• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Survival Challenge (T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, about time people start flocking here! XD

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Name: Cian ("Key-in ". Comes from the Gaelic word for Ancient, a reference to the Pokemon Types he prefers.)
Nickname: Key
Appearance: Cian is an 18 year old male, standing at 6 feet tall, and weighing 140 pounds. Cian has a very lazy posture, as he tends to lean forward and look down. He has dark brown hair that is often confused to be black, and Heterochromia irises: left is blue and the right is brown. His resting expression is a neutral frown. His clothing is just a pair of ragged black jeans, a black leather Belt, and a black T-Shirt with a single Ultra ball emblem on the top right Pectoral. His black collard jacket has red shoulder marks with a Gengar Silhouette. He has a wide range of emotions, but refuses to display them openly, choosing to remain neutral. He has a tattoo of a Haunter's Claw that reaches up the back of his neck.

Team (Pokemon, abilities, moves):

Savant, a male Gengar (Speech-capable through Telepathy)
Ability: Levitate, Shadow Hopping (His Shadow movement thing that is noteworthy for story purposes) and Speech by Telepathy (Proven because 1. A canon gastly has gained speech,2. A canon Gengar has gained speech and 3. have proven they can use telepathy to communicate)
Moves: Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater, Nightmare

Phasma Rex (Shortened as Rex) the Cofagrigus, male
Ability: Mummy
Moves: Toxic, Shadow Ball, Iron Defense, Night Shade

Acacia the Hydreigon, Female
Abilities: Levitate
Moves: Hyper Voice, Dragon Rush, Fire Fang, Surf

Valiant, the genderless Golurk
Abilities: Iron fist
Moves: Earthquake, Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball

Vigil the Sableye, Male
Ability: Stall
Moves: Shadow Sneak, Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, Recover.

Empty for now.

A summary of how they spent their preparation day: As Cian woke up that morning, he thought back to the events. He knew he couldn't stay in one place, but that was expected. It wasn't a tournament, but a systematic elimination of your competition. It lacked any thought or planning. It left all the control to the more aggressive trainers and none to the less aggressive... Most trainers would be constantly searching for another trainer to eliminate. They would only be concerned with saving their own pokemon, not helping the others. He sighed into his palm as he thought hard on a solution. This, Key, is troublesome...

Other useful info: Savant was Cian's first Pokemon which was given to him by his uncle when he was Ten. Next was Acacia, who started as an egg, and hatched into a clumsy little Deino. The egg was given to him by his late father who bought it from a Pokemon breeder. The rest were captured. Cian has a special relationship with his Gengar, as more than a Trainer and Pokemon, but more of old friends. Savant, having learned to use his Telepathy to communicate with Cian, acts as a buffer for ideas and tactics, and makes a decent sounding board. Acacia on the other hand, is a raging inferno of animosity that could attack anything in her sight. She tends to want to be closer Cian, but her species behavior makes it hard for her to be a... Compassionate creature. She listens to Cian's Commands without question.

Cian has a 14 year old Brother named Ruari.

Both of his Parents are incarcerated for having Team Rocket connections. Cian refuses to speak with them.

Cian's tattoo on his neck is a sore subject, and when it is mentioned, he tends to pull the collar of his jacket higher to block any staring.

Cian is a calm and collected figure. He usually will not speak unless spoken directly to, prefering to listen to everything around him. Cian takes pride in his pokemon and considers them to be his family. He has seen the darker aspects of life, and tends to shy away from large company of people.

He has a soft spot for children and usually puts himself into a mentor role to ones he likes(Ie: are not obnoxious). He's beaten all the Gyms in Unova, but doesn't want to face the Elite Four, Which may stem from being overly cautious.

One who knows him well enough would begin to pick up the pattern of tells that indicate when he is Nervous, Annoyed, or Confused.

Last edited:
Years
Koyan and megaman you're both in. Koyan if you're trapped on an Island how did you go to Nacrene city? You need to fix that bit up.

Sorry I haven't been very active lately but I have been very busy. Ill probably start this up soon.

Edit: I have been thinking that all of the NPCs will make this too complicated, so if it is okay with the rest of you I'm planning to remove them (save Concelo, since he needs to be there since he is the mastermind behind the tournament). I won't officially make this change unless I get the all clear from the rest of you, since I feel being GM doesn't change the fact you are all a part of the RP.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Oh.... Dang it! That's what I get for doing this after class... I get too tired to think straight. I'll fix it when I get to starbucks. Yes, I'm currently sitting in the Lowes parking lot playing pokemon black... Yeah...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
(Gonna reuse a character and try to build a future scenario for him. Sorry it took so long.)

Name: Mark Wilson

Appearence:
MarkWilsonolder_zps88422d4d.png
mark.png

(Couldn't really match his hair style with the character creator. His older self's hairstyle is basicly the same. You can use both pictures for reference but the picture on the left will be the clothing he will be wearing for this RP. Couldn't scale the picture to be smaller. Sorry!)

Personality: Mark is cheerful, determined, and like most young trainers, determined to become the champion of the Pokemon League. He's very good at keeping calm during intense situations and is mostly chilled out and relaxed. Still, even with all of that, he has a tendency to become easily stressed when overwhelmed with several things at once. Whenever he has a set goal such as developing a strategy with his Pokemon, he'll also tend to become obsessed with fulfilling his goal until it is achieved. He has a very big sense of justice and always tries to help others when he can.

Due to past events in his life, Mark has developed a very large phobia to large bodies of water, something Mark has always wanted overcome but never could since nearly drowning from a wild Frillish when he was 14.

Pokemon:

Snype (Sableye)
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Detect, Foul Play, Shadow Sneak, Taunt
Item: Black Glasses

Len (Poliwraith)
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Belly Drum, Rest, Brick Break, Waterfall
Item: Lum Berry (Mark makes sure to pack himself with a supply of them)

Commodore (Porygon-Z)
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Tri Attack, Substitute, Nasty Plot, Ice Beam
Item:

Able (Ninjask)
Ability: Speed Boost
Moves: Baton Pass, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Substitute

Kara (Gliscor)
Ability: Poison Heal
Moves: Toxic, Earthquake, Cross Poison, Ice Fang

Summary of how Mark prepared: Mark was very early on his first journey around the Kanto region before receiving an anonymous letter about a tournament held on a remote island. He didn't find anything about a remote island suspicious at the time, considering his academy was on an island as well so he accepted the challenge and headed for Vermilion city to get onto the ship. He brought along five Pokemon on his team, saving space to possibly catch and train a new Pokemon while he was at the island.

Other Useful information: Mark was trained in an Academy when he was around the age of 14. Spending all of his time there learning of Pokemon, he has a very good understanding of battling and various battle strategies. He has yet to be perfect and he never considers his team complete as he always aims to change them up to take on anything that he might encounter.

Years
A very detailed SU megaman, glad to have you.

Note on NPCs: I am removing all NPC's except the big bad. Feel free to create your own NPC characters for any interactions you feel are needed but try to keep them at a minimum. If the antagonist needs to be used you may, but for most major events I'll probably control his actions. They'll be gone soon.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
So, have you already submitted the main rp thread or are we going to have to be slaves to agonizing waiting time? On NPCs I am cool with that.

Years
I'm going to submit it either today or tomorrow so you won't have to wait too long. Is there anyone here who specifically wants to post first or should I just do it since I'm the GM?

Edit: I have just submitted the IC thread. Hopefully it will be up soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Name:Yi Liang
Age 13
Appearance:
Spoiler:

credits to Pokedex-Himori from devinart.

Personality:
Spoiler:

Team :
Spoiler:

A summary of how they spent their preparation day:
Spoiler:

Other useful info:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Yi Liang can you tidy up your SU and maybe put more detail into your characters personality? After that I may accept you. Not to be offensive or anything.

Fireflight I have/had two spots (since ytfel isn't showing I reopened his spot). I have reserved that spot for you if you can get your SU in soon.

Note: Our IC thread has been accepted and is ready for use. I don't have any particular qualms about other people going first so if I have accepted you (not reserved a spot, accepted) you can go first. I'll try to get a post in very shortly (a day, 2 days if something with my assignment goes wrong).

Years
Your pokemon need abilities (that they actually can possess), you need to say what he did on his one day prep at the island. SHOULD be fine once that is done but I recommend you keep practising your English skills :)

Edit: I have posted in the IC thread. Let me know if you notice any errors I'm fairly tired and just typed the whole post then. I hope you'll all join in soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
alright I edit the post again,just add pokemon abilitys and add some sentence in A summary of how they spent their preparation day

Years
You still seem to be misunderstanding the preparation day. The bad guy gave everyone a day to prepare after they arrived on the island. The summary is how your character spent that time (read everyone else's SU or check my own character sheet for examples). If you want to post about before he got to the island put it in other useful information. This is your last chance or I'll have to decline you. Sorry if I'm coming of as irritable or something here but you have received more than enough explanation in the OP and the rest of my comments.

Edit: I'm not planning to post again in the IC until more of you have (So far only Koyan and I have posted). I figure if after a few days nobody else has I'll go ahead though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
just edited my preparation day.If I'm not accepted,I will feel the same so just say the truth.

Years
Sorry Yi Liang I have to decline you. That was far better but it is fairly obvious you have not read the information carefully.

Years
Okay looking good so far guys. Still waiting on Fire's SU and for Tuxedo to post in the IC but I think we have gotten off to a good start so far.

Edit: I went ahead and posted in the IC again just to keep the story moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back