• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Pokemon be a Pokemon Trainer

vano-m

2nd year University student
Years
I just wonder, if in that esisode with battle for who will be togepi`s trainer, Meowth wins the battle, can he become a pokemon trainer. Or in future, if he has any chance)

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
I Doubt it meowth is a pokemon even if he can talk i can't picture a meowth a trainer.

Twero

ii'
Years
Good question...=/
In the first movie, one of the trainers said that's impossible to Mewtwo be a Pokémon Master.
Maybe the League open a exception...or not. .__.

vano-m

Years
But meowth behaves himself like a man. think like a man, act like a man, speak... And he really can train pokemon and compete in contests...

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
Years
Actually, in that episode Meowth was just attached to the little Togepi. I think he wanted it just to stare at its cuteness. Plus, wouldn't Jesse want to tear that thing out of his arms to take it for herself? And she could catch it with a Poke' Ball. Something Meowth doesn't have.
But when it comes to having Pokemon become trainers, I don't think it is possible. Unless you write something about that happening, like a fan-fic or something, it won't happen.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
Years
Meh... I Guess if a pokemon is smart enuf it could be a trainer, but it would look wrong.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I guess it's possible, but they'll never do it. Meowth is just a member of Team Rocket. Given Pokeballs and supplies, he could train Pokemon, but he a) chooses not to, b) doesn't have Pokeballs and supplies, and c) serves merely as an extra antagonist to make the anime a bit more humorous/entertaining. The makers of the show have no reason to make Meowth a Pokemon trainer, and if they did, it would probably only last for one episode as the main plot.

A kind of story? What do u mean fanfic?

A fanfic is a story about a made-up event(s) or plot based on a franchise. The authors of fanfics are fans, obviously, and have no connection with the creators of the franchise the fic is based on. In this case, it would mean writing a story about Meowth deciding to become a trainer. The story would be unofficial and have no relation with Nintendo whatsoever, but it would be centered around Pokemon and involve characters used in Pokemon, such as Team Rocket and Ash & crew. This forum has a fanfiction section you can look at to get a better idea of it.

vano-m

Years
Like the one above said, This would make a great Fanfic. They should make a Pokemon Chronicle like that, do they even make Pkmn Chronicles anymore?

:t354:TG
I only watch pokemon anime from 1 to 250 episode. im watching now, and playing TCG. Pokemon chronicles is it an another pokemon anime, not connected with Ash`s travellings?

Pokefan2000

That's Mama Luigi to you!
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2010
Meoth just learned to talk and sometimes command Jessie and James's Pokemonn.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
Of course a Pokemon can be a Pokemon trainer! Pokemon are intelligent enough to understand human speech and follow commands, so they're of course smart enough to learn that pressing a button on a Pokeball opens it. Pokemon have proven through the show that they can learn through making mistakes, and have the same level of cognitive development as everyone else. That, and as far as I see, Pokemon can understand each others' "speech".

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
So long as they can command the respect of other Pokemon, and speak as a human does (buying anything at a Pokemart for instance would be hard with mere Pokespeak) there is theoretically nothing stopping a Pokemon effectively making itself a trainer. The problem a Pokemon has being a trainer, though, is the vulnerability to Pokeballs itself. xD
Oh and, I think only Pokemon with appenditures used for grabbing objects could really become trainers, since... well, think of a Gyarados trying to use a Pokeball or other trainer-related item. o_O;

vano-m

Years
Of course a Pokemon can be a Pokemon trainer! Pokemon are intelligent enough to understand human speech and follow commands, so they're of course smart enough to learn that pressing a button on a Pokeball opens it.
But how Pokemon, who is under commands will feel himself? He automatically becomes i dont kno... a kind of slave of other Pokemon. If it s nirmal for humans-masters and Ppkemon. it cannton be so for Pokemon-Pokemon thing. But anyway, i wanted togepi being Meowth Pokemon!

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2009
It'll feel like it's gonna turn into some terrible world where the intelligent rule the dumb. Pokemon will be segregated based on intelligence and start bossing around creatures of its own kind!

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Well, mewtwo was a trainer of a charizard, a blastoise, and a venusaur

Then again there are leaders of flocks of Pokemon, they are kind of like trainers.

Back