• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

August Pixel Art Contest : Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Discuss the August Contest Here. It shall Be running from the 31st of July untill the 31st of August. Normal Pixel Art Forum Rules, and PC Forum Rules Apply.The theme is an open One this Month, and shall Be Labelled...

'During the Summer...'

Use your Own Interpretation for this contest. Currently, there is Myself, and Fanking Omega as the Judges. I shall Be requesting two more.

August Contest Entry Rules
Your Work can Be Disqualified, and you Banned for entering the Rest of this Contest, for :
Submitting Stolen Work
Offensive Art

Your Peice of Art can Be removed and you allowed to Re-enter If:
You wish to edit the work
It doesn't fit the theme
It contains an Official Pokemon Sprite.

No Official Pokemon Sprites allowed, but use of parts of them permitted for Minor Use.

'Let the Contest Begin!'

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
just asking...... does waiting for the wii count as summer like

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Its title is 'During the Summer' So Its basically your own Interpretation of the sentance.

Sorry, But waiting for the Wii However, shall not be allowed.

Shadow Wolf 2

The Pixel Artist
Years
This sounds pretty nice.
But how does this work, how is it decided who can start the new contest?

Oh, and Maneachicken, August has 30 days, not 31.

-Shadow Wolf.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
August Has 31. I had to look at my calender for it. And, you have to PM a Mod to get the contest.

Solemnity... Poor you. I'll consult Fanking and we'll make a decision.

Shadow Wolf 2

The Pixel Artist
Years
August does have 31.....how odd...cause juli's also got 31...
And, okay, thanks for the info.

-Shadow Wolf.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Ironically I go back to school on the 31st. Isn't that exciting? Is it heckers liek.

IMO I believe ALL contestants should relate to the subject given - "summer" not "winter", because it may not be summer in some places, but I'm sure the contestant knows what they do in summer anyway. Otherwise you're just giving license for anyone to ask for a different title.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Good. You do that! Oh well... Not much Interest this month. Many People are on Hols.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Its not that tough if you find something that just comes to you, but when you have to do your own interpretation, its harder.

(I can't remember your old name Hyperion)

Hopefully More people will enter.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Corey was my old name. I changed it figuring that hey I don't everyone to know my name.

Well All I did this summer was work....and the b each twice. I HATE WORKING! But I get good money so it balances out I geuss. I'll probably draw something out and then do a pixel of it.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Meh... Passes for Me. Its allowed. As long as its done with Goodness.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Looks like judging this will be relatively easy. Only 4 entries with...8 days left. =[

I Know, Oh well, It makes less Work. Its the 23rd today, and on the 1st of September, start to Judge all enteries Handed in. Then, once you have made a desicion on every entry, PM Me your judging scores.

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
My entry is nothing special I just didn't want the contest to be a total dud. Maybe people don't have time since school is starting in some places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back