• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Organism Challenge

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
THE ORGANISM CHALENGE

Hello and welcome! This challenge is all about the real-life animal classes Pokémon are based on.​

Below are several classes with extra challenging rules to play your game with this new challenge.​

Main Rules

*You must choose one of the 7 classes below to make a team.​

*Duplicate Pokémon are allowed, however, it is reccomended not to.​

*Legendaries are NOT allowed.​

*HM Slaves are allowed.​

*You must have at least 3 Pokémon in your party.​

*Hacking is only allowed if you can't have 3 Pokémon before the 3th Gym.​

Challenge ends when you defeat:
Spoiler:

BIRDS

You may only choose Pokémon based on real-life birds. (Pigeons, penguins etc.)​

Below are some examples.​

General Rules:

Berries are the only held items that are allowed.​

Extra Rules:

Flyer Rule: At least 2 Pokémon must learn Fly.

Pluck Rule: All Pokémon that can learn Pluck must learn it.

Examples:​

Spoiler:

------------------------–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FISH

You may only choose Pokémon based on real-life fish. (Sharks, lure fish etc.)
NOTE: Frillish and Jellicent are not fish.

General Rules:

All the Pokémon capable of learning Surf must know it.​

Extra Rules:

Aquatic Rule: All your Pokémon must learn at least one Water-type TM/HM Move.​

Spoiler:

------------------------–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARTHOPODS

You may only choose Pokémon based on real-life arthopod creatures. (Crabs, beetles etc.)​

General Rules:

Caterpillar, cocoon and bagworm-based Pokémon are banned.​

All of your Pokémon must know a Poison-type move. (Only level-up moves.)​

Extra Rules:

Queen Rule: You must have a female Pokémon leading your team, this one is the only one who may hold items and must be at least +2 levels above the rest.
Variety Rule: You must have at least 1 non-Bug Type.​

Spoiler:

REPTILES

You may only choose Pokémon based on real-life reptiles. (Dinosaurs, turtles etc.)
NOTE: Dragons are not counted as reptiles, however, some Dragon-type Pokémon are based on Dinosaurs and not on mythological dragon-creatures. (i.e. Bagon)​

General Rules:

You must have at least one NFE Pokémon.​

If you obtain a Skull, Armor or Cover Fossil, you must recover it and put the Pokémon in your team.​

Extra Rules:

Jurassic Rule: You must have at least 1 Dinosaur-based Pokémon.
Starter Rule: You must choose the Reptile-based starter.

Spoiler:

CANINE & FELINE

You may only choose Pokémon based on real-life cat-like and dog-like animals. (Foxes, Wolfs etc.)​

General Rules:

You may choose either Feline or Canine Pokémon, or both. (i.e. Canine class is with only dog-like Pokémon and Feline is with only cat-like Pokémon but with the same rules used.)​

You must nickname your Pokémon like you would name your pet.​

Extra Rules:

Diet Rule: Your Pokémon may not use food-items, instead, only Potion items are allowed.
Playfull rule: Teach all your Pokémon a Scratch-like move, if they can of course. (Only level-up moves.)​

Spoiler:

PRIMATE

You may only choose Pokémon based on real-life monkeys (Chimps, Babboons etc.)​

General Rules:

All of your Pokémon must know at least 1 Dark-type move.​

Extra Rules:​

Alpha Rule: You must have a male Pokémon leading your team, this one is the only one who may hold items and must be at least +2 levels above the rest.​

Spoiler:

SIGN-UP FORM
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

CHALLENGERS
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

CHAMPIONS
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Remember; Only pick Pokémon that are clearly based on the class you chose.If you have any questions, VM, PM or ask in this thread.​

Good Luck!​

Last edited:

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
Years
This actually looks very interesting! Lool but I'm not surprised no one has replied because most challenges are mainly for competitiveness and difficulty if you know what I mean. Like the most hyped challenges are the Nuzlocke challenge and Monotype. With this challenge you can still make any type of team you want without too much difficulty being added to the game.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Looks like a good challenge! If I where to sign up for this challenge and use fish, would I actually be able to evolve any of the Pokemon I pick?

As long as the Pokemon is based on a fish. i.e. You can't evolve Magikarp because Gyarados is not based on a fish. If you were to evolve Barboach into Whiscash, you may use it because Whiscash is based on a fish.
Good luck btw!

Years
As long as the Pokemon is based on a fish. i.e. You can't evolve Magikarp because Gyarados is not based on a fish. If you were to evolve Barboach into Whiscash, you may use it because Whiscash is based on a fish.
Good luck btw!

The main one I was concerned about was Gabite. Thanks for clearing that up though!

Name: Slaying Moon
Game: Volt White 2
Class: Fish
Extra Rules (optional): Aquatic Rule

Back