• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Fire Red Translations: Finnish, Dutch, & more

Status
Not open for further replies.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Old thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=255817
This first started out as a project to get Fire Red into all of the Nordic languages, but now we're adding whichever other languages people are willing to translate. Since all the translations are for the same game, I'll just post [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]screenshots[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] of whatever I feel like. Basically, this is just because I want there to be more videogames in other languages, not just for native speakers but for people who are studying the language and want a fun way to study.

In-progress translations are: Icelandic, Finnish, Dutch, Danish.
Swedish translator is MIA, someone can continue from where they left off.
Translations I REALLY want: Greenlandic and Faroese.
You can see the translations and original English posted here: http://mynameisoak.tumblr.com/

If you want to translate, just let me know! I'll give you the text and do the text insertion.

The one problem I have is that I haven't figured out how to edit the letters in the game in order to add new letters that aren't already built-in, such as ð, þ, and ø - currently because of this, the only languages I can put in the game are those that use letters already existing in the ROM, which means just Finnish and Dutch.

Screenshots:

screenshot20110628at122.png

screenshot20110628at123.png

screenshot20110628at123.png

screenshot20110711at103.png

screenshot20110915at626.png

So far the only language furthest along for a patch is Finnish, but Dutch will be done soon.

Finnish demo patch instructions:

Get a patching program (I use Lunar IPS), apply the patch to a Pokémon Fire Red ROM. Then you can play the game with the Finnish translations we have so far!

Please tell me if the text goes outside the textbox, mistakes in spelling, or other such things. Feel free to post your screenshots.

The patch covers from the beginning of the game to all the houses in Cerulean city. No routes are translated so the trainers will be speaking English on those. There are two places where there should be a translation but I'm having a problem with the program I'm using where it won't save the changed text in those places. Menu items, options, and other such things aren't translated yet.

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2012
Hey, have you made any progress with finding someone to do the Swedish translation? I've been searching for a Swedish FR or LG ROM for ages.

kringlur

Years
Hey, have you made any progress with finding someone to do the Swedish translation? I've been searching for a Swedish FR or LG ROM for ages.
I haven't found anyone, but I asked my Swedish girlfriend yesterday and she says she can do it.

The one problem I actually have is that my life is really going down the toilet right now, I might be kicked out of the country, my few friends not being friends anymore, can't find a job, et cetera so I do REALLY want to work on this pokemon stuff but it's just that I am having a really hard time doing anything at all right now hahha.

But hey! I went to my girlfriend's family's house and found a TON of stuff in Swedish on Pokemon in her old stuff - game instruction manuals, translated magazines, and even a computer game where you make greeting cards and stuff with pokemon images. If you're interested in any of that just let me know. It should make the translation process a bit easier since we have some excuse for how this or that should be translated, thanks to these (even though sometimes they're translated kinda badly).

droomph

weeb
Years
Spoiler:

Hey, you probably don't care, but at 0x2124D8 0x2227F0 is the table of characters, from A-ü.

Before that, there's a ton of blank letters Game Freak never bothered with.

Just a thought.

And oh, seeing that you're doing all the Nordic languages, do you mind if I give you say, an Eastern Europe base, or a Cryllic base so you can work on Polish/Russian?

Last edited:

kringlur

Years
Hey, you probably don't care, but at 0x2124D8 0x2227F0 is the table of characters, from A-ü.

Before that, there's a ton of blank letters Game Freak never bothered with.

Just a thought.

And oh, seeing that you're doing all the Nordic languages, do you mind if I give you say, an Eastern Europe base, or a Cryllic base so you can work on Polish/Russian?

Yeah, that'd be great! I took a bit of a break from working on this but I can get started once again, I even found a bunch of old Pokémon comics that were translated into Swedish to help the Swedish translator.

droomph

weeb
Years
Here's a Greenlandic and Faroese language patch.

details:
Œœ - Ææ
Ññ - Ðð (don't ask why)
ÄÖÜäöü - ÅØÝåøý

at 0xF00000 there is a script demonstrating these character's use. At 0xF00010 there is a string of these characters. On the northwest corner of Pallet Town there is a sign-type event that links the script to gameplay.

I don't know any Greenlandic OR Faroese, so this is what I can do.

Attachments

• kal-fao.ips
    1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

kringlur

Years
Here's a Greenlandic and Faroese language patch.

details:
Œœ - Ææ
Ññ - Ðð (don't ask why)
ÄÖÜäöü - ÅØÝåøý

at 0xF00000 there is a script demonstrating these character's use. At 0xF00010 there is a string of these characters. On the northwest corner of Pallet Town there is a sign-type event that links the script to gameplay.

I don't know any Greenlandic OR Faroese, so this is what I can do.

Hey, that's fantastic!!

I can't remember off the top of my head, but does it already have Íí, Áá, and Óó in it? Faroese needs those.

Now I can hunt around a bit more for someone willing to translate into Faroese and Greenlandic - I might not find anyone but I can dream...

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
SayWhat, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

kringlur, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just contact either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back