• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tile Inserting, The Easy Way!

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
Uhm, is it possible to edit the animations caused by grass tile and such if I was following this tutorial, 'cause I wanna make a complete edit of all the tiles in FireRed, and I don't know how to edit the animations caused by grass, or the footprints...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Uhm, is it possible to edit the animations caused by grass tile and such if I was following this tutorial, 'cause I wanna make a complete edit of all the tiles in FireRed, and I don't know how to edit the animations caused by grass, or the footprints...

Not a part of Tile Inserting. There is a tutorial somewhere about changing Animations, so try searching "Grass Animations". The theory is simple, the only hard bit is searching for the grass in Tile Molester.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years

Not a part of Tile Inserting. There is a tutorial somewhere about changing Animations, so try searching "Grass Animations". The theory is simple, the only hard bit is searching for the grass in Tile Molester.
Ok. Thank you. But I have a new problem. Sorry. My problem this time is that when I go to edit a tileset, I save the original one as a .dib, or .png, or .bmp, but Paint won't open any of them. It says the file is not a valid bitmap file or something... Any help:?

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
I'm having trouble with inserting the Image in the attachment.
I just ends up looking odd when I try and change the colours.

Some tips please :D

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    1.3 KB · Views: 224

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Thanks :D one question though how do you change the house's outline to the grass

That would be block editing, you would have to click on puzzle piece and got to your block. have grass in the first box as that will be the background of the tile then input your tile for your hose and save. Don't forget to reload blocks.

I'm having trouble with inserting the Image in the attachment.
I just ends up looking odd when I try and change the colours.

Some tips please :D

You must've gotten your palette wrong. Did you replace the tiles colour? Did you do step 8-14 for each of your colours?

One question, when I load the tile into the rom, it's on there but when I load the rom, the tiles go out of whack, and stuff. How to fix this?

Are the tiles animating without your doing? If so then you have put your tile over an animation tile. Mostly these tiles look like they are blank, but they contain important animation data. Replacing these tiles wont screw up your game and make you start over, but it does mean you need to move your tiles to a different location in the tileset. (if you just plopped the tile at the very bottom of the page, then move it up 8 pixels (size of each tile)

Hey: if I -accidently- screw up the tile set, is there an ips or dib/bmp file or something to get the original back?

Get a clean ROM of the one you are working on and go to the tileset you were editing. Export that tileset in a palette of your choice. Then import back into your working ROM and you should be fine. (as long as the palettes are the same)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
what happens? do they turn a green color? If so, thats because it is not in the right pallette

I got the same problem, i want to import some grass tile's but they turn grey/green.
if i recolor them they arent grasspatches anymore?
what to do?
Has annybody got a complete tileset that i can import?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
I got the tile inserted, but it's huge! and I can't place it anywhere.. so what do I do?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
What do you mean you can't place it anywhere? If you mean you can't place it for use in Advance Map, go to "Blocks" - "Change amount" to change the amount of tiles you can use in Advance Map.

But be specific if you have any questions.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
Sorry ^^; I meant I couldn't fit the tile onto the rom so I could place it onto the map. It also seems that I already have the btyes set to where I'm using the max amount.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
I was using this tutorial, but when I clicked on my new tileset to load, this message appeared on my screen:

errorrg.png

What did I do wrong?

~BLAZE

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
I already knew that Eraser thing ... but thank you.... :D

You need to do it again .....

Save the tileset x (1 or 2)

You must have the Tilestet0 and the tileset0.pal

and edit it in paint...

and load it again just like the Tutorial