• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showcase Your Work! - The Creative Media Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
My first non-cover remix (if you see the difference :D )
Pokemon Emerald Brain Frontier Battle Orchestral remix!
I hope you'll like it :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Just made this one... the FFX Battle theme, using Pokemon DS instruments!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Shay-Shay: Your mixes are done well, but as I'm not completely into the music you're making, I don't have anything else to say.

PokemonComposer: It's awesome you're doing mixes with live recorded instruments. If you play them all, you have more talent than me. Also your Wii shop channel reminds me of the music from the original Sims. However, and I don't mean to sound harsh here, but they all sound really off-beat. The rhythm and timing is just not there! Also your Battle Frontier Orchestral remix... well, you can't just take a MIDI file and replace each instrument with strings, brass, woodwinds and orchestra percussion. Add some dynamics there, a creative bassline brass, and that muted trumpet doesn't go well with the song. Also, I'm not sure what's up with that hi-hat metronome. Did you use airfont 380 for your orchestral composition?
To answer your question about my Goldenrod City rearrangement. No I wasn't attempting it with high quality soundfonts. I used the same soundfont that's in the Pokemon DS games. I also tried your idea of adding in some lower octave strings before I put it up on youtube, but it just didn't have the feeling I was going for.

Genevieve: I couldn't load your myspace music since it was a restricted profile. Your movies were cute and cheesy XD. Not sure what to say about your medleys.

As for me.. well, I did a Pokemon DS soundfont rearrangement of the FFX Normal Battle theme. Now I've attempted an FFX remaster (dear god help me) of the Normal Battle theme. It's not perfect, but I tried my best (as I am now) at it. I'm always open to criticism!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
@Darkroman: Thank You for the feedback! And I truly understand. What type of music do you like then? I'll probably end up making something that you might like in the future, who knows. I'm just knocking down a list of projects, mostly 8BIT Sounds, Dubstep genre, Pop tracks and Soft piano music.

Some 8-bit tunes I like, and some techno and trance. Some examples of the type of techno I like are from Armin Van Buuren, (older) Basshunter, and the song "Sea Tides" from Andy Bluesman. I'm not into dubstep at all unfortunately. I'm a bit of a dubstep hater :P ...actually just a strong disliker lol. Anyway, I like metal, some orchestra pieces, classic rock, and some modern rock.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
PokemonComposer: It's awesome you're doing mixes with live recorded instruments. If you play them all, you have more talent than me. Also your Wii shop channel reminds me of the music from the original Sims. However, and I don't mean to sound harsh here, but they all sound really off-beat. The rhythm and timing is just not there!
I'm absolutely aware of it. It was recorded in a very short time. I think the problem is, I've not learned its harmony and melody, so I wasn't capable of playing it fluently and even with some better moments, it's sounds extremely "heavy" compared to the original version. I fully agree on that point. I'm looking forward to getting some cool Sound Interface. My old 90' creative card just cannot process in real-time when it comes to recording and audio monitoring latency on my headphones is killing me off, so it's not even possible to synchronize each track "just-in-time". Even my iPhone 3GS with iRig midi and garageband is doing much better job. Latency is minimal, but I have to find some way to get transfer drums samples to iPhone, because that's the only flaw in my one-man-band "career".

Also your Battle Frontier Orchestral remix... well, you can't just take a MIDI file and replace each instrument with strings, brass, woodwinds and orchestra percussion. Add some dynamics there, a creative bassline brass, and that muted trumpet doesn't go well with the song. Also, I'm not sure what's up with that hi-hat metronome. Did you use airfont 380 for your orchestral composition?
It's nice you pointed it out. I'm totally fresh, when it comes to Midi editing. I'm not really aware of "airfront" you've mentioned. Can you explain it to me?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
It's nice you pointed it out. I'm totally fresh, when it comes to Midi editing. I'm not really aware of "airfront" you've mentioned. Can you explain it to me?

Airfont is a soundfont. A soundfont is basically a file (.DLS or .SF2 are the most used) that assigns the different MIDI instrument patches some samples (most of the time they're synthesized samples). What do you use for a MIDI editor and do you use its default sound? And... a creative card from the 90s? Are you currently rocking an Audigy, Live, or.. an AWE based model? Try buying a decent soundcard with good native support for ASIO. I'm currently using an Asus Xonar DX which has native support for ASIO, but I don't really use that feature since all my MIDI notes are hand-clicked in a MIDI editor rather than recorded from an external MIDI device.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
I used MusicBox soundfont. I've got Soudblaster Live Card. It's not even official supported in Windows 7. I had to download modified drives and still it's not playing even loud enough to cover my headphones needs(bug in drivers). When it's possible I'm using ASIO4ALL and it's working generally ok, still I have to use low-samples settings when it comes to VST real-time recording.

I'm also using Mixcraft as a Midi Editor and Midi Recorder, because it's software the most similiar to GarageBand, which I'm sometimes using on iOS.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I used MusicBox soundfont. I've got Soudblaster Live Card. It's not even official supported in Windows 7. I had to download modified drives and still it's not playing even loud enough to cover my headphones needs(bug in drivers). When it's possible I'm using ASIO4ALL and it's working generally ok, still I have to use low-samples settings when it comes to VST real-time recording.

I'm also using Mixcraft as a Midi Editor and Midi Recorder, because it's software the most similiar to GarageBand, which I'm sometimes using on iOS.

Wow! A live! :) I remember loving its built-in MIDI synth back in the day. Honestly though, get a modern sound card :P. A good compromise between games, sound quality, and price is the ASUS Xonar DX. Seriously, if you can afford $70-$80, then get it. It has native ASIO support, 7.1 channels through 4 analog plugs, or a single optical cable, 116db SNR (signal-to-noise ratio in case you don't know which I'm sure you do lol). It's pretty clean sounding, a hell of a lot more than my audigy 2 that I upgraded from. I'd imagine it'd be a bigger difference from a SB Live.

Now if you're worried about MIDI soundfont configuration, get 'BASSMIDI driver'. It's a MIDI soundfont configuration utility for all versions of windows that overrides the default barf inducing windows soundfont. It's what I use to assign my Pokemon soundfont. And it does support all the MIDI Controller codes. It only loads .SF2 files though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
Yeah, I'm sure that even my built-in motherboard sound interface could cover better my needs(yet it's broken, that's why I had to put SB Live in PCI slot). Well, I have to think it over. I think I can afford it and in my local store I found priced as above($80). I'm really tired of fighting with my card to achieve anything. And yes, I know about SNR of course :P
I'm even going to study Electronics with expertise on Acoustic Engineering, so sound interface's specifications are only tip of the iceberg, compared to what I'm going to learn :D

Edit. I've rented M Audio Delta 1010 from my colleague. That's an upgrade!
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan00/articles/midiman1010.htm

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
Update. Pokemon Gym Theme. Mainly based on III gen version, but as in whole universe with the same melody :P Still with iOS garageband.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020

I refrained from posting it because I hated this piece at first, but now it's grown on me. Feel free to criticise whatever. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
Ahhhh, this is the place where I drop my creations into?*__*

A fanmade creation and my own version of the elite four battle theme.

Enjoy!

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Ahhhh, this is the place where I drop my creations into?*__*

A fanmade creation and my own version of the elite four battle theme.

Enjoy!

I love this instrumentation! ^^

your drumwork is also really nice

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I like all the stuffs that's been posted so far. PokeComposer, that cover was good and it seems like you're getting a handle on timing :)

So I have an oldie but a goodie. I did yet another remaster of the HGSS Champion Battle theme. Since the theme was my first attempt at VST remastering like... 3 years ago or so.. I thought I'd do another one to see how far I've come.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
Hey guys well ive been thinking about making pokemon battle move sets for people who are unsure on what moves they should use on there pokemon and i was wondering if i could get some feedback on it and what you think about. ive made one video and i dont have the greatest mic for recording but i would like too know what u guys think about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUrJ4y0cZLg

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Let's all revive this thread, shall we?

Here's a piece I made earlier today.

(it means the 6AM homebound train, not the 6PM one :P )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back