• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Progress has been slow, I'll probably get a lot done during the Christmas holidays, so here's a few screenshots for now. It's Reine City~

b5i4gl.jpg
1zoaz6g.jpg
Beautiful! You've done a great job with the tiles being inserted, and they certainly look great in this hack! They blend in perfectly with how a larger city is supposed to look. Awesome job!

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
The tiles are great, Semele. I am also sure the mapping is great, too. Good luck on this, and I hope to see more updates.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
2. It might have just been me, or a random thing in the game, but it seemed that the accuracy of my Pokemon was terrible. My Lv. 12 Mareep lost to a Lv. 2 Tailow because everytime I tried to attack, it missed. Tailow didn;t use Sand Attack or anything to lower my accuracy. All of my battles were like this for the most part.

Well, the accuracy part is just your luck, and Semele didn't change it in any way.

I just wanted to say that the screenshots are great, and that it fits very well with a city. I hope to see more screenshots from the hack soon Semele.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
0_0

Christos! Those screens look awesome. Reminds me of that city from D/P. Big cities are hard to pull off but it looks like you've done an amazing job as usual. I haven't seen those tiles before, did you make them yourself? Your palette edits look phenomenal as usual.

Looking forward to seeing more updates soon! =D

The city's not really big, it's about the same as Jubilife in D/P, but without that many filler buildings. And those tiles are Kyledove's, I wanted the city to be like the ones in D/P and those tiles matched with the FR/LG style, so I used them.

I love the road tileset! And the new house palette.

Let me guess. Those houses with new palettes are the Celadon City houses, right?

They are the Celadon houses, I wanted to have new ones but I couldn't find any that matched with the FR/LG style.

Ok, before I say anything I else; I want to let you know this: I apprecaite the effort and timew put into this project, and I know that it takes a lot of talent to do what you have done. Now, for the bad part.

I have several complaints with the hack, all of which made this my lease favorite hack to have played. Sorry, but it's true. Here are the problems I had with it.

1. The starter - I really wish you would change the starter from Mareep to something else. I'm not saying that I want it to be a starter from one of the official games, but something other than Mareep. How about some of these: Machop*, Sandshrew, Aaron, Growlithe, Abra**,Evee, Ghastly, Carvahhn, Spheal, Wailmer, or just create your own Pokemon to be the starter in the game***.

2. It might have just been me, or a random thing in the game, but it seemed that the accuracy of my Pokemon was terrible. My Lv. 12 Mareep lost to a Lv. 2 Tailow because everytime I tried to attack, it missed. Tailow didn;t use Sand Attack or anything to lower my accuracy. All of my battles were like this for the most part.

3. The Cave( I forget the name) at the beginning, is the most annoying thing I've ever played through, including the Dark Cave in Fire Red and Leaf Green. All but one of my Pokemon fanited, and then I lost at the exit to Nate, and had to start back in the Town where you get your first Pokemon. At this point, I just quit playing.

4. Wild Pokemon seemed to be a lot stronger than they should be; most of them could easily beat all of my Pokemon when they were a couple leveles lower than mine.

*You would need to find a new way to get Machop to evolve into Machoke, maybe through some sort of in-game trade(and they trade it back), an item that automatically evolves it when it reaches a certain level, or a person who somehow evolves it for you.

**Abra would need to be changed to start out with a basic attack that does damage, maybe Confusion instead of Teleport, then make it learn a new attack where it would normally have learned Confusion.

***I you know how to do this and are able to, then I definitely suggest this. You do not need to make all neww Pokemon for the game, just a starter and two more for its evolutions. I have some ideas for it below:

1.Name: Dragaar(or Draagar maybe)
Type: Dragon/Physic
Some Moves: Physchic, Dragon Rage, Outrage, Physco Boost, Dragonbreath, Other physic attack(s) I can't think of right now.

2nd Evolution: Dragexx( or Draagex)
3rd Evolution: Dragorex ( or Draagorex[might not fit])

2. Name: Vadia
Type: Dark/Physchic
Some Moves: Crunch, Bite, Physcic, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Psybeam

2nd Evolution: Vadiex
3rd Evolution: Vadiexus

I think that if you added in the original Pokemon( especially the ones I mentioned, lol) then your game would be loads better. Please take into consideration what I have suggested. Thank you.

The hack's getting a lot remaking right now, so most of the things that you didn't like will change.

1. The new starter's probably going to be Spheal, I'm not sure yet, but it'll be either that, Nidoran (male for male and female for female) or a custom pokémon.

2. It was probably just you, I didn't change anything with accuracy, but I'll try to avoid having pokémon with sand attack early in the game.

3. I'll try and make the levels lower so it won't be that hard, Nate's event was removed since there will be a battle with him after you beat the first gym, and since you've had trouble, I'll add someone that heals your pokémon near the exit, unless I see that it isn't really needed.

4. They were supposed to be like that, I wanted people to train before battling, but I'll probably make the levels lower.

Wow is all I can say, those screenshots are so awesome!
But isnt that path Kyledoves?

Thanks, and yes, that path is Kyledove's, I've included him in the credits in the first post.

Beautiful! You've done a great job with the tiles being inserted, and they certainly look great in this hack! They blend in perfectly with how a larger city is supposed to look. Awesome job!

Thanks, the city's not that large, but it's fine since it's too early in the game.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
The City looks gorgeous. <33.

You plan on switching the FR Trees XD.
I mean it's not like I don't like it. But the pallete looks like a sunset theme on the city and the trees sort of stick out.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2008
I love this , but there is a problem . After playing damn long , i couldn't save it . I'm using gpSP emulator for my psp .

Anyone knows how to solve it ? I had this problem with rijon too , but i managed to solve that . i applied the same method of solving onto liquid ocean but still can't .

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
Years
I really loved this game, primarily because of the seemingly flawless gameplay and also the little things such as sub-missions and the OWs.
Great job and keep up the good work, Semele

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2008
Finally figured out how to get it to work. I love this game so much. and I thank you for taking the time to make this seem like a real game. I love the story you put into it as well. Like that girl who was looking at the stars. It's feels like fantasy. hehe.

Anyway, I love it, but I have a few issues:

1. I got glitched when I lost to the rocket that picked up the fire crystal. I couldn't progress any further and I had saved the game after I lost. T_T So I got to start all over.

2. You seem to use players to block the way to prevent you from going any further a lot. Just something I noticed. Not going to say to change it. But.

Anyway, it's a real good game! I hope you continue to work with it and perfect it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Finally figured out how to get it to work. I love this game so much. and I thank you for taking the time to make this seem like a real game. I love the story you put into it as well. Like that girl who was looking at the stars. It's feels like fantasy. hehe.

Anyway, I love it, but I have a few issues:

1. I got glitched when I lost to the rocket that picked up the fire crystal. I couldn't progress any further and I had saved the game after I lost. T_T So I got to start all over.

2. You seem to use players to block the way to prevent you from going any further a lot. Just something I noticed. Not going to say to change it. But.

Anyway, it's a real good game! I hope you continue to work with it and perfect it.

Thanks.

1. The rocket event won't be in the next version, but I know what caused this and I won't do events like that.

2. I only used people twice, but I'll probably only use it once.

The City looks gorgeous. <33.

You plan on switching the FR Trees XD.
I mean it's not like I don't like it. But the pallete looks like a sunset theme on the city and the trees sort of stick out.

I love this , but there is a problem . After playing damn long , i couldn't save it . I'm using gpSP emulator for my psp .

Anyone knows how to solve it ? I had this problem with rijon too , but i managed to solve that . i applied the same method of solving onto liquid ocean but still can't .

Fire Red is BPRE, Liquid Ocean is IDOC. I think that'll probably help you.

I really loved this game, primarily because of the seemingly flawless gameplay and also the little things such as sub-missions and the OWs.
Great job and keep up the good work, Semele

Thanks, I will. :3

wow i love the new backround of the thread !
it look's great !
so will there be any updates soon ?
good luck !

~ Womanizer ~'s made a nice layout for the thread, you can see it in the first post, I've also updated the screenshots and the characters/story sections.

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
I played it and it's very well done. i'm happy for you :D good luck on future releases of this rom. Bye!

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
ive been playin this game and cant go anywhere!! i have rocksmash and cant use it!!! ive beat all the gym leaders ive seen so far i cant go anywhere!!! plse send help!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
ok i havent played a pkmn game in quite awhile so if im missing something thats probably easy to see im sry for wasting time. ok ive cleared out the mine just fine, beat the leader in senora city, dont have cut to go through aeryn meadows, and dont have rocksmash(not sure where Aljam got his) to break the rocks between reine city and mt. erizon. so any help would be appreciated. on another note sableve r hard as **** to catch still dont have one and how do u wake the guardian in senora city?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This hack looks very nice. I like the minigame, it's very creative and everyone likes Lapras :) The tiles are very nice and I'm glad that you kept some Fire Red tiles so the game still has a touch of it's origins. The palettes are amazing. This hack is going to be an awesome thing to play. By the way, are there any of the "timed steps" events in this hack? Also, it would look nice if you got some DP style tiles for the Gym, Center and Pokemart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back