosepass is absolutely useless. It's one of the slowest Pokemons, and all of it's stats except for Special Defense and Defense are below 50. It learns really horrible level up moves. In Gen IV it gets a evolution which is not as bad as Nosepass. Probopass has really high Special Defense and Defense but it's still slow, and has crap offensive stats. It also has a really bad design.

emesprani369.gif
- Relicanth has four weaknesses and it has a really bad typing : Rock/Water. It's pretty bulky though. The moves it learns from leveling up are not that good. The only use I find with Relicanth is to use it as an HM Slave for the Regi puzzles.

Last edited:
Years
I like most of the Gen 3 pokemon. I admit though I hate Nosepass, Gulpin and Swalot. They're just plain terrible Imho.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Naturally as a cat lover, Skitty and Delcatty are my favorites. My least favorites would have to be Lunatone and Solrock, at least to me they don't resemble Pokemon

wilso

Grass Master
Years
gen 3 is the best fav pokemon trapinch line and treecko line and my least fav is just mudkip i hate it >.<

Years
As a steel type lover, the Beldum family is my favourite, than the Aron family. Skarmory should have an evolution or pre-evolution. :)
My least favourite are Spinda, it just sucks (Look at it!), and Kecleon.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hmm... my favourite is Arcanine and Altaria, along with Armaldos. Designs,stats about everything makes them a great team member.

My least favourite includes Lunatone and Solrock along with Cacnea. They don't appeal to me in any shape or form :P.

Years
Here's my faves and least faves 3rd Gen-wise.

258.gif
259.gif
260.gif

My favorite starter line this gen, I just had to use it when I played Ruby. Also, I love the meme it spawned. My fave Water Starter prior to 5th Gen.

286.gif

Breloom is one of my fave Grass-types, and Fighting-types too. It has high Attack with really good moves and abilities (and a Poison Heal Breloom combo'd with a Toxic Orb can be hard to take down). I also love how it has a kangaroo-like body.

310.gif

Electric-types tend to have awesome designs, and Manectric here is no exception. Its cry made me like it, and it's also pretty tough-looking too. Still one of my fave Electrics to this day.

280.gif
281.gif
282.gif

My fave Psychics from this gen, I love the cuteness of the entire line but especially Gardevoir. I also love the jokes surrounding male Gardevoir, and I can also recall my first Gardevoir being male. They are still pretty good-looking Psychics I say. Ralts and Kirlia may have terrible stats but Gardevoir's awesome BST makes up for it.

315.gif

There's something I love about Roselia. It's one of my fave Grass-types and also my fave Poison-type. It was also the very first Pokemon I won a Master Contest with, and is still my only one to do so.

380.gif
381.gif

Ah yes, the Lati's. These two are among my fave Legendaries of all time cos they have an interesting type combo and they are a good mix of cool (Latios) and cute (Latias). My fave Legendaries from 3rd Gen.

Now for the least faves:

262.gif

Eek, I hate Mightyena. It has terrible stats and no effective strategy. And its design freaks me out.

299.gif

Nosepass, this is one of the ugliest Rock-types ever. I hate that nose, and even worse is that it's the signature Pokemon of Hoenn's first Gym Leader Roxanne. I mean, ugh.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Favorites: Absol, Shedinja, Zangoose, Sableye, and the Pseudo/Almost Pseudo legendary pokemon - Metgross, Salemance, Flygon.

Least Favourites: Nosepass, Seedot and Shiftry, Skitty, Volbeat and Illumise, Minum and Plusle, (I know a lot of people will disagree with me but still..) Slakoth and it's evos.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
My favourites are: Surskit's family, Manectric, Crawdaunt and Glalie

I don't care that Surskit is ridiculously rare and Masquerain is useless in battle; they're just so adorable.

Manectric has a simple design, is a good electric type, making it all around awesome.

Crawdaunt remains a favourite of mine. Despite being fairly useless in gen 3 (due to it being a physical attacker with special typing), I still love my giant crab monster <3

Glalie may have terrible stats, but it's still my favourite ice-type.

My least favourites are: Mightyena, Dusclops and Seviper

Mightyena is so... uninspiring. It doesn't even have great stats to save it from its boring design.

When I first evolved my Duskull, I thought "THIS is what my sweet little Duskull evolves into!?"

I honestly don't mind the way Seviper looks, but its frailty and poor typing make me weep.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Some favorites! I've used them lots of times in RSE and...that's really all there is to it haha.

257.gif
264.gif
272.gif
282.gif
355.gif
334.gif
378.gif
381.gif

:3

I don't really have any least faves for gen III, honestly. I think gen III has the best designs, along with gen II. SO YEAH!!

Years
Favorites: Breloom, Shedinja, Absol, Zangoose, Flygon, Kyogre, Reptain, Beautifly

Least Favorites: Deoxys, Lileep, Claydol, Blaziken, Minun & Plusle, and the Meditite line. Ironically my first and only shiny was a Medicham. :\

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Favorites: So many. Top three would probably be Aggron, Wailord, and Makuhita.

Least Favorites: Plusle and Minun. Other than that I like the rest.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Least Favorites: Deoxys, Lileep, Claydol, Blaziken, Minun & Plusle, and the Meditite line. Ironically my first and only shiny was a Medicham. :\

You think that's bad? My first and only shiny was a Bidoof.

Sirfetch’d

I Like Blaziken, Castform(of course), Breloom, Sceptile, the Latis, Zigzagoon, Absol, and many others.

I don't like Sableye, the Regis, or the Gulpin family.

I absolutely positively undoubtably HATE Relicanth. I even hate to type its name. so hard to get and so useless. Its only use it to unlock more useless pokemon! UGH!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
My least favourite Pokémon of the generation and my least favourite Pokémon overall is Shiftry. Other than its appearance, there are a few other things it has done that have made me despise it. Other than that I generally love pretty much all of the generation's Pokémon. Especially ones such as Gorebyss, Gardevoir, Metagross and Seedot.

Years
My favorite gen III Pokemon would be the Aron line, the Treecko line and Rayquaza. I never actually tried using Aron until my second playthrough of Sapphire, but it ended up becoming the best Pokemon on my team. I also grew into liking Breloom, as Shroomish was the first shiny Pokemon that I caught (even if it was unknowingly).

My least favorite Pokemon would probably be Nosepass. I just really don't like its design, and more often than not it would fly out at me any time I used Rock Smash.

Years
Gen III is my absolute favorite so it's hard to choose.. But as many have already said I love Manectric; it's design and stats combined means it's always my go to electric pokie. I also LOVE Walrein. He's amazing.

Least favorites: Zangoose and Mawhile.

Back