• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Neon

Status
Not open for further replies.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Pokémon Neon [ALPHA 1 RELEASED]

:t385:POKéMON NEON:t385:

Alpha 1 Released!

Hello everyone! I am proud to present my first Fire Red hack!

Untitled-1.png

STORY
Spoiler:

FEATURES
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

PROGRESS
Spoiler:

BUGS
Spoiler:

BANNERS
Spoiler:

CREDITS
Spoiler:

CLOSING
Spoiler:

ENJOY!

Last edited:

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
this hack looks like it could be ok so i 'll give you some tips

instead of having ... which makes big dots you can do [.]
which will make it small 3 dots.

thanks, ill try to incorporate that. please keep in mind that this is my fist hack, also, i will be doing graphical enhancements during development. Im trying to make the game very engaging and fun to play (not noobish) so stay tuned untill the alpha 1 release! (story picks up shortly after alpha 1)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
This is actually pretty decent for a first time hack. :3
care to elaborate on the "Darkness Pokémon"?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
This looks good and all, but why the heck are there 9 starters. o.o
Anyways, the combined PC and mart doesn't really look good. And the map on the 11th screenshot is a bit bare. Good luck! (b'-')b

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
This is actually pretty decent for a first time hack. :3
care to elaborate on the "Darkness Pokémon"?

the darkness pokemon are twisted versions of their real forms (basically just editied versions of their shiny sprites) certain events use them by just calling an asm command, ill add this info to the thread next time i update it (alpha 1 coming in a few days!)

Sounds like a good game to play... :3

Care to describe your "Darkness" Pokemon?

And well... describe what's gonna happen more... ((Just my opinion...... TT^TT))

read my reply to chrunch for info on darkness pokemon, and the "more" is basically things like graphical improvements, new items, new sprites, and more new pokemon

This looks good and all, but why the heck are there 9 starters. o.o
Anyways, the combined PC and mart doesn't really look good. And the map on the 11th screenshot is a bit bare. Good luck! (b'-')b

The 9 starters are the 3 from each region of the first 3 generations. Also what are you're issues with the combined PC mart because I would be glad to fix them. Also, I will add some rocks or bushes on the 11th screen because I do agree that it is a bit barren. Thanks for the advice, I always welcome constructive criticism because I joined this website so I could get better at rom hacking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I do understand this is your first ROM Hack that you've made, however I do actually recommend that you should insert a different tileset, so that way... it won't look so much like Pokémon FireRed. :P

Over all, I'd say the name of this hack sounds pretty interesting, and it's nice to see that you've got a title screen inserted. But yeah... it really does need a different tileset, that way... it won't make the ROM Hack look very generic. ;)

Oh yeah, and also... hasn't there been a ROM Hack called Pokémon Neon before?

Anyways, good luck on your ROM Hack! (b'-')

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Hm... I do understand this is your first ROM Hack that you've made, however I do actually recommend that you should insert a different tileset, so that way... it won't look so much like Pokémon FireRed. :P

Over all, I'd say the name of this hack sounds pretty interesting, and it's nice to see that you've got a title screen inserted. But yeah... it really does need a different tileset, that way... it won't make the ROM Hack look very generic. ;)

Oh yeah, and also... hasn't there been a ROM Hack called Pokémon Neon before?

Anyways, good luck on your ROM Hack! (b'-')

I am planning on inserting a different tileset, but I need someone to help create the tileset. (I'm pretty bad at designing them) If I can't find someone to help, I'll probably insert some tiles from other DS Pokémon games. Also, if there is a hack game called Neon already, I haven't heard of it (I looked through the threads since I wanted an original name) but, oh well, everything else is going to be original. Thanks for the advice!

Years
Triple Post merged.

2RandomStudios, please don't post consecutively unless you have significant updates on the hack. Try to make use of the Multi-Quote function, when replying to multiple people.

Starmine

» Keep it simple
Years
Looks ok so far. Maybe its just me but the story is a bit short and so nintendo like, you could try to improve this. Oh and.. the mixed pokecenter/market looks a bit.. weird. Anyway, I'll try the upcoming beta, keep it up dude.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Looks ok so far. Maybe its just me but the story is a bit short and so nintendo like, you could try to improve this. Oh and.. the mixed pokecenter/market looks a bit.. weird. Anyway, I'll try the upcoming beta, keep it up dude.

haha, ya..... the story description doesnt do a very good job describing the full breath of what it will be like, the upcoming alpha 1 release will just be an introduction into the story as well (only 2 towns are complete at this point) also, what can i do to make the combined pc/mart look better? im open to suggestion :D

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
6,8,11 (Screens) I dont really like
6-Straight
8-Not sure
11-Baren, and shold try something else..

This is a pretty good hack, and I wish you luck sinces its #1 :P

And the pc/mart. Try purple? Red+Blue=Purple :D
Also you can just a have a one door building (still purple) sign: I guess "pm"?
And you can still map both of them in one. Juist bc its too. dosent mean you have to do 2 doors o.o

Starmine

» Keep it simple
Years
haha, ya..... the story description doesnt do a very good job describing the full breath of what it will be like, the upcoming alpha 1 release will just be an introduction into the story as well (only 2 towns are complete at this point) also, what can i do to make the combined pc/mart look better? im open to suggestion :D
Well I dont know, that mixed up building just looks so wrong for me. You could try to get a new building if you'd like to use center and mart in one house. Or try another colour like countryemo said, maybe purple or even yellow? Just be creative.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Well I dont know, that mixed up building just looks so wrong for me. You could try to get a new building if you'd like to use center and mart in one house. Or try another colour like countryemo said, maybe purple or even yellow? Just be creative.

already done! im putting up new screenshots 6, 8, 9, 10, and 11. i hope i fixed everyones issues! (alpha 1 coming later today!)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
The hack looks OK IMO. Although a few more screenshots showing various other features, such as the IV Pokemon in play would have been good :D

Anyway, I wish you good luck with this hack and I look very forward to playing it.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
The hack looks OK IMO. Although a few more screenshots showing various other features, such as the IV Pokemon in play would have been good :D

Anyway, I wish you good luck with this hack and I look very forward to playing it.

I will put up screens of the gen IV Pokemon once the become catchable in the release. At the moment, the wild Pokemon catchable haven't been changed, but that will be fixed once I find out what Pokemon people would like to have in the first routes. Enjoy Alpha 1!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Well, I played the alpha and it was actually pretty good, but I've got a suggestion:
Instead of using shiny sprites for darkness pokemon, you should probably replace other sprites. It'll give you more freedom in editing darkness pokemon, you could add different moves, or stats, to make them harder. also, what would happen if you accidentally ran into a wild shiny pokemon? :/

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
Well, I played the alpha and it was actually pretty good, but I've got a suggestion:
Instead of using shiny sprites for darkness pokemon, you should probably replace other sprites. It'll give you more freedom in editing darkness pokemon, you could add different moves, or stats, to make them harder. also, what would happen if you accidentally ran into a wild shiny pokemon? :/

I like your suggestion, the problem is that i have to replace a pokemon for each darkness pokemon, ill probably do that for the legendaries but i just dont want to replace too many pokemon; most likely, ill just replace some of the more worthless gen II and III pokemon and keep the good ones. This is also because im inserting around 30 gen IV pokemon and i dont want to run out of space. Also, if you accidentally run into a wild shiny (haha i wish) its explained by the fact that the world is being corrupted by darkness pokemon, i have an asm routine that i will have randomly execute on some routes to cause darkness battles (to go along with the storyline). if i can find a way to use the 25 free slots for the darkness pokemon while retaining their pokedex entries, i will

Thanks for the feedback!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
POLL

Should the Poképorium be Purple or Teal?​

Purple
PokemonNeonPoll1.png

Teal
PokemonNeonPoll2.png

Please respond by quoting this message!​
Purple,to me, it's better looking and it is a color combined by red
-pokecenter's color- and blue -pokemarts color- and since the pokecenter and mart are combined like in b/w it's a good choice for purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back