• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easiest possible way to insert music and loop!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
This is not where you should ask! Especially not reviving this old thread.

Anyways, try Sappy Mod 17.1. http://filetrip.net/gba-downloads/tools-utilities/download-sappy-2006-mod-17-1-f30549.html

But if we have a doubt related to this tutorial, shouldn't we post the doubt itself in the tutorial's thread itself? ...
Makes sense for me, also, Moderators didn't closed it which could be a signal..

ON:
So.. I've tried this and it didn't worked ;_; ...
I've added the lines like this:
Spoiler:

But when i'm about to assemble the song in Sappy it says:
Error #1004, "A ';' was expected"
On line: "2924: .word "TOWN01"_1_loop".
(It was in Spanish so i've tried to translate it, it could be slightly different in English)

Halp? ;_;

Last edited:

Bonnox

Time (wasting) Lord
Years
Hi, i'm very sorry to exhume (blame google if the term is not correct) the topic, but I just searched on internet about the looping subject and I finally came across this interesting topic, after a ton of useless tries.
I just wanted to make a clarification (again blame google translate).

Is not needed to sepate the tracks of a song. Why? because the product of
midi2agb, id est the .S file, is essentially an assembly file, just like .ASM .

".byte" and such are directives, and in particular, "FINE" is an ".equ" directive, which turns out that
".byte FINE"
means "put the byte 'something that we human call fine for simplicity' at this location"

Spoiler:

All this intricate stuff for what?

Just locate the comment (comments begin with @ ) which reports the name of a track, and put a label (things that end with : ) with a different name. Obviously, change the name after the GOTO.

now, the only problem is to interpret all that messed stuff of bytes, in order to figure out where you have to manually put your loop.

and nothing else, thanks for listening to me.
ah, and obviously MANY thanks to omega zero!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
Why can't there ever be a specific tutorial on how to mod things? I hate the "insert track title here", it's incredibly unspecific. And to top it off, your tutorial didn't even work! My song just ended at the five minute mark (which is the length of the song!

HackMew's thumb.dat isn't even available at this point, why can't anything be easy and specific?

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Why can't there ever be a specific tutorial on how to mod things? I hate the "insert track title here", it's incredibly unspecific. And to top it off, your tutorial didn't even work! My song just ended at the five minute mark (which is the length of the song!

HackMew's thumb.dat isn't even available at this point, why can't anything be easy and specific?

This post is very old and outdated. Check out this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=292547
This is absolutely the easiest way to loop music.

Back