• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The Favorite Challenge
Welcome, bbys. I know, a little weird to see me running a challenge, but I saw a great suggestion in the CI&D thread and just had to make this thread. Credit to the challenge idea goes to Master Strife. So, let's get down to the rules, shall we? ;)

Before we get to that, you'll just have to do a little something. :> I suggest going to Serebii's Pokedex so you can see a list of Pokemon for each type. You will need to make a list of your favorite 6 Pokemon from each type, even the types you don't like. Have it typed up in Notepad or MS Word. You're not required to post this list, but if you really want to, please put it in spoiler tags. The reason for this is so people that have relatively weak favorites (Pikachu, Sunkern, Metapod...? XD) don't get completely screwed by the person assigned their team.

Once you make your list, then you're good to sign up. The next person to sign up will choose 6 types (so teams of 6 are required for this challenge). Let's say they pick Rock, Bug, Fire, Dragon, Dark, and Ghost. You would have to use your first fave rock, 2nd fave bug, 3rd fave fire, etc. Get me? ;)

Now with the technical stuff out of the way, here's the rules:

1. No cheating unless given permission (events or inability to trade).
2. Trading is allowed, including for eggs.
3. Please don't lie about your favorites in your list for those of you not posting it. If you have a team of Ho-oh, Deoxys, Heatran, etc., then I might have to assign you different types.
4. HM slaves are allowed.
5. Emulators are allowed.
6. This is for HGSS and DPPT since past generations may not include enough Pokemon to fill the 6 spots (such as Dragon types in gen I). Edit (12/6/10): Black and White ARE allowed to be used for this challenge now!
7. When signing up, if you have even one legendary in one of your top 6 for any type, you must say so.
8. If you do end up with any legendaries, it/they must stay 5 levels under your highest leveled Pokemon. Rotom is not considered a legendary in this case and Arceus is considered normal. Since Arceus is...well, Arceus, it must stay 10 levels under the highest on the team.
9. A Pokemon can be listed as a favorite for more than one type. (Rotom can be a favorite ghost and electric) However, this runs the risk of using two of the same Pokemon.
10. Challenge ends (for all) after defeating the E4. If you wanna continue with the rest of the game, feel free too. I just felt like HGSS had it more unfair since it's longer. Plus I don't like the Kanto part of the game, so for those like me...
11. If you end up with a Pokemon that's not fully evolved, you must keep it that way. That NFE Pokemon is what's in your favorites, not the evolution (in some cases).

I know this might all sound a little confusing, and I'm not the best at explaining, but I tried. XD If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

User: Sydian
Player: --- (I'll decide a name for him later)
Game: SoulSilver
Favorites:
Spoiler:

Legendaries in faves?: Yes (5)

Next challenger will assign me my types and then I'll know my team<3

Challengers:
Sydian
Master Strife
myrrhman
grey†fish
AceDragonite
deku
amberfunk
TokiohumaNeko
GrassGiant
Fire Wolf
Kanye West
FaWa
Sammuthegreat
Arnold
dragon0fangz
daniehej
seal
yaya0
Ian Watkins
Jake♫
Daydream
Whoever else wants to join~

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
Years
Sydian said:
Welcome, bbys. I know, a little weird to see me running a challenge

It is XD

so yeah heres my form, ill be doing it after my bug Yellow challenge

User: Redsaber5859
Player: Ari
Game: Yellow

My fav gen one pokemon... Squirtle, charamander, Venusaur, and butterfree

so im gonna have those four, no HM slaves, it ruins the purpose

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nope, nope. This is for HGSS and DPPT, not Yellow. There aren't enough Pokemon to fill the 6 Pokemon in each type for that, which I why I picked gen IV games. Also, you didn't read the rules. You aren't choosing your number 1 fave. You have to pick 6 faves from each type. Go back and read the rules of the challenge.

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
User: Master Strife
Player: Strife
Game: Diamond
Favorites: HA! Wouldn't you like to know.

Alright, for Sydian, I pick: Bug, Psychic, Steel, Water, Flying, Poison

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Damn, I was going to be the first to update, but I had to go! Oh well, Master, I'll give you Fire, Rock, Flying, Poison, Ground, and Normal.

Username: Myrrhman
Game Name: A (you should all know this by now)
Game: Platinum, but won't be able to start until I finish my mono-ghost run (I just got surf)
Favorites: Favorite Poison, Water, Ground, or Psychic would be much appreciated, although I understand if you're a jerk.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
Years
Hmm… I've been looking for an excuse to re-start my HeartGold (I caught my first ever shiny in it, but yeah…)

Username: grey†fish
Game Name: Grey
Game: HeartGold
Favorites: Working on it…

@ myrrhman: Well I could be a jerk… but **** it, I'll give you first Poison, and Rock, Fire, Electric, Bug, Ghost

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Grey Fish, you can have Grass, Electric, Rock, Ground, Ice, and Dark. Also, please don't swear. If it's bad enough to get *'d out, then it's considered censor bypass.

My team...is the pits. lmao. At least there's only one Pokemon I have to trade for.

Venonat
UNOWN (yeah...shut up)
Skarmory
Luvdisc
Jumpluff
Nidorino

I'll be starting later today. I don't know when I can trade over Luvdisc. :| Anyone know if you can fish for one in DPPT? I hate migrating with a passion.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Grey Fish, you can have Grass, Electric, Rock, Ground, Ice, and Dark. Also, please don't swear. If it's bad enough to get *'d out, then it's considered censor bypass.

My team...is the pits. lmao. At least there's only one Pokemon I have to trade for.

Venonat
UNOWN (yeah...shut up)
Skarmory
Luvdisc
Jumpluff
Nidorino

I'll be starting later today. I don't know when I can trade over Luvdisc. :| Anyone know if you can fish for one in DPPT? I hate migrating with a passion.

Fish at the Pokemon League

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Horray for ignoring Karen! I'm sorry, but strong Pokemon are my favorites. Weak Pokemon are cute and all, but just not appetizing to me...

Team:
1. poison: Nidoking <3<3<3
2. rock: Rhyperior <3<3
3. fire: Blaziken
4. electric: Luxray (strangely enough, the only type where one of my top 6 was NFE, which was Magneton, my third favorite Electric Type)
5. bug: Heracross
6. ghost: Sableye

Now, lets see... Need to trade for Sableye, Blaziken, and Nidoking, because I don't want to have to complete the Sinnoh Pokedex first, and I don't have Sapphire.

One question: When I'm trading my eggs, are Egg moves allowed?

Also, for Ace Dragonite: Take Water, Psychic, Grass, Bug, Flying, and Rock

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, egg moves are allowed. I was considering making a Hoppip egg for Subseed, but I really don't wanna be bothered with it.

Fish at the Pokemon League

Thank you! :)

I'll do this on HG, I guess

Last edited:

grey†fish

Years
Ok I won't swear… :disappoin

Anyways, I got:
Parasect <3
Electabuzz (I'll evolve him if I can)
Onix (same as above)
Sandshrew <3<3<3 (he's just not great battle-wise, but prolly my second fave all-time :)… not sure if I'll evolve him)
Lapras
Tyranitar​

It's gonna take a while to get most (ok half) of them though :\

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can't evolve the Sandshrew. If you get a Pokemon that is not fully evolved, you can't evolve it. That defeats the purpose. I guess I'll edit that part of the rules.

atm, I'm about to go fight Falkner...with Unown and Hoppip. lmao. I'll edit this post after, since I update after each gym battle.

Player: James
Version: SoulSilver (Jap)
Badges: 1

This was a pain in the butt to train. Erase isn't doing half bad, though. But I expect he'll get worse as the game progresses. I think his HP is Psychic, so STAB ftw? I'll have to get him a Twisted Spoon to help accommodate that. Books is...umm...alright...I guess. Better when he evolves, I'm sure. Also about Luvdisc, I'll fish for one in Platinum and trade it over when I see it fit for it to go, or whenever the levels match up. Don't feel like breeding and hatching and stuff. Bugsy will sure be a fun fight. Also, I hate Roost. :) Just throwing that out there. I'm having to Resort to Struggle because of it.

Spr_4h_187.png

Books / Hoppip (m) lv. 14
???
- Poison Powder
- Stun Spore
- Synthesis
- Tackle

201E.png

Erase / Unown-E lv. 13
Levitate
- Hidden Power (Psychic?)

Last edited:

grey†fish

Years
You can't evolve the Sandshrew. If you get a Pokemon that is not fully evolved, you can't evolve it. That defeats the purpose. I guess I'll edit that part of the rules.

Hmm… that makes sense I guess, and I suppose it means I can't evolve Onix either. :\

Well, regarding the Electabuzz, what if I prefer Electivire, but I don't know if I'll be able to evolve him??? :confused:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
GUESS WHAT I FOUND

Spr_4h_023_s.png

:D

Hmm… that makes sense I guess, and I suppose it means I can't evolve Onix either.

Well, regarding the Electabuzz, what if I prefer Electivire, but I don't know if I'll be able to evolve him??? :confused:

If Electabuzz was on your list in the same spot Electric was assigned to you, then no. That's like...okay, I have Venonat as my first fave bug. Venomoth isn't even in the top 6, so why would I evolve it? The point is to use favorites. Another example is that I have Combusken and Blaziken in my top 6 fighting types. If I had been assigned Fighting as my 4th type (where Combusken is on the list), I wouldn't be able to evolve it, even though Blaziken is in my top 6. Make a little more sense?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Let's see what I get

160.png

65.png

189.png

123.png

83.png

306.png

NOT A BAD TEAM AT ALL, Fetch'd might be a liability tho

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
@ Ace, also you might have a little bit of an Ice problem. I have a Water problem, but Luxray + Egg move Rhyperior make it all better.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Player: James
Version: SoulSilver (Jap)
Badges: 2

Let's not even discuss how much of a pain Bugsy was...I lost to him once. Probably the hardest Bugsy battle I've ever had. He's normally a pushover, but I tell ya, with that U-Turn, he's not to be taken lightly. FOUND A SHINY EKANS WHILE TRAINING THOUGH. ^____^ So despite having the worst team out of all of us, I think I've already owned you all. jk, jk. :P But still, I'm very happy. :)

Spr_4h_188.png

Books / Hoppip (m) lv. 21
???
- Poison Powder
- Stun Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Tackle

201E.png

Erase / Unown-E lv. 20
Levitate
- Hidden Power (Flying)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@ Ace, also you might have a little bit of an Ice problem. I have a Water problem, but Luxray + Egg move Rhyperior make it all better.

Alakazam or Aggron can probably learn Flamethrower or Focus Blast, I'll be okay I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back