• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Just thought I'd throw this out there, memento seems to kill any Weezing that uses it. I've yet to use it myself on any pokemon. They die, I get xp as if they 'sploded. <--- this was cleared up by Cyclone there, my mistake I wasn't aware there was such a move out there.

I thought I'd also note down after finishing the events of the post post game, the legendary birds were in their respective spot. Bit late for a couple of 45s but hey, I'm not complaining they're there in the end. Really enjoyed that chain of events, good work there guys!

Actually, coming to it now, Zapdos isn't in the power plant beneath the rock tunnel. I've checked every inch of that place, no shiny yellow bird so that's a bugger. Apparently Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Celebi, Mewtwo and Mew haven't been implemented yet either? Not complaining I'd just like someone to confirm if that's possible.

Enjoyed the hack immensely, looking forward to future versions!

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just thought I'd throw this out there, memento seems to kill any Weezing that uses it. I've yet to use it myself on any pokemon. They die, I get xp as if they 'sploded.
And this is news how...?

"Memento causes the user to faint and in return lowers the Attack and Special Attack stat of the target by two stages each."

In other words, yes, using Memento WILL cause you to faint.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Oh Jesus the move is meant to do that. How bloody pointless. Makes sense with the name, cheers for clearing that up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
Can you get female starters in the game because I been resetting the game after I get my first pokemon from Prof Elm to get on and I'm been doing that for hole day

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can you get female starters in the game because I been resetting the game after I get my first pokemon from Prof Elm to get on and I'm been doing that for hole day
Do you select the male or female player? That could have something to do with it, mayhaps.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Cyclone: No, gender of MC doesn't make any difference =)
As for the female starters. Yes, of course it's possible, but starters have 87.5 x 12.5 between male and female. So you "only" have 12.5% chance that your starter will be a female. It requires some serious SRing =D

Years
Yeah MyBoy Emulator can auto ips patch so if you have the ips and gba files with the same name in the same folder you can play this hack but id rather patch the rom with lunar ips and play with gameboid myboy is still a new emu and it got bugs
I thought MeBoy is for GBC hacks or ROMs only. Its VBA that runs both of the GBC hacks as well as GBA

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
"MeBoy is a Gameboy + Gameboy Color emulator for mobile phones."

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are not on its game compatibility list, either. They are GBA games.

Cyclone

Years
I hope my question hasn't been answered recently. If it has, I apologize, I didn't have the courage to read more than the three previous pages.

So I played Beta 3.1. entirely (finished the first Orange Island). Then I heard about the whole Beta 3.2. thing and didn't feel like starting the whole game again.

Now I'd like to play LC again, but first I'd like to know where the game currently ends. Is the second island included in the latest version or does it still end after the first one?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Yes you can. :) I've reset my game 3x and got a female Chikorita. Then later found out that in the manga Crys' Mega is a boy > < Anyways I like female pokemon so I'll stick with this one~ :3

I'm so excited to play because CRYSTAL was my first pokemon version ever. I played it when I was 14. I'm 23 now, and still gonna play~ :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Second island is, second gym not, though.

Managed to pass through into the southern cave entrance. The whole lack of xp for this long when fighting people who have a bunch of level 80s is getting pretty tedious also. Other than that, enjoying the crystal onix line. There are a couple of people who say 'sorry, you can't pass' but I've no clue how to get rid of them, I assume they're blocking points that are under construction.

A few of the signs on the second island have the 'standard sign message' btw, such as one of the signs inside the crystal shop

Also, fishing around the second island results in LVL 0 '?' pokemon.

The ice pokemon puzzle is not registering Spheal as an ice pokemon

Lastly, when attempting to enter the Nexus laboratory, it spits me right back out onto route 55 again, via the entrance of the laboratory. Is this the end of the beta or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Years
Yeah if you try to go somewhere and you end up in the same place it means the area aint finished yet.
Btw will there be a crystal onix in the game a snorlax in 1 of the islands and a orange league championship?
And how can we check the rest of our badges earned in kanto im still in johto so im just asking

Last edited:

SamuraiKingdra

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 21, 2022
I reached Sunburst Island and I noticed something Interesting:
(SPOILER)--> The NEXUS Grunts suddenly have pokemon equal to mine (In Levels) (70-75)
And I get no exp! Oh boy, I am doomed....

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah if you try to go somewhere and you end up in the same place it means the area aint finished yet.
Btw will there be a crystal onix in the game a snorlax in 1 of the islands and a orange league?
And how can we check the rest of our badges earned in kanto im still in johto so im just asking
Random question. Why not block the way with a script or something before releasing it? For instance, put construction barrier tiles in place, or put an NPC with the same script along the entire line saying "You can't go here yet!" or something or other. Or just put in a rock wall (in the water) or modify the map to show a line of trees (land) or something matching the area in question on a copy of the game (not the official working copy) and release that one? Better than leaving people wondering about buggy areas that are incomplete. :)

Cyclone

Years
Random question. Why not block the way with a script or something before releasing it? For instance, put construction barrier tiles in place, or put an NPC with the same script along the entire line saying "You can't go here yet!" or something or other. Or just put in a rock wall (in the water) or modify the map to show a line of trees (land) or something matching the area in question on a copy of the game (not the official working copy) and release that one? Better than leaving people wondering about buggy areas that are incomplete. :)

Cyclone

Well they told what i said here many times but what you said is good and maybe they will do it in the next betas when linknzelda starts working again

Back