• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Normal Starter

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
who is your favorite normal starter and why? sorry i forgot to add a poll. is it rattata,sentret,zigzagoon,bidoof or patrat?
votes:
Rattata:2 vote(s)
Sentret:4 vote(s)
Zigzagoon:5 vote(s)
Bidoof:1 vote(s)
Patrat:1 votes(s)

Rattata's Voters:
Rodriguezjames55,Mentalii

Sentret's Voters:
NixChill,Snowdrop,pleryt16,Winter's Dew

Zigzagoon's Voters:
TheLeetCasualGamer,Patchisou Yutohru,LightningAlex,Winter's Dew,XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Bidoof's Voters:
XanderO

Patrat's Voters:
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Sentret because Furret is adorable. I think I had one named Vanilla or something a while back on my SoulSilver run.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
SENTRET! I love Furret. Rattata is close behind, because in my normal monoype of normal on Pokemon Red, it proved its usefulness.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Zigzagoon It's a raccoon, then it's a ferret with a cute long nose.

No offense to the furret fans, but the anatomy just kind of bothers me with that thing. :/ Just me though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
[SIZE="a"]Zigzagoon has the most interesting and creative design.[/SIZE]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I'll say Zigzagoon, too. It's cute, and Linoone is actually a really good Pokemon for battles!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I used a Bidoof and ended up destroying almost all the gyms with it alone when I did a Water Run. XD

So Bidoof.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Zigzagoon and Sentret both get my vote, can't really pick and choose between the two. D:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I hated Bidoof and Patrat, so they're immediately out. So's Zigzagoon.

I think in the end I'll have to go with Sentret! As much as I love Rattata and Raticate, Sentret is that much cuter. All of them are pretty useless though :P

Sirfetch’d

Easily Zigzagoon. In Ruby I would catch 5 and battle over and over on the first routes and pick up a ton of nuggets and rare candies. lol

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
All these Pokemon are useless unless your using them for an HM slave. I've used Sentret before and I underestimated it.

Years
I'd go with Zigzagoon, cos it's the first Normal-type I ever trained.

And I have to admit mine turned out to be a good HM Slave in the end.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Sentret all the way :3! It's so adorable and how it stands up on it's long furry tail has always made me smile. The cheery looking personality it has also was one aspect of it I like. He can't only be a HM Slave, he actually served me well when I started playing SS a while back.

The others all look a bit ugly to me,especially Bidoof. Plump cheeks with ugly buck teeth? Ergh...not my thing to be honest D:. Rattata was alright but I still don't have much love for it along with Patrat. Those gleaming red eyes always kind of freaked me out.

Years
While I don't think that I actually have a favorite of these 5, I did find Bidoof (later Bibarel) to be the most integral to my team- even if it was just as an HM slave. One thing that always struck me as odd though was that 3/5 of them are able to learn Surf, when they look like they shouldn't be able to (besides maybe Bibarel).

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Sentret has always been my favorite outta the normal starters. It's so cute. It tail reminds me of Racoon Mario; prolly cuz they look exactly the same. And once it evolves into Furret...I was like, damn...it's actually cuter than it pre-evolutionary stage. :D Sentret has always had mah respect. I even used one in HGSS.

The Sentret-Line isn't the strongest outta the 5, but that's okay...I never EVAR used a Furret as a HM slave.

I'm looking at you Bibarel. Remember how I made you do EVERYTHING in the Sinnoh Victory Road?! Wore yo ass OUT! LOL

Back