• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
If I may intervene...the "low, moderate, heavy" use of power is a bunch of vague garbage that can easily be taken advantage of.

If you want to avoid these things, Eve, create a specific system with clear identification for what counts as what. Give him a pool of "power points" and a basic equation for how much gets taken off.

X x Y = Z

X = Pounds lifted

Y = Amount of seconds carrying it

Z = Power Points used

Then, put an upper limit on it. I'd suggest 100, but 300lbs is about the minimum weight for a Werewolf (I mean, look at those things). So, with this method, you could lift a Werewolf for one second, which is just enough to do what you did.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Actually, what Lilizuki's suggesting is pretty interesting, and it might prevent future misunderstandings.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
While I agree that it is a smarter way of handling it, it seems like excessive math to be doing for every single time it is used. There are plenty of other factors that'd have to be put into place as well, such has amount of power put into use (because, when Solo uses it while angry, he tends to put more energy into it than necessary, which just means wasted energy). There's also the expanse of the energy (how condensed or spread out the energy field is, or how big it needs to be to carry something of a certain size).

Honestly, it's much easier (and much less confusing) to analyze the situation and determine just how much of it was used. (If overpowering is something that remains an issue despite this, I think there's a problem).

I'm keeping careful track of these things, you know. There was only ever one instance where I believe I actually overpower a character, and that was on purpose. (I.E. Raven the destructive Avain-Human, whose power was more likely to backfire than anything)

And then on the other hand, I've made extra-weak characters (I.E. Kiyoko, who is still a played character to this day.)

It's just, things like this give me the impression that I'm being slandered (or that people seem to think I'm always like that). While I'm not proud that I have an ego, I'm fairly modest about it. It's just that I've had enough slander in real life (Long story short, I got in trouble with my bully, the only bully that actually beat me up, and my mother chose to believe the /bully/ over me. One of those thing's I can't forgive, especially since she decided that I can't be trusted on my word after that.)

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
I never aimed to victimise for my first point (I'm actually an overly nice person who doesn't put up with stuff like that), I simply question the validity of the method which was used. so do not take it to heart. If I had not asked, I would simply be confused and slightly worried that a character being able to use that amount of power would be allowed.

Secondly, flip would be the wrong word for use as it is here where I got confused. To flip something is to lift it and spin in the air. Hence why I was lead to the belief that you had pulled a werewolf, which is pure muscle and mass, up into the air.

I agree with the system with x, Y Z but then again there is one flaw. the werewolf ran ("charged") at solo. now look at it this way, you have 300lbs (using the example before) running at you, a speed youkai, moving at a rate that exceeds a normal human's sprinting speed.

To stop a 130lbs person charging within 0.5 secs which is instantly (which is said in the post) would take 906 newtons of force. That is far above 85 percent of the ability you said was being used.

Now apply that to 300lbs werewolf made from pure muscle (as that's what they are really).

The amount of forced used by the telekinesis and the strain it would put on a brain, doing that alone is enough to make someone have a brain haemorrhage.

Not to mention the other energy was then being used to trip the werewolf and make it topple to the floor.

But I will leave it there.
(sorry my boyfriend was discussing physics with me and wanted me to add :P)

Probably best anyway to use the X,Y and Z system for the future as pink said :)

I don't want to offend so don't take it (again) as me singling out someone out. I wasn't :D just wanted a fair standing ground for all characters. ( I will let it lay now and I will not continue on the debate even someone wants me to. again I just wanted a fair standing ground for all and to get my say :) )

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I don't want to read the arguments, PinkSapphire shouldn't have to, and I'm sure nobody wants to write them.

And they will happen.

So, I'm leaving this here. I've accounted for different situations, such as anger and larger fields, as well as all other concerns I could find in your post. It's up to PinkSapphire to decide if it's worth using, but hopefully you find it suitable as well.

Lycans and Power Points
Spoiler:

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
but most of that as eve said is far to much math for an rp, I agree again I was just worried :P

but fair enough, if you are keeping track on things it's ok and I will drop the subject now :)
sorry if you thought I was being mean Eve :)

*one problem though, I'd give him a smidge more points as if it's weight, and we are already stated a werewolf is at about 300lbs by time, he would have already passed out :) just so he can survive this :P*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
It's some math, but at least it's clear. If I hadn't already been through a similar thing with Eve, I wouldn't have bothered, but this is the second time such a thing has happened when he's using vague mechanics.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Lokiepie:
>Doesn't want to further discussion
>Furthers discussion

@Lilizuki:
>MATH IS USEFUL FOR SOMETHING
>If you're a math teacher

To be fair, Lili, you had been pretty biased about /destroying/ my character in that RP. Not to mention the fact that Samus was probably just too kick-ass for the characters to be equal to begin with. I was thinking the characters might be more leveled (as they are in Smash Bros., if you exclude SPAMMAknight) but it seemed to be more based on realism, and when that's the case, Power Suit > Everything.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Eve, we've been over this before, and I have no intention of re-treading said ground.

If some compromise isn't agreed on, you get your way, while we have to deal with things like this again. Use that system, don't use that system, buy PinkSapphire Cherry Cola until she agrees with you, or figure something else out. d:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Thank you~ It'd be easier to just make the Werewolf a few pounds lighter, so I'll assume that instead of editing. :x

My subliminal messaging worked! d:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Eve, we've been over this before, and I have no intention of re-treading said ground.

If some compromise isn't agreed on, you get your way, while we have to deal with things like this again. Use that system, don't use that system, buy PinkSapphire Cherry Cola until she agrees with you, or figure something else out. d:
Neither do I, yet you were the one who mentioned it ._______. (Poker Face)

As I said before, I'm keeping watch over it. With as many fights as he'll get in, he won't win them all (especially against magic users). It all depends on the situation. Fistfights he's more likely to win, but really that's if no powers are used (I'm sure he'd get creamed by a vampire's strength alone)

@Lokiepie: Let's move on... Over drinks?
CherryCoke.png

@Sapph: DON'T WORRY I GOT YOU SOME TOO
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg

Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg

Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg

Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg

Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg
Cherry_coke_20oz.jpg

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Lilizuki: Is your little vampy girl some kind of flirt? I can't imagine she'll get away with much more than Solo, the only difference being one is fighting and the other is Public Displays of Affection.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Uhh, no? Fanning herself with something Frio wants is more a gesture of taunting than flirting, essentially telling the person that she has no use for something they want, but possesses it anyway.

But I'm curious about what you meant anyway. Is there a list of School Rules somewhere that I didn't see?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Uhh, no? Fanning herself with something Frio wants is more a gesture of taunting than flirting, essentially telling the person that she has no use for something they want, but possesses it anyway.

But I'm curious about what you meant anyway. Is there a list of School Rules somewhere that I didn't see?
It's usually a taunt used by the flirty (at least with the things I've seen)

It's not in the RP rules, but considering the academy is, well, an academy, I'm sure PDAs are likely something students get in trouble for. Not to mention there's a T rating, and younger students all around.

Even if it does cause problems, it's fun to watch.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Then that scene in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End between William Beckett and Captain Jack Sparrow had a way different subtext than I thought.

I think a list of school rules would be a good idea, anyway, just so we know what to avoid. It's interesting to note that there are five creatures of seduction in the opening post alone.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Guuuyysss really @.@ go easy on me! I really don't like math :S (i'm still a straight B-student at that subject though) to bad i'm the GM and bothered to read everything (sorry Lilizuki)

Uhmm… about the Solo, I want to see the next fight before I decide on anythin. I can't decide something like this after one fight, but what Lilizuki has been telling us sounds useful, though… don't hate me for saying this: this is a RP not Math class ^^;;

But I want to thank you for trying to make this easier for all of us c: and me…

And as last…

CHERRYYY COOKKKEEEE!!

*cough* done.

EDIT: i'll make a schoolrules section then c: though, just to avoid misunderstandings, Nami only acts seductive in her vampire mode.

EDITEDIT: Attention: since i'm going to make a SU for Ryuu Higoroshi, is there any girl character (atleast 16) willing to develop a Studen-teacher relationship with the 22 years old teacher?

^
Wouldn't it be interesting? c; and totally against the rules? (no perverted things or "bed moments" involved)

EDITEDITEDIT: ^ sorry… I really like the manga "faster than a kiss" xD

EDITEDITEDITEDIT: one of the strict rules is here, IF "bed moments" happen, please behind the scenes, I wouldn't like reading stuff like that and i'm sure many agree. Also, like I said earlier: please don't make things pervy, not too much atleast.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Fair enough~ I'm curious about all of the anime tropes being used in this game (Fangirls, student-teacher relationships, very loud people). If I find one I'm fond of, may I PM you about potentially using it?

I weep for a world where basic algebra is considered difficult.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Fair enough~ I'm curious about all of the anime tropes being used in this game (Fangirls, student-teacher relationships, very loud people). If I find one I'm fond of, may I PM you about potentially using it?

I weep for a world where basic algebra is considered difficult.

Well… i'm gonna turn 17 tomorrow, so please don't think of me as "weird" or anything for finding student-teacher relationships romantic. I didn't use to think this though, I always thought a lot of things would be forced on a student and such since the age difference untill I read a manga where this happened… and it was kind of cute

I won't think like this in RL though, I have a boyfriend xD

Plus Manga is different from Real life :3

Back