• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Moonlight Version [RMXP]

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
=D Im not that amazing as you posted earlier, anyways, I really liked the colors you chose for the battle interface, they don't hurt my eyes and look natural. I am waiting for the new HP boxes ;p

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Yes, you are! And you're a big help to me :3 And thank you! Glad you like it! The HP Boxes will probably be dark; mabye even platinum's, if they look nice. But that was my old plan. Now I'm starting to rethink this, becuase I'm wondering If dark HP Boxes + that message box would work well. :/

Last edited:

P!chu17

Spanish Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2010
Hi there. I like your game. The new message box is impressive. So is the new support userbar/banner. I think I will support for now.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Well JV, then your wait is over!

v8h82q.png

NEW YEARS UPDATE !

Hey everyone it's me, Nytkoi, creator of Pokemon Moonlight! Yeah, you might think I'm just stopping and dropping off a sample screen, but if you did think that, you were wrong. This is a real update. What's so special about this one? It is being realesed on NEW YEARS DAY. Hopefully I'll have an update ready for every averge holiday, and this is New Years! It's a pretty big update, too! probably the biggest yet! Let's get started, shall we?

First of all, lets take a look at the amazing new windowskin! Thanks to PokemonOI for helping me make it work!
fbetk0.png

Now for the second screen! It's the amazing, the wondeful... D/P BATTLE TERRAINS! Thanks to .Phones for formatting them for me!
v4pemw.jpg

The third! And, wait! No, this isn't the last! Now, this one's credit goes all to yours truly for creating it in photoshop! Its the new pokemon selection screen! (Needs some tweeks here in there, I know).
25z4k2h.png

The fourth and last screenshot! This again goes to me >3 for making it in photoshop. I present you... The new pokedex bg! (Again, subject to change)
vrbwj4.png

Wait, that's not all? Really? It isn't? Nope! This is the announcment of the things that will be in the next update! "Aw, man!" Oh shut up!
There will be:

• Finally, the real OW, replacing the crappy temporate one.
  • New hero/heroine sprite and backsprite shown
  • Proffesor sprite shown
  • Proffesor OW shown
  • New Intro BG
  • Mabye the new rival trainer and OW sprite

Yup, it's pretty much the 'OW Show'. xD *chrip chrip*

Thanks for reading the NEW YEAR'S UPDATE, and I hoped
you enjoyed it. Stay tuned to this thread for more details on:

POKEMON MOONLIGHT VERSION!
All images, ideas, sprites, etc. are courtesy of
(c) RM Developers Inc. Do not steal.

Happy New Years everyone~

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Nice update. I look forward to deeing the new character OW. However, I have some of my usual suggestions:
-In the second screenshot, you have extra pixels on the enemy pokemon circle (you know that grey circle thing...). Mainly they're up by the top edge (unless that's the terrain I see. On the ally pokemon side, you have a few pixels too few on the edge I can see, directly left of the status bar.
-In the third screenshot, you can call me out on this, but you're being a hipocryte here. You complain that a lot of styles are overused (*cough kyledove's tiles cough*), and yet you use that same old R/S/E pokemon selection system with a spruced up color scheme. Also, the scheme itself is a little distracting (good in the battle system, not there, though) in the way it contrasts so heavily with the bluish tones of the slots.
-In the fourth screenshot, the new pokedex looks quite good, I must say. The only thing I think is wrong with it is that the light green stripe at the top (that shows the sprite) could use to be stretched a few pixels further down, and the corner of the entry selection window has that same light green moving to the end of its field...
Overall, a very good job on the new menus, Nytkoi.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
So, I need to work on the Pokemon Selection Screen? And I'm glad you like everything else. I'll fix the circle thing now. x.x;
Edit; I changed the colors a bit. Mabye some tips on how to make the style better?
iefdhy.png

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
That's a big improvement on the old one. If you're going to continue in the R/S/E style, let me make a few more in-depth suggestions to make it go from good to great:
-I like the shadow you've done between the yellow and the light blue. Considering that we're not constricted to the GBA's limitations here, why not expand that to other sections of the screen (don't go overboard, 'cause that'll just make it look busy). But do go for a more complex shadow around each of the pokemon boxes (and the section where the edge meets the background on the first pokemon).
-Pokemon selection boxes: Use a color that more closely matches the blue in the background on the individual boxes. Also, instead of that drab, two-tone "gradient", why don't you use a more clean and modern style (of gradient)? When the box is unselected, I would suggest putting the darkest shade of blue in the center, and then working brighter as you go out on both sides (don't be cheasy! Go manual for this procedure!). When it is selected, I would suggest putting the lightest shade of blue in the center, then getting darker toward the edges.
-There's a small bead of blue on the bottom of the box that says "Choose a pokemon." It may not seem like it matters to you immediately, but trust me, it does.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
I think the newer poke sel. screen has a more calmer feel to it. The old one (green and orange) sort of yelled loudly at me with its bright colors. o.0

Haha, well thanks!

That's a big improvement on the old one. If you're going to continue in the R/S/E style, let me make a few more in-depth suggestions to make it go from good to great:
-I like the shadow you've done between the yellow and the light blue. Considering that we're not constricted to the GBA's limitations here, why not expand that to other sections of the screen (don't go overboard, 'cause that'll just make it look busy). But do go for a more complex shadow around each of the pokemon boxes (and the section where the edge meets the background on the first pokemon).
-Pokemon selection boxes: Use a color that more closely matches the blue in the background on the individual boxes. Also, instead of that drab, two-tone "gradient", why don't you use a more clean and modern style (of gradient)? When the box is unselected, I would suggest putting the darkest shade of blue in the center, and then working brighter as you go out on both sides (don't be cheasy! Go manual for this procedure!). When it is selected, I would suggest putting the lightest shade of blue in the center, then getting darker toward the edges.
-There's a small bead of blue on the bottom of the box that says "Choose a pokemon." It may not seem like it matters to you immediately, but trust me, it does.

Well, first of all, I'm glad you think it's an improvement. Now, let me see what you said...
-First one: So you're saying to give all fo the blue boxes with the pokemon information inside them (ie. WOLING, has HP bar and such) a drop shadow? that's what that's called. I did it in photoshop. I've also been thinking; mabye I'm going a bit too, well, photoshop-y. Most video games have pixels, esepcially the pokemon games. You don't see graphics in the Pokemon Games. x.x; But hey, we can always change it here.
-Second one: Hmm. What do you mean two tone gradient? I have no gradient in there. o.o;; Well, you think I should put in a gradient? Well, I'll try it out and see how it looks ;P. As for the other thing you said about cheesy and all that, I will try that out as well. But alas; it's getting late where we live. In two or three hours I'll have to leave; probably much sooner. We haven't had dinner yet x.x. So I'll try all this out tommorow.
-Third one: Could you point out the 'bead' to me?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Yeah, as the other ppl said, the new color combination is looking better, keep improving ;p.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Thanks, JV. Now, here is a little sample screenshot just to show I'm still working on events, towns, and such. This screenshot features the newest event: Why si a little boy and girl blocking the path? What do you have to do to make them move? ;o Also, once I'm done with the new hero OW and hero back sprite, I'll make a small video. Now, I'll release the answer new 3 days, so get your trys in now.
What do you have to do to make the little boy and girl move?
This poll will be closed on January 4th.

Here is the screen of Niecawave City:
vfccpf.png

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Nice screenshot, Nytkoi! But it looks like the textbox, or screen overall, is a bit weird. It's probably because the window is too small? Also, try using the FR/LG signpost instead of the one you're currently using, it makes it look a lot better.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Ooh, ooh! I have an idea on how to get them to move! Shoot 'em down. Whatever is in that house has to be worth more than the lives of two annoying NPC's.
Anyways, to answer your questions about the menu:
-I don't know about a drop shadow altogether, maybe just more modern shading. As with all generations, the graphics are improved slightly, and with fewer limitations, I don't see how making the graphics a little cleaner (or at least just by improving continuity between the terrain drop shadow and the GBA "shadows on the boxes) would hurt. I do see your point about looking too photoshop-y. That's why I've changed my mind a bit.
-I put gradient in quotations marks because the intermingling of the two shades of blue on the boxes gives the optical illusion that there are more colors than there really are. I don't know how it will look, but my idea was that the individual boxes would look like buttons that you push up and down or plates (if there is no pokemon in the slot).
-Alright. Look below, in my crude cave drawing:
Say this is the bottom of the textbox

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Nytoki...didn't you mention something about the starter pokemon a while back?...I'd love to see the 3 in the next update if possible...anyway, your game is looking good as always. Keep it up ;)

Back