• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Legendary Pokemon - Xerneas and Yveltal

Which do you prefer?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 148 34.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 192 44.9%
  • Both

Votes: 88 20.6%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's actually Aztec which I don't consider west per say as it was west culture that conquered it. Anyways the justice thing is interesting, if Xerneas is somehow related to the Swords of Justice (Muskeeters) then perhaps both can be about Justice...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think they are related. Xerneas looks different, and there are 4 members(including Keldeo), Cobalion being the assumed trio master. I think its possible they may be new types and Ive seen a lot of speculation about that. I find it kinda hard to predict their typings. For existing ones I see Yveltal being Dark/Flying. For Xerneas,it's more difficult. Its legs are sword like so Id say a Steel typing may not be far off. It was seen near a forest near a large tree so Id say maybe a Grass type? This also might imply Xerneas is a type of forest guardian or something.

Ive also seen speculation that Xerneas represents the Greek goddess Artemis,and Yveltal represents Apollo, so maybe a Greek mythology influence is at work?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
There is no trio master for the musketeers, Keldeo is a special extra member. If anything he is the adoptee rather than any kind of master. Its role can be compared to Regigigas for golems or Rayquaza for the RS mascots or Landorus for the Kami (except that all those were actually still superior in their obvious group), but it cannot be compared with Ho-oh and Lugia as the beast and birds guardians (who the trio master term was actually inspired by), which is the kind of role I was suggesting for Xerneas to the musketeers as a very equal quartet, as unlikely as that may be.

Gamefreak doesnt share the poorly defined fanon concept of "trio masters". In fact its like every generation they add a slightly more deviating kind of "extra member", which, after a few more, will probably result in new terms being coined for groupings, or a more generalized term that does not limit to a specific number (trio), or a superior role (master). IMO its already outdated now, but what can I do lol.

Anyhow back to Xerneas.

It sure does look different (in that it is not "just another musketeer" like Keldeo), but so do good old Ho-oh and Lugia to their respective groups. With the 4 sets of antlers and a deep association with nature (I am guessing) it would actually have SOME conceptual connection to them.
Also, the musketeers originate from France, although this likely doesn't mean a thing.

What fascinates me about the idea though, is that it would imply a trio+extra with a connecton to "Yveltal".. would they be some kind of incarnations of bad things? Perhaps as polar opposites to musketeers, wield secondary Dark types? Would they be airborne? If yes, some kind of Wyverns or perhaps a second set of legendary birds even?

Last edited:

Years
Well I've read that in the tree are also a golden **** and an owl along with the Eagle so perhaps it can be a duo master, or a "trio"master like Rayquaza. If they do a Golden Rooster I imagine a Steel/Dark, and a Psychic/Dark for the owl...the Owl having levitate.

Anyways another Johto style take on the legends is much desired (by me and a few others).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yveltal watches the world and senses any kind of injustice.If it spots one it will dive from the sky to find its target.If the criminal has regretted Yveltal shall purify his soul by emitting a light from its body.If he hasnt Yveltal emits a dark aura and a terrible fate awaits the criminal.

Big entry i know.I believe Yveltal will be the primary target of the criminal organization because it senses injustice so they will want to stop it.

I firmly believe that Yveltal shall serve justice and will be intolerant to anything opposing it.

Yeahh while it could be related to the Sword of Justice... I think a tie back to Unova like that is too much. Plus Yveltal doesn't really seem like... a good Pokemon? It actually LOOKS dark/evil. Like you couldn't trust it. :(

Years
Well look at Giratina...that thing looks evil yet it saved both it's world and the Pokéworld. Kyurem also looks somewhat evil yet it's more neutral (that how I saw it), heck even Zekrom looks somewhat evil with those sinister red eyes.

One who has been a fan for this long should know there's no such thing as a true evil Pokémon. Besides...maybe Yvetal is like Absol, tries to warn but people don't listen due to it's appearance.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm well it could still be associated to bad, and if it is like Absol it would bring bad and that isn't really positive for it. :(

Both legendaries look crazy srs though...

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I didnt meant Yveltal to be The musketters' boss.I thought of just a pokemon that serves justice and punishes wrongdoers.
It could also use its wings and tail as a kind of scale to measure the evil.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
They're supposed to look serious, aren't they? They're the main legends lol.

Whaddya think they're thinking of doing next though? I mean, there is a rumor about a quartet of card suits (king, queen, jack, and ace). I dunno if that was covered before, though.

*sinks back into corner*

Years
Well I speculated on a card suit quartet of Spade,Heart, Diamond, and Clover...than that fake rumor came so I think someone's been reading our speculation and making us think it's come true... don't be surprise if some rumor comes that says the legends have formes, or are ghosts, or that Xerneas is the ice/rock or Ice/steel, etc.

Either way no one said Yvetal was the master, we said Xerneas lol. I hope we get some more details on their theme soon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They're supposed to look serious, aren't they? They're the main legends lol.

The others looked less serious, though! Like these ones look legit evil. Well, Yveltal, but yeah. I also kind of wonder how high the base stats of these legendaries will be. I wonder if they'll be instantly thrown into Ubers, too :(

Years
All 680 bst are, so I'm guessing they'll follow suit.
It be lame if we ever had a 680 mascot in NU...it'll have to do worse than having a 4x weakness as Celebi (while not a mascot, though it should've been imo, is still a quite powerful legend despite it's lower bst) is still ranked highly last time I checked despite being 4x weak against Bug, and Genosect's 4x weakness against fire...

Even to get to OU they'll need to have a major flaw.

I hope there isn't a bst creep like the last two gens when it comes to legends, I think Kyurem and Arceus being 2nd and 1st in those areas are good for now.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
I really hope neither have a 4x weakness. That would make them very undesirable to have on your team, especially in competitive battling. No debilitating abilities either, Regigigas would have been awesome without Slow Start, same with Slaking and Traunt. I still am pulling for a Light-type on Xerneas, Light type is way over due. The rumor is that new types may be introduced.

Years
Yeah, those kinds of abilities are the only thing I see making them NU...
My hopes for a Light type have gone down tbh. I don't really see Xerneas being light anymore.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It could be possible although if that's the case it'd basically imply one gender is evil and one gender is good, due to being most likely based around chromosomes. :( and light is good while dark is evil...

Guy

just a guy
Years
After Black and White, any hope I had for a Light-type went down the drain. With all the secrecy over Xerneas and Yveltal's type, one does have to wonder if they'll pull out something from under the rug and slap on a new type to each of them. I'm just not sure if they will.

Actually, thinking about their type(s), I'd be totally okay if Xerneas and Yveltal were both just one type instead of two.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Yveltal could be the master of Night while Xerneas the master of Day.
And the third legendary could be the master of ....well a world that has neither day nor night but is trapped and cant exert its power.You know how was the future world in PMD:Explorers of Darkness/Time with Prima Dialga.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
It could be possible although if that's the case it'd basically imply one gender is evil and one gender is good, due to being most likely based around chromosomes. :( and light is good while dark is evil...

That inference had nothing to do with the X and Y naming. I based it off of the appearance of the Pokémon. As a side note both genders have the X chromosomes. It is just the presence of a Y as opposed to a second X that determines gender. Typically Pokémon Games are named after the mascots.
  • Red => Charizard/Fire
  • Green => Venasaur/Green
  • Blue => Blastoise/Water
  • Yellow => Pikachu/Electric
  • Gold => The color of Ho-oh when Ash sees it in the first episode
  • Silver => Lugia is referred to as a silver colored Pokémon
  • Crystal => the Crystal Bell is the item that summons Suicune
  • Ruby => Groudon and Rubies are the same color
  • Sapphire => Kyogre and Sapphires are the same color
  • Emerald => Raquaza and Emeralds are the same color
  • Diamond => Dialga has a Diamond like gem in its chest
  • Pearl => Palkia has Pearls in its shoulders
  • Platinum => Giratina has Grey in its color scheme the same color as the Element Platinum
  • Black => the color of Zekrom the enemy of Zekrom/Black Kyurem
  • White => the color of Reshiram the enemy of Zekrom/White Kyurem
  • X=> the X in Xerneas's eyes
  • Y => the shape of Yvaltal

Years
Yveltal could be the master of Night while Xerneas the master of Day.
And the third legendary could be the master of ....well a world that has neither day nor night but is trapped and cant exert its power.You know how was the future world in PMD:Explorers of Darkness/Time with Prima Dialga.
That's actually a pretty cool idea. Perhaps Z (as I'm dubbing it for now) is the Master of Eternal Twilight (eternal twilight seems to appear the most in games such as Twilight town in Kingdom Hearts, and I believe Zelda's Twilight Princess also had eternal Twilight.) or M.E.T if one wants to shorten it.

Back