• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
After taking nine months off, I want you all to know I will continue this project and try to finish it as soon as I can. As its the end of the school year I am getting less work and have time to complete it. Of course, I forgot how to do most of this work, but it shouldn't take too long. I only have to finish a few maps and then finish the text. One fix two mistakes (which you probably all know since I wrote that in the first post). I wont be starting immediately, but I will be determine to finish it. If I don't, then what was the point in starting it?

Thanks for the support. Those who downloaded the beta I hope you enjoyed it. If you wouldn't mind I would like to hear what you thought of it. Just don't ruin too many surprises for the others.

Thanks again, I will keep you updated.

Last edited:

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Good luck with finishing off! I only found out about your hack a while ago, and I downloaded the beta for some fun.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
by the way good luck working on it.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Anyways, school's first, I guess... :P
But anyways, good luck with this project. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks again. School wasnt really the problem; I just got bored of it, but that wore off. I just have to get back into the groove of things.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
So, is this game going to be one where they just say that it's a breeder/rocket/scientist/trainer experience, and just change the starters and some of the text, or one where you actually do evil Team Rocket stuff, like steal Pokémon?

If you do decide to steal Pokémon, then you could use the Steal Other Trainer's Pokémon code for the gameshark. Or you can make it when you beat some trainers, the run off and leave an item behind, which contains a Pokémon.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
This hack looks very interesting... I've heard of this hack, but I didn't even know that it was still alive...
The idea is really awesome. It's very original.

Good luck, PokeGlitch. :)

Last edited:

Whatthehell

Pokemon Crato Creator...
Years
BRO DONT STOP IVE PLAYED IT AND ITS AMAZING!!!! SERIOULSY KEEP GOING! YOU WONT REGRET IT! :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Thanks for the support. Right now I've only encountered 2 glitches, but they're acceptable. I am getting there on the text and I only have a few maps to change. After that I SHOULD be done but I may be forgetting some text like on signs and what not.

And there is a surprise down the road that I dont remember if I completed or not, and if I didn't I probably forgot how to do it, so that might take some time.

Anyway thats the update for now. About those to glitches, one I knew about but it doesn't affect gameplay at all. it is visible but I'm sure you wont notice it. I know why both of them happen, and I know how to fix one (I won't because I dont remember where it was and the fix might cause something else to break, so I'll leave it the way it is.) The other one I'm still trying to fix. It doesn't hinder gameplay, its just a text error that occurs when you battle someone, but its noticable and I want to fix it.

And I'm not sure how to change the rom to make it so you can catch other trainers pokemon. I know there is a gameshark code, but if you use that the trainer battle ends once you capture the pokemon, so it would be pretty lame. I'm not Coolboyman, I have no idea how to add things, just change whats already there. haha

Again, theres your update.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Wow, just noticed this hack. It's looking awesome, good luck finishing it =D

For catching trainers' Pokemon, I guess you could ask CBM to help you out if he isn't busy.

Anyhow, good luck once again, I'll be stalking this thread like...err...someone who stalks threads o.O

So yeah, are you changing map locations and he like? Like the first route having something OTHER than Pidgey/Rattata? Didn't try the beta, but I'm curious =p

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I wont be adding anything new that what I have already done, so adding stealing pokemon is out of the question. plus i asked him a lot when i started this mod and i dont want to bother him again.

Yep, every wild pokemon and trainer pokemon is changed, along with the maps. (some building stayed the same for various reasons) I did not reconnect the maps. the first route contains rattata doduo and pinsir.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Wow, sweet =)

To be honest, that ending battle thing would make sense (Nobody would continue a fight once you stole their pokemon), I don't think it would be that hard to add a "THIEF!" post-script. Not that I care either way, I like catching my own pokemon =p

Any clues on how long it'll take to implement the rest of the maps/speech?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Oh did I forget to mention that it won't be as easy to win as it was in Red? The trainers and gym leaders will have strong pokemon, but the more you lose and replay the battles the higher levels your pokemon will get, so eventually it will all even. I will start again to see if they really are too strong, but I do know its beatable.

Also, for catching other trainers pokemon, it would be stupid to beat the elite four and gym leaders because you catch their pokemon. of course they will be high levels so it would be hard to catch them. of course it does all boil back down it would ruin gameplay and i dont know how to do it. Every pokemon is obtainable anyway.

Another update, I fixed that one glitch, and I believe the only think I have left to do it finish the text and change some wild pokemon. I may finish...today? We'll see. If I do finish today it will be a final, but if any glitches or mistakes are found (I'm sure theres some, i probably forgot about something or just missed them, sometimes peoples text change after certain events) please tell me and I will fix them right away. Thanks again for the support.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
By today, around what time do you mean? Going to bed within half an hour, wanna see if I should stick it out a little more xD

Back