• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most under appreciated Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
In my opinion, I think it's Bellsprout, but I think it's a pretty strong grass type, and when it evolves, it becomes a Badass :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Parasect! I used it in the Fire Red playthrough that got me back into Pokemon.
Normal types generally seem to be overlooked, too, although the argument can be made that they're difficult to play.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
That would be the Spearow line in my opinion it seems to get tossed a side for the pidgey line as Everyone wants a pidgeot instead of a fearow.

Years
It is hard to choose... a few really.

I have to agree with shuckle although at this point I'd say we can't really include it any more.

Electrode is a good one. For similar reasons to Galvantuala... Electro Ball made it pretty awesome.

The ones I find truly underatted though are Wobbuffet and Castform.

Wobbuffet can take a lot of hits and deals double back with each one, not to mention that it can force your hand with encore and has destiny bond to back everything up in case it faints.

Castform is the only pokemon capable of dealing x5 effective damage due to the aforementioned Paras/ect and whilst it doesn't have the greatest stats it is a very versatile pokemon that can deal some rather heavy damage with the right moves and conditions.

oh and I think Fearow is awesome.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I feel as though early bug types in general (caterpie, weedle, sewaddle, spinarak, wurmple) are all underappreciated.

Starting with gen 1, Butterfree and Beedrill are both capable of dealing plenty of damage, Butterfree being more up-front and status effect oriented and Beedrill being more sustained with moves like fury attack and twinneedle.

Spinarak and Ariados, I find, are pretty strong when you teach them poison type moves such as sludge bomb and toxic. Their defense may be lacking, but their speed makes up for it.

Beautifly and Dustox are two amazing bug-type pokemon in that Beautifly can deal heavy special damage and heal itself with morning sun, and Dustox can endure quite a bit, as well as deal out damage.

Wormadam is pretty unique in that its type changes based on where you found one. I think that little bit of diversity allows you to have more than one in your party with different specialties, which can be useful in mono-type runs. Mothim is in the same place as Dustox, except it's less durable for more damage.

All I have to say in defense of Sewaddle is this: Burgh's Leavanny. Remember that guy? He can wreck entire parties if you're not prepared.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
The Pidgey line. Yeah, Pidgey shows up every 3 seconds in the beginning and it's annoying, but Pidgeot is one of my main Pokemon in my party every time.

jfmario

Whismur
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
I have to go with Zubat.
I used to despise Zubats. Then I finally threw one in my team for the heck of it. Leveled it, evolved it to Crowbat. Crowbat's not a bad pokemon. I'd take the Zubat-Crowbat line over Pidgey-Pidgeot any day of teh week. Good mix of great flying attacks, poisoning/confusing effects, and dark moves. I seriously regret the time I overlooked this very good mix.

Back