• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian walked joyfully outside. He spotted his friends sitting down at the edge of the battlefield. He walked over to them and inserted himself into the conversation.
"Yeah, it is kind of hot today. So, what class you guys got? I've got double battle somthing. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet," Brian said. He had heard what Selene shouted after him, but didn't really care. He sat down next to them.
"It starts in about an hour! What am I supposed to do until then?" Bri complained. Duster jumped down and joined the Pikachu and the Riolu in their game. Snivy just gave all of them a haughty look. Looks like she really was back to normal.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Skye yawned lightly as he left the shower. Quickly, he grabbed Ellie and returned her. Volca had magically disappeared back into his ball, the weirdo. Rama sighed and grabbed the boy's backpack, throwing it at him. Skye smiled faintly as he got dressed and took the bag. He brushed his hair the best he could and left his room, locking it quietly. "S-So," he mumbled. "Fossils and M-muh-ini-i-ing 101. S-Suh-hounds fun huh?"

Rama snorted. "As long as I have no sand in my fur." Skye laughed as he walked to class. There was someone already there, feeding their Pokemon. "U-Um, m-morning!" he greeted, thinking he looked familiar.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Hey now I didn't mean anything by that. Haha. Your a good friend... even though you did sneak into my Dorm. Haha" Mark joked. Snype decided to go off and play with Ri and Ryan, fading in and out from the shadows to tease them. Bri walked by and made a little comment causing Selene to unleash a storm on him. She was right though. Mark kinda hoped that Bri didn't make that kind of assumption... Bri soon came back to the scene to talk with them both. He had double battle too?

"hey! Bri! I have Double Battle as well! Hey! Why don't we be partners for that class if we end up battling?" Mark asked him. Snype played around a bit and noticed Snivy. He hadn't had a chance to really talk with her and overhearing that his trainer would be in the double battle class with Mark, It would be a good time to get to know her.

["So how ya feeling? I noticed you were in the Pokemon center last night. Ya must have gotten yourself into quite a pickle huh?"] Snype said, Hoping Snivy would at least remember him.

Nideous

Years
Snivy regarded him for a moment, then said, "I remember you. You and you friends interupted my sleep. But I'll forgive you, so long as you don't make it a habit. Oh, and tell your trainer to relax. Brian doesn't have a clue about that. After all, he's ten! That's a little young to learn about that. And I know you know what I'm talking about! So don't play dumb!"
"Sure! I'd love to be your partner! I just hope I don't slow you down any!" Bri said, totally oblivious to the conversation going on beside him. Duster growled and pounced on Snype from behind with a cry of 'Gotcha!' Brian laughed. This was going to be a good day, he could feel it.

Pokemon:
Snivy: level 9
Duster (minccino): level 10
Egg (unknown): ---

Megaman765

Years
["Kehehe. So you noticed huh? Just so you know, There isn't anything going on between those two. It's some other girl actually. Kehehe. I'm just wishing the best for my master over there."] Snype said. He was soon pounced on by Duster. Snype laughed and gave off a smile. ["Hey Duster!"] Snype said, pinned on the ground. ["Kehe. How ya doing?"]

"Heh, No sweat. I've never done a Double battle myself but I think My pokemon can find a way to work well together with your Pokemon." Mark said to Bri.

Nideous

Years
"Like I care what goes on between your human and his mate," Snivy said acidly.
"Heh, don't listen to her, Snype! She's just mad because she doesn't have anyone!" Duster said, rolling off of the Sableye's back.
"What was that?!" Snivy said angrily.

"Oh, totally! If Snivy stops being mean long enough to work with anyone, why, that would be a miracle!" Brian said, grinning at Snivy. Duster stuck her tongue out at Snivy, who turned her attention elsewhere.

Megaman765

Years
["Kehehe. Doesn't matter to me. Guess I'm kinda envious but eh. Kehe."] Snype said, getting back onto his feet. He looked over at duster and smirked mischievously. He slowly snuck up to her and began to tickling her sides, just to get a little payback for the last battle. Mark watched the two pokemon play with each other. Sheesh they were sure becoming close friends. Maybe they could double battle with each other during class...

"Maybe I should catch a pokemon myself... I hear there's some good fire pokemon up at the volcano... sounds dangerous but hey, Worth a shot." Mark said. He might have to go up there some other time though. He already made his share of promises today. Maybe before nightfall he could check it out up there...

Nideous

Years
Duster laughed and yelled.
"Hey! Cut it out! Hahaha!" she said. Snivy sighed and shook her head at the pair. Duster shook herself free and ran up the closest tree, smearing dirt all over Mark's jacket as she used him as a ladder. She peered out between the branches.
"Moron!" Snivy said.
"I was going to go to the beach after class and catch a water type. Duster! What are you? Mark I'm so sorry, she messed up your jacket!" Brian said. Duster looked sheepishly at them all, and ran back down the tree and used her tail to brush the dirt off his jacket, causing Snivy to fall to the ground laughing. Bri looked at her curiously.
"You ok Snivy?"

Megaman765

Years
Duster escaped Snype's grasp and used Mark to climb up one of the trees. Snype laughed along with Snivy as He got dirt on him, and chuckled a bit more as Mark was getting cleaned up by Duster. The jacket became spotless after a bit of brushing. Duster must have been convenient for cleaning up around the dorm room..

"Haha, Its fine. It was bound to get dirty anyways." Mark said. He looked over to Snype who had been laughing frantically alongside Snivy. "Heh, The beach sounds like a good idea. Kinda have plans to go over to the pool today but maybe another time." Mark said to Bri. "Its to hot to go near the volvano today anyways... Hopefully it gets colder tonight."

Years
Jack woke up to the bright lights shining through the pokemon center window, he must have fallen asleep there. He stood up and saw Blaze running around the center unfortunately annoying the Nurse. Jack quickly scoped him up and headed off towards the beach for a little R & R.. On his way there though he spotted Bri and Mark with there pokemon Jack would rather just walk away but after spotting the other pokemon Blaze jumped from Jack's hands and ran towards them.

"Hey guys" Jack walked towards the two and out on a friendly face and decided he would be warm and welcoming for a change "So what are you two up to?"

Nideous

Years
"No, please don't come this way," Snivy muttered to herself. She had a deep rooted fear of Fire Types, and with good reason! She had been nearly killed in her last battle with one, the same battle that had caused her old trainer to abandon her. Thankfully, Duster decided to make herself useful and intercepted the Charmander with a very excited greeting.
"Hi! I'm Duster! It's great to meet you!" Duster said, grabbing the Charmander's arms and dancing around in a circle with him.

"Hey, Jack! What's up? We were just talking about going down to the beach after morning class is over! Although Mark won't be coming. He would rather swim in a pool!" Brian said as though this was a grave insult. He flashed a quick grin at Mark.
"But anyway, what class have you got? I've got double battle with him!" Bri said pointing at Mark.

Years
Jack saw as Charmander began dancing around with one of Mark's pokemon "I'm Blaze, nice to meet you too" replied Blaze as he continued dancing around. "To the beach, I might just tag along" Jack did enjoy the view of the ocean and the chance to catch a water type would be nice. Jack took out his pokedex which were pretty high tech now a days and it had his time table on it "Pokemon Mythology and Item Use, that's my next class" Jack replied to Bri's question.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie woke up to the smell of something odd, yet familiar. She yawned and stretched a bit before sitting up. Abruptly she became aware of a certain someone snuggled up beside her, who awoke with her movements. Valorie nearly jumped out of bed at the sight of that flaming tail, yelping out loud and withdrawing a bit. Charmander yawned and sat up as if nothing was the matter. Valorie sort of stared at Charmander for a moment as if making sure he was actually doing what she thought he was doing before putting on her best disappointed parent face.

"Charmander... you're going to get us in trouble! Your tail is on fire!"

She then made a frustrated noise before slipping out of bed. She knew she was going to be visiting the pool today, so after changing out of her pajamas she simply put on her bathing suit, putting her regular clothes on over them. After adjusting her clothes she went off to find a bathroom, where she promptly went to brushing her hair, only to put on her beanie hat afterwards. She glanced at what very few makeup products she regularly used. It occurred to her that makeup plus pool wasn't going anywhere good and so she decided to leave those for today. It wasn't like they made all that much of a difference anyway. She was brushing her teeth when it snapped to her attention.

She needed to go pick up Dratini! Quickly rinsing her mouth, she stepped out of the bathroom, taking a small but reasonably thick notebook out of her satchel and opening it. She had used said notebook as her diary during her short journy, but she had not been using since coming to the academy. It had served more to give her somewhere to express her thoughts, which wasn't as needed here. Now it served as a planner. She looked up what class she had today. It was pokemon mythology. Valorie smiled lightly. She wanted Dratini to be there for it, and so off she went, jogging out of her dorm and down the hall, not overly concerned with that short skirt of hers. She reached the pokecenter and slowed to a walk before entering. She greeted the nurse enthusiastically, rather excited to get her pokemon back. She trusted that her dratini was a fast enough healer that it'd be ready for her, and it payed off. A pokeball was handed to Valorie. She promptly let Dratini out of its ball, and the serpent pokemon immediately floated into her arms, which Valorie graciously greeted it with. Meanwhile, Charmander huffs a bit, annoyed with all the attention Dratini was getting. It of course didn't understand the concept of not having seen Dratini in a while, and so it was jealous. Valorie heard the irritated sound and glanced down at Charmander, examining her momentarily.

"...Why don't you walk with us to class, Charmander?"

Charmander let out a slight puff of heated steam, unable to stay frustrated for the moment after being offered such. The two proceeded to head towards Pokemon Mythology.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
"That sounds really cool! I'd trade with you if I could. Despite what Mark says, I don't know if I'd be that good at double battles. Duster, he's not going to be able to stand if you keep that up!" Bri said. Duster let go of the by now dizzy Charmander and looked at him innocently. Snivy climbed back to her place on Bri's shoulder. Duster climbed up to the other shoulder, and Snivy used her Vine Whip to push Duster off. She tumbled into Bri's open arms and looked sadly at Snivy.
"Find another perch! This is my spot!" Snivy said. Bri shook his head at her. Duster shrugged, and jumped back to the ground, looking for someone to play with.

Megaman765

Years
Jack seemed to have just woken up as well. Great! More company! "The beach huh? I dunno if I'd trust my Poliwag in the ocean. Salt water isn't exactly an environtment he's comfortable with unfortunately... I guess I can join you guys some other time though!" Mark said to them. Snivy climbed on back to Bri's shoulder and deliberately pushed Duster off.

Snype walked toward Duster and leaned on her shoulder. ["Sheesh is she always this moody?"] Snype whispered. [Kehehe. You should use that dancing thing in battles. That would sure catch some pokemon off guard."] He advised, this time putting his arm around her.

Mark noticed that Valorie was passing by, possibly heading to class. Mark smiled and waved at her.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Alice woke up to the sun's rays shining on her face. Blinking her eyes open and squinting, she realized it was going to be blazing hot today. She slowly sat up and stretched out her arms. She had fallen asleep still wearing her street clothes, black jeans and a red and black plaid coat. Whatever, at least she was ready to head out. Looking in the mirror, her hair was a mess. Alice combed it quickly and headed out with Jem tailing behind her. She took out the crumpled schedule from her pocket and looked it over. Eggs 101 was next.

Alice hoped they'd give her an egg or something, as she needed more Pokémon. But then again, she could always wander off and catch herself some. "Vulpix!" Jem said as he trotted along. Alice looked at him and he ran toward the battlefields. He ran to the second one and sat down. Alice ran after him, knowing what he wanted.

"You want to battle? Okay, who?" she asked him. Jem tapped a pokéball from her pocket, releasing Bean. "Bulbasaur!" Bean exclaimed, blinking at the sudden burst of bright sunlight. Alice looked around the battlefields and saw Mark, Bri, Jacobs and… that girl, Selene? Alice wasn't sure if that was her name, as she had introduced herself in the midst of a loud crowd. Anyways, they were all sitting near battlefield eight. They weren't battling, so they were probably just there to pass the next hour. Alice turned to Bean and Jem.

"Places," she said. Jem ran to the other side of the battlefield. They were to battle on their own, with no instruction. Jem and Bean both ran straight for each other till they butt heads. They continued pushing against one another, till Bean had an advantage over Jem. Jem was shoved backward and he toppled over. He tackled Bean, and in turn, Bean did the same. Alice watched them do their "strength" training, learning from her own Pokémon any new strategies they had learned. Bean lifted himself up with his vine whip and slammed down onto Jem. "Vul!!" he cried, gasping as soon as Bean made contact. Alice sat down and crossed her legs, watching them train.

Years
Blaze had shaken off the dizziness of dancing and walked over to Synpe and Duster "How were your first days here" Blaze wasn't an expert on battling but agreed with Snype one hundred percent "Maybe the dancing would work but the pokemon Jack has would just get upset"

Jack looked over at his Charmander socializing "Good to see one of my pokemon enjoying himself, my Scyther was upset after losing yesterday" Jack couldnt put that battle behind him he wasn't a sore loser but he just always wants to win. Jack looked around at the girl Mark waved at, she was a Suicune Dorm trainer, the one whose Dratini was injured yesterday.

Megaman765

Years
["Kehehe. My first days? Great! Duster here makes a really good training partner"] Snype said patting her bag. He gave off a large smile. ["by the way, names Snype. Good to meet cha Blaze."] Snype said, shaking his hand. Alice walked over to the battlefield and was watching her Pokemon have a little Practice battle. At least there weren't too much late birds. Mark looked at his watch and noticed time was growing short. They had about 20 more minutes till the next class.

"Heh, Snype tends to make friends easily. He can be a really charming Pokemon if you can get past how mischievous he can be." Mark said to the others.

Years
Jack chuckled a bit after hearing Mark'c comment, Jack was happy that it was Blaze and not another one of his pokemon or else it would be a different story. He also noticed that Mark had checked his watch, it was getting late "Nice to talking to you guys, guess i should be getting to class, and this time early" Jack began walking towards the classrooms knowing that Blaze would soon follow suit.

"Guess i gotta go Snype it was nice to meet you: Blaze ran off chasing after Jack "Maybe we can battle some time!" Blaze shouted as he got further away

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Smirking as Mark waved at Valorie, Selene waved too and elbowed him in his side. "See! I told you you were a little liar," she laughed, standing up and looking at Bri. "I was meant to be training in the pool with this guy and Valorie but...uhm, I think...I think now 3's a crowd if you get what I'm saying. Any chance I can tag along to the beach with you guys?" She turned and watched as Jack walked away towards pokemon mythology and started, "Umm...see you guys later, enjoy your class!" she ran off, waving behind her until she caught up with Jack.

"Do you know where Mythology is? I clean forgot to look at the actual ROOM on my timetable, I was too preoccupied with the time," she laughed lightly as Ryan and Ri trotted behind her, Ri full of energy and bounding around. He ran over to Blaze and skipped alongside him. "Hey! I'm Ri and this is Ryan," he said, introducing himself and Pikachu, "we're Selene's pokemon. Just cos we didn't get a chance to talk the other day - BRILLIANT battle against that teacher. We were all kind of gutted that you didn't win..."

Back