• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Miksy's Christmas Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hack of: Pokemon Gold
Creator: Miksy91 (and Mateo)

Mateo has been making a Christmas hack of his own and that's why I also got an idea of making one. I've his permission to use his "Pokemon Gold - Winter Wonderland" as the base rom for the project.

Storyline

This hack takes place in Johto and the main hero is still the one of Gold/Silver. However, this is about his childhood before the time he starts his journey in Gold/Silver.

Hiro has waited long for this day, finally it's another Christmas.
Earlier, Hiro had written a letter to Santa Claus explaining he wanted to get a new bike and a pokemon game as christmas presents.
Nevertheless, things don't go the way they should...

Pictures

96632473.png
34174053.png

Downloadlink

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

miksy91

Years
Wow. Looks impressive. How far have you gotten in hacking it?
Probably 20-30% done, I don't really know.
Actually, I was planning on getting this finished till Christmas but there will likely be too much work to be done before the release.
The release date may stretch till January but I don't think it's that bad.

Thanks for the comments by the way :)

miksy91

Years
This isn't much of an update but here is a video which shows how far I've gotten with the hack. It shouldn't take long this finish it (this is a small project after all) but lately, I've only continued Dark Future and haven't done anything with this one.

The thread may stay alive for now but I might ask a moderator to close it later, in case no progress is made, and reopen it when the time comes that I finally feel like finishing it (it wasn't done in Christmas 2011 so maybe 2012 will do ?).

Anyway, in case you watch the video, tell me what you think about it !

miksy91

Years
cool hack. when is the beta coming out
By the looks of it, not in a long time if ever.

I really don't feel like working on this, the idea behind the hack is just so "simple". Why would people want to play a hack in which you've to find/rescue Santa? Of course that's some storyline too but too simple for my taste. Go for Dark Energy if you want to see some action!

But yeah... I haven't had motivation for starting to work on this. If I come up with a plan to finish this, I'll ask for this thread to be opened again but in the meantime, the thread may remain closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back