• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mega Yen

Years
Because I couldn't find the previous thread anymore, and I'm sure I still need some help, I made this topic. The team improved alot from the first version but it's still not complete. Any help will be appreciated :D

205.gif

Forretress w/ Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 Special Defense, 252 HP, 4 Attack
Careful
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Volt Change
- Rapid Spin

445.gif

Garchomp w/ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Jolly
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

392.gif

Infernape w/ Life Orb
Blaze
252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Special Attack
Hasty
- Grass Knot
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Overheat

469.gif

Yanmega w/ Expert Belt
Speed Boost
104 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 152 Speed
Modest
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Hidden Power (Ground) => to counter fire and rock types

593.gif

Jellicent w/ Leftovers
Water Absorb
248 HP, 172 Defense, 88 Speed
Bold
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

260.gif

Swampert w/ Leftovers
Torrent
248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Special Defense
Relaxed
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Brick Break is redundant with Earthquake on Garchomp. Outrage needs to replace it so that Garchomp can plow through most Pokemon (the confusion can be removed by switching, which is what a lot of Choice Pokemon do) Why is Jellicent Relaxed? That nature has little use on it because Jellicent doesn't have physical attacks and you're not using Trick Room. (should've been Bold)

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
What happened to Rapid Spin on Forretress? It's one of the niches it has over Ferrothorn along with Toxic Spikes. If you're not going to Spin then use Ferrothorn which has arguably more auspicious typing and better resistances.

ScarfChomp wouldn't function without Outrage and Stone Edge. A Fire attack is for the most part useless since you'll be locked into something pitifully weak. Stone Edge lets it kill Volcarona and not get locked in while revenging DD Gyarados. Outrage lets you sweep lategame when you need that extra kick.

I'd replace either Metagross or Yanmega (maybe both?) for something. Since Skarmory walls you to hell and back. And it'd be mighty annoying if it Spike stacks and sits back on Jellicent to prevent spinning. Anyway, the best way to prevent this is to invest in 88speed Evs on Jellicent to outspeed other Jellicent and minimum speed Skarmory. As for replacements, you need something that can bust through common defensive cores like Ferrothorn/Jellicent/Gliscor, something like Mix Tyranitar can work since most of your team is immune to Sand damage and it helps activate Garchomps ability Sand Veil.

And use Bold on Jellicent

Years
I edited Garchomp, Jellicent and Forretress, and replaced Metagross with Emboar.
Suggestions are appreciated :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What made you use Emboar over Infernape? Sure, Emboar hits harder than Infernape does, but it's slow and frail, despite its high HP. I think this Infernape could be of use:
-Overheat
-Close Combat
-U-turn/Grass Knot
-Stone Edge/Mach Punch
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Blaze

Years
Updated once again, editing Jellicent's EVs and replacing Emboar with Infernape.
Please tell me if anything needs to be improved or I can start preparing the final version of the team.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
I'd recommend that you convert Forretress from specially defensive to physically defensive. Forretress' special defence is terrible anyway, so why put evs into it. It just seems wasteful to me. Here is the build I would for a physically defensive Forretress:

Held Item: Shed Shell
Nature: Relaxed
ev spread: 252hp / 112atk / 144def

Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

both toxic spikes and spikes together on the same set isn't really necessary. i'd replace spikes for something that gives stab (gyro ball). as i said on another post to someone else, eq is pretty much a staple now as it covers five types. rapid spin is there to simply clear hazards. i think this is the set i'm running on my forretress.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Both physical and special spreads are viable on Forretress. Just note that Forretress is not a wall like Skarmory. Skarmory is meant to counter things like Garchomp, Excadrill, and Scizor, thus it needs all the defense it gets. Forretress uses any possibility it can to set hazards or Spin since it can't do anything else really. A specially defensive set can give it enough bulk to tank weak Scalds or Draco Meteors and set Spikes, laying the hurt on the opponent, if that makes sense. For this particular team though, a specially defensive Forretress works better imo.

The choice between Toxic Spikes and regular Spikes is up to the user, but as an avid Forry user, I have no real trouble setting both at the same time with multiple layers.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I don't know if much else can be suggested as a refinement unless you discuss what changes have worked/what hasn't worked, etc. Theoretically the sets should do well but if they don't in a match then something has to change. I mean, we can't really improve anything else without having a response on how well our rates worked. ;(

Back