• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Name: Craig Hayuro

Pokémon to Become: Sableye

Appearance/Description: Craig stands at about five feet tall and is thinner than normal. His long hair is a dark shade of hazelnut brown and reaches his neck. His skin tone is an unusually pale white. His face is relatively clean, has only has one or two spots and has no freckles. His eyes are a faint blue with a tint of grey and his hair sometimes covers them. His nose is flat and straight. His ears are small and hide behind his hair. Craig believes it's more of his father's looks than his mother's.
He commonly wears a plain crimson shirt with short sleeves, a navy blue jacket over it, light grey thick jeans with no pockets and plain white sneakers with laces. He enjoys wearing dark sunglasses, but only when he needs them. He also wears black gloves. He has his right ear studded with a small silver trinket. He says he doesn't mind what he is wearing, but he is actully quite insecure about his appearance.

Personality: Craig is the quiet type. He isn't much for conversation, believing there is a difference between being lonely and being alone. Therefore, he has very few friends. Craig is a great thinker and often questions life, plans inventions and outsmarts opponents. However, while certainly not gullible, he is sometimes overly curious and has a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Craig thinks tactically and can spot a problem easily. He is quick to judge people on their appearance, believing people will do the same as him. Craig enjoys reading and writing (he keeps a journal in his room). Craig is easily annoyed by other people and firmly believes ignorance is not bliss. Craig is witty and smart; while he talks rarely, he can argue and banter for hours. If provoked, Craig will defend himself, but with a lack of fighting experience, he will rely on intimidation and mind tricks more than actual fighting. To conclude, Craig is the cold, calculating type that people tend to avoid.

History: Craig was born in Blackthorn City on November 19th. As he grew up, people noticed he was rather smart for his age, learning to read surprisingly fast. However, people were also worried about the fact that he didn't socialize much with other children. When Craig was six, his family moved to Mahogany City and Craig would spend time by the lake by himself, simply thinking, reading or writing. As he continued growing up, this pattern continued as he excelled at his schoolwork, yet was one of the least popular kids. Sure enough, the present day is still the same.

Love: Single and not interested in the slightest.

Other: Craig has had no experience with raising or battling Pokemon.

RP Sample:

Drip. Drip. Drip.
Crimson blood seeped from the gaping chest wound of her father's limp body. She couldn't move or speak or think. There was nothing in the world but the heavy stench of death and the sound of her rasping breath. The walls of the room, blank and white with no furniture, seemed to close in on her. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't. The body was draped in a long white lab coat, now splattered with dark red. A second man stood above the corpse. He was dressed in nothing but blue, a bold white 'A' leaping from his shirt. The girl couldn't bring herself to look at his face. Time stood still. Everything stopped but the blood.
Drip. Drip. Drip.

The girl woke up in a frantic, cold sweat. She could feel his heart pounding against her chest, as if trying to escape before it burst. She blinked once, then again, forcing herself to calm down. Her bedroom was still the same; lime green walls scattered with posters of Pokemon, thin blue carpet with the coffee stain in the corner by the oak wardrobe. Silver moonlight sifted through her faint lilac curtains and it danced across her floor as clouds floating in front of the view. It took a full minute to calm herself down, the dream feeling so very real. As she tried to return to her sleep, a dark thought sent chills down her spine.
Was it a dream? Or was it a premonition of the future?

The person I just qouted has been accepted. His sign-up is up for all to see.

EDIT: Oh wow, my "double post" autimatically merged. Anyway:

I hope my description in my most recent post isn't too bad for everyone. I mean, I don't want to have to draw a picture of the place (especially since we'll be getting to even more weird places that are hard to imagine without images to fully grasp XD).

Last edited:

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
Years
*Sigh*

Well, I wasn't able to post on time today again. It took a while to get home. It would probably be easier for me to not follow all the people apparently involved in the main plot thing or something for now... I just can't get myself to think that fast, or even make my posts shorter at the moment, which sucks. Don't know why it's hard.

Despite my annoying complaining or whatever this is, I am not giving up that easily. I put too much thought in the character, and I don't want it to go to waste. I do hope I'll know what I can do soon. Sorry.

Last edited:

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
Hmm just something I notice. Maybe it was a bad idea for me to pick a pokemon that happens to have two blades. Still I hope it is ok I dull down the blades a bit on my little pokemon for this moment.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
So how long can we prolong our transformation to full pokemon? You said you don't want any of us to become a pokemon within the first week in RP time in the RP. Still it seems like you hinted that you want us to start transforming now after the second day in RP time in the RP. If we wanted to, can we take like half a year to become full pokemon if we wanted to or is that a bit of a strech? I mean you did say we can go at this transformation thing on our own pace. I just want to make sure though.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I think he meant that after a week, you should be fully transformed, but not before that. I don't think we can RP six months without a few people dropping out from boredom.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
Well I was using six months as an example and I was asking in RP time. I mean seeing like this is the second day in the RP itself. Still yeah, six months is a bit too much. More like eight or so weeks or less would be a better question or something.

Years
When I planned the first one, I originally had it so four months would pass until everyone in the RP was a full Pokemon. In the revival, I've gotten rid of that and allowed everyone the liberty of when they want to become full Pokemon. I'm not stopping you from becoming a full Pokemon within the week's stretch, but it would be nice if you didn't for the sake of Chapter 2. By chapter three, a week will have passed since the events of the new years. By then, you could all be full Pokemon or still slowly changing.

As for my character, I will be holding his full transformation until after three weeks, so at the start of chapter 3, he will probably be looking a little more anthropomorphic than human. Later on in chapter 2, I will introduce non-important characters that are either halfway transformed or nearly full, and that will hopefully be a lot of fun as I create a news report for it that our characters will watch and most likely be awed by.

To answer your question, you can transform fully within six months or half of that or a little after the week limit I've set, or during the week limit I set.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
Ok. I just want to make sure. I do want to prolong it but I just want to know like the limit of it and such. Also now I know the chapters will help us keep track of time I guess.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
D: I'm sorry I haven't posted, things are really hectic with the last week of classes, and now exam week. I'll try to fit a post in this week while I'm avoiding studying.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
I was beginning to worry about you. I understand. I think we are both going thoguh the same thing. Finals, junk and avoiding studying. Just try to post something. haha

Years
D: I'm sorry I haven't posted, things are really hectic with the last week of classes, and now exam week. I'll try to fit a post in this week while I'm avoiding studying.

Same over here for me. I'm busy this week because of all the standardized state issued tests! Ah well, if not tonight I get to forward the plot (and give Nerevarine a chance to respond to my character), then for sure tomorrow. >_<

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2015
Ok... its been almost a month since people posted in this... is everyone still here? Or did you guys just lose interest in this? I was hoping for my guy to at least become a little more pokemon-like before this thing died out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back