• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
No one is going to do that. That's suicide. Also, I've never heard of that. Does that really happen?
Yeah, working BW and BW2 roms are patched to allow EXP gain. There are unpatched roms available if you know where to look. It would be a major challenge though, since most of the Pokemon you find in Victory Road aren't very strong. The legendaries would give you a good shot, though, unless you are doing a Nuzlocke lol. As for Postgame, you could use Volcarona since it has Quiver Dance. Rare Candies could theroretically be used in certain situations too.

Not that I would want to do this though...the early gyms would be murder for the most part. Thank God for infinite TMs though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
On the YouTube Channel "Marriland", he did a Wedlocke Challenge which I believe he created himself. It is like a spin-off of the Nuzlocke Challenge with a few additional rules. He has an instruction video about what the rules and optional rules are, and throughout his playthrough he explains any questions that needed to be answered, like what to do with eggs, breeding etc. I highly suggest this challenge. I, myself, have started doing one on my Soul Silver game and have a Cyndaquil, Pidgey, Spearow & Weedle. I haven't reached the first gym, but have trained for what seems like an eternity. VERY EMOTIONAL STUFF, MATE!!!!!

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
We had a thread for Wedlocke starting when Marriland was about 5-7 episodes in his challenge, but it never really picked up the wind here. No one finished and the one who made the thread hasn't been online in awhile (I think). It's a good as a challenge idea, but it's hard to keep up if no one is actually playing and telling what is going on in the games. That's part of why I think the Nuzlockes stay alive.

I've watched all of the episodes around 6 times, since I like to have it on as the background noise while I play my own games. Same with his Emerald Nuzlocke. I find myself more focused in the games like so because otherwise I'll just end up pausing for dinner and then never remembering to continue.
I had a phase where I had left my DSLite on and just closed the lid. I had been playing Diamond, just regularly, at 2009. At some point during 2011 I was wondering why my DS was blinking the battery light even though it was on the charger so I opened it and was encountered with "what the hell?" because I was in mid-battle with someone at the Survival Area... yes, I used to leave my DS on the charger for ages.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think I'll put making a new challenge on hold for the moment. My ideas are not flowing quite the way I want them to. Better to let it come to me naturally than to force it. In the meantime, the Champion Challenge has gone a whole month without any posts, so I officially drop my Diamond run with Cynthia's Pokemon in favor of something less annoying. What that may be, I'm still not sure.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, Myrrhman, you should make some kind of sig to promote the whole P3 thing.
I might do that in a bit.
I'd watch the crap out of your stream... Once Trozei rolls around...
Just played it for the first time this afternoon. I feel like I got pretty far. I really don't think its going to be as hard as Pinball. At least this game has a lot of levels for you to play, to get like Mew in pinball you have to beat it one time straight through.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I've never tried any challenges at all in my Pokémon career. I suppose I should because the games are fairly easy playing normally. Anyone recommend any good ones for a newbie? :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Monotype is a good starting place if you want something straight forward. Favorites and The Ones That Got Away are really laid back. Random is also along those lines, but you're more likely to wind up with a terrible team. Nuzlocke is good if you like crying.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I must congratulate you on catching Mew in Pinball. I was neve able to do that.

I don't have Mew yet... I'm just sayin. You have to do it all at once, where as in Trozei you can break it up.

Edit: Just beat the storyline of Trozei. Just took 2 streams. Now to get all those hard to get Pokemon.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ok so a new old challenger arrived. I've been bored lately so I'm going to do some challenges now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back