• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Why do you love Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
So I was just wondering, why do you love the Pokemon? I love it because of the strategy, the collecting, all of the awesome designs for the Pokemon, the nostalgia of the old Pokemon, the discovery of the new Pokemon, the fun of battling and creating a team, I love it all. What about you guys?

Years
Well, as a youngster with an easy controllable mind, at that time quite anything could enter my mind, like the animation series, that is how i came to knew pokémon. Obviously, after seeing the cartoon, i went all mad and like many boys of that age i just wanted a pokémon game and live the adventures, and that's how i got my first game, pokémon blue.
Growing up, i left many stuff of my childhood, since they were stupid, made awful that only a kid can like, and other reasons. Pokémon instead, even if the animated series started to become even more stupid to my eyes, the game kept entertaining me. I find that it's practically a genius concept of game: if you like fantasy creatures or adventures the storyline will sure catch you. If you're a role player and strategist gamer like me, the selection of the 4 moves a pokémon could have, trying to obtain the best combination, and making a team with what the game can offer is quite a challenge. And the pokédex is only and excuse to insert the collecting part, so those who like collecting stuff can love to do, it's even some sort of final challenge since it's quite difficult to do.
I still like pokémon, the games at least, for the great idea they made in a game. And even if i criticize it and tell with no problems what are stupid pokémon or bad ideas added in always new game, i still find it good, lovable, entertaining. Except pokémon blue on my gameboy color, that i continue playing with attachment, i prefer the hacks actually nowdays xD

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I feel like I just responded in a topic similar to this. I feel like years ago, I could tell you why I love Pokemon. Today, I'm not so sure. It has a lot to do with the fans input and it being a part of culture. The only thing I buy are 4komas or cute and silly imported Pokemon mangas, and that's mostly because the Pokemon are really humorous and full of life in those. It's like PMD but more interesting and way less serious.

I like to read/see other people's interpretations of Pokemon, as well. I also can't stop drawing them. Well, I can't stop drawing some of them, anyway. Okay, I can't stop drawing a handful of them. <_<

Years
When I first got into the series, it was the anime and the cards that really got me excited, and it stayed that way for many years. Now, I really only play the games, but love how they are simple yet complex at the same time. I also think that communities like this one keep me coming back for more, as there are many other games I like playing, but they don't promote quite as much discussion as Pokemon seems to.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
It started when I found out about Pokemon, watched some anime, then played the games, and got some cards, etc. Don't make me tell you all the reasons, or I'll rant forever xD

SLITCX

Spontaneous Water Lover
Years
The first episode of Pokemon really appealed to me when I was a kid. Then I started urging my parents to buy me Pokemon cards and the art on those cards were just so amazing. I don't really collect or buy cards anymore though. I do want to start a collection again but my girlfriend won't let me. And blah blah -- the first sentence is actually how my love for Pokemon began, the rest is just gibberish..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Pokémon because of the diversity of the creatures, the show and the competitive aspect they bring.

Years
What I love about Pokemon?

The fact it's a popular franchise, with appealing characters, diversity, the competitive spectrum, and all those adaptations it spawned like the manga and anime.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love the concept of Pokemon; more-so as a youngster, but still now, in my teens I still adore the franchise. What really makes me love Pokemon is the concept of training, battling, collecting badges and being the best. I wasn't really into 'omg bond between pokemon, let's love and squeeeeze them djgifmgfke! <3!!!11". I was more in love with capturing and battling with some pre' cool monsters.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
Because they accept me as I am;
They are my only friends xD

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I love the collecting monsters aspect of this game. I've been playing since Red/Blue, so it holds a sentimental value as well.

droomph

weeb
Years
I just love it, because it's the one thing in my life that stays what it seems to be, and unveiling something new is always a life lesson for me xP

Honestly, the biggest reason of all is that I loooooove Grovyle. And all of the other ones. Cute, badass, epic…they've got it all! It's like a world I can retreat to when life is too hard. It's my booze, it's my cutting, it's pretty much the reason I'm still sane! It's pretty much my parents, the people I can talk to and keep secrets with…it's my life, pretty much! And the whole fandom, the other fans, I appreciate them too! Not to nerdy, not to evil and immature…just right.

But most of all, they manage to keep the perfect balance between "y'all's are gettin' older" and "HEY KIDS WELCOME ABOARD."

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
It just combines many of the things I like in games.

There are RPG elements, sandbox elements, strategy elements, combat elements - everything I like in games. A lot of it though is the strategy - I think that's what sets Pokemon apart from so many other games. When you really get into it, there's so much satisfying complexity in the games. The interactions of the types, the complexity of physical or special attacks and physical or special defenses, the extra layers of strategy in status moves, all of it limited by four moves per pokemon and six pokemon per team. And even beyond that, there's the simple aesthetic appeal of pokemon who are sinister and pokemon who are cute and pokemon who are brutal and pokemon who are soft and....

Whistler

Questioner
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Pokemon is my childhood, and in my childhood all the times were happy...

...Depression sucks. :/

Years
I love Pokemon because of the story (in the anime), and because I can be a part of the story (in the games). The short answer: Pokemon are simply amazing (at all)!

Back