• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Oh, okay. Well, If I really did like Ultimate End- which I did- then if it's that much better, I might consider it. It's just annoying to me to not be able to continue ;)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Oh, okay. Well, If I really did like Ultimate End- which I did- then if it's that much better, I might consider it. It's just annoying to me to not be able to continue ;)
I know that feeling, I don't play most other hacks either unless they're either completed or canceled at that certain moment. But go for beta 4, you won't miss anything if you do!

If you are willing to change the palettes, I say go with Palette 04. As for the player: I always thought Cactus should be green, I am wondering if anyone else agrees.
I don't know... I have always pictured him being orange as that one just feels so more natural (to me at least).

By the way, jwibagi here has been testing a version that could be called "pre-beta 4". I've gotten a lot of feedback from him and looks like he has also been able to "put some sticks in the wheels" (can't tell if this means anything either, it's just a rough translation to english of a sentence used in my country). So in other words, it looks like I'll be having more work to do than I thought to finish beta 4. I really like finishing everything once and for all, not having to re-do the same parts over and over again for further versions.
Beta 4 may not come out this Spring like I had intended but I'll let you guys know more about it when I get more work done :)

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
Wow, you know, I was genuinly, and happily, surprised by your work here. This is a rare case when I'm heavily applauding a fan-game's art, sound, and overall design.
You can tell just by playing this that it had a lot of work put into it. Unlike other fan-games I see, you can't rely on silly, and flashy graphics to support your game, because it'll stick out terribly. I thoroughly enjoyed your work on this, and hope to see more on this project. Also, I've never said this about a Pokemon fan-game, since I'm such a critical person. I can't find a flaw with this game just by playing it, and sometimes, often times actually, I can, so when I say I love this, I kinda mean it xD
Well, have fun finishing that next release, and hope it impresses me as much as this release did. You just got yourself a fan, miksy91 ;3

miksy91

Years
Wow, you know, I was genuinly, and happily, surprised by your work here. This is a rare case when I'm heavily applauding a fan-game's art, sound, and overall design.
You can tell just by playing this that it had a lot of work put into it. Unlike other fan-games I see, you can't rely on silly, and flashy graphics to support your game, because it'll stick out terribly. I thoroughly enjoyed your work on this, and hope to see more on this project. Also, I've never said this about a Pokemon fan-game, since I'm such a critical person. I can't find a flaw with this game just by playing it, and sometimes, often times actually, I can, so when I say I love this, I kinda mean it xD
Well, have fun finishing that next release, and hope it impresses me as much as this release did. You just got yourself a fan, miksy91 ;3
Thanks a lot Gmack! :)
Personally, I have seen quite many things required corrections with it but like you said, the overall result of beta 3 was already really good.

Beta 4 should impress you even more (well, maybe not anymore as you've seen this already but still, things will starting to get more interesting), not going to let you down on that statement ;)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Thanks a lot Gmack! :)
Personally, I have seen quite many things required corrections with it but like you said, the overall result of beta 3 was already really good.

Beta 4 should impress you even more (well, maybe not anymore as you've seen this already but still, things will starting to get more interesting), not going to let you down on that statement ;)
I Haven't played since the first beta, I'll be waiting for beta 4 I guess and I'll be impressed.

miksy91

Years
I Haven't played since the first beta, I'll be waiting for beta 4 I guess and I'll be impressed.
Yeah, wait for beta 4. There is no need to start playing beta 3 anymore, it's going to be really outdated once I get beta 4 released.

Anyway, here is a little something I made today!

bootscreen.png

Yep, a bootscreen for the hack!

The interesting thing in making it was that I didn't have any sort of "insert a xx * yy pixelated image in this offset" program. The whole thing was done with a hex editor, assembly editor and tile layer editor for drawing the tiles, some were ripped off elsewhere inside the rom file.

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
This game is turning to be a great pokemon hack. (though it's already a good hack)

I can't wait to play beta 4.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I'm glad to here you're not rushing this and putting a lot of attention to detail. I am a bit bummed that the final release is going to be a while away, but by the way this has been progressing it makes me want to wait that long due to the fact that what you've been doing so far leads me to believe you definitely wont disappoint! The title screen looks very refreshing and the new hero sprite is really well done.

Good luck on the rest of it! I'm really looking forward to playing the next beta.

miksy91

Years
This game is turning to be a great pokemon hack. (though it's already a good hack)

I can't wait to play beta 4.
Thanks.

I'm glad to here you're not rushing this and putting a lot of attention to detail. I am a bit bummed that the final release is going to be a while away, but by the way this has been progressing it makes me want to wait that long due to the fact that what you've been doing so far leads me to believe you definitely wont disappoint!
I've been doing that before actually, all of the betas this far have been rushed even though they necessarily didn't have any bugs in them, just planning errors.
Now, I've been doing things in a more proper way, putting things in "final version shape". And I can tell that it's totally starting to pay off!

So I shouldn't disappoint you, especially if you're a fan of other RPG games. I've been picking lots of ideas of those, mainly Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy series, but there are more as well. Only thing I'm "afraid" of is the fact whether my own scenes feel sometimes too similar to ones introduced in them. After all, I don't want to be "copying" things, I want this to be something brand new, a new experience apart of them.

The title screen looks very refreshing and the new hero sprite is really well done.

Good luck on the rest of it! I'm really looking forward to playing the next beta.
Thanks! :)

Anyway, guess what...
It's a video-time!

I remember somebody requesting stuff related to storyline instead of just new features such as what I've mainly been introducing, so now I have some content to keep you entertained. It's a video of a cutscene in Raven's gym, in Granaldo City (and will also be one of the final events of beta 4).

Obviously because this has storyline content in it, it contains spoilers related to the storyline... So watch it at your own risk. It shouldn't spoil the gaming experience from beta 4 in any way though, might instead make things even more interesting.

miksy91

Years
I like what's going on the video. It really itching me to play the next beta.
Thanks, RED!

I've got another update for you guys!

97232295.png
15428512.png

The picture on the left shows a certain asm hack that makes you receive Battle Points (BP) instead of money if a battle simulator battle is won. And on the right, we've got a menu with a bunch of buyable things.

miksy91

Years
Will you be able to buy Elekid and Tyrogue?
Elekid, yes. Tyrogue is not in the list though.
But apart from these three that are shown in the image, there are ~15 other "items" you can get (around a half of them are pokemon, and there are two "secrets").

cabusao10

Pogi
Years
Whoa! You know me even though my account here is too old. :)

also im really curious about the how battle simulator works and how BP done, i might try to search it or maybe i could just ask it to you and put it on my hack, if it is only ok to you?

miksy91

Years
Whoa! You know me even though my account here is too old. :)
It's kinda obvious, you posted that "emerald hack" thread here as well.

also im really curious about the how battle simulator works and how BP done, i might try to search it or maybe i could just ask it to you and put it on my hack, if it is only ok to you?
I hacked it so that you're given BP if the money you would be given equals to 0. There is a routine starting at 0F:4FC3 that loads hl with the pointer of a text pointer. First, we load hl with 5009 and in 0F:5009 we've got F0 53. By loading hl with 5009, we would be printing text data from 40:53F0 later on.

At 0F:4FD6 and 0F:4FDC, we've got "jp 3CD6". This routine at $3CD6 is used to print text at 40:hl. So when the processor is about to execute one of those, I use "jp 7F1A" instead to jump to my own new routine.

This one checks whether the values in ram addresses CB65 and CB66 are 0 (this is where given money is stored). If either one of them is not 0, "jp 3CD6". If both are 0, it calls a new routine that is used to give you a certain amount of BP (this depends on the Trainer Number byte) and stores it in D57A where "coins" are originally stored (this is just for convenience, so that I can use "givecoins", "checkcoins" and "takecoins" operations without doing those with assembly). So in this new routine, it loads the amount of given BP to a register pair depending on the Trainer Number value (this works because all simulator battles are of the same Trainer Group).

How much it loads works simply with;

Code:
ld a, [TrainerNo]
ld e, a
ld d, 00
ld hl, $table 
add hl, de
add hl, de
ldi a, [hl]
ld h, [hl]
ld l, a

And next I add the value of hl into D57A by building a counter that checks whether the "ones" go above FF and if so, it increments "tens". And it also sets the maximum value of the counter to 27 0F (9999).

Go ahead and do something similar if you like though. If you want to add the possibility to gain BP from many Trainer Groups, you have to expand the table you load into hl but other than that, this is how it would work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
Awesome hack, sucked in already after 30 minutes of play. Quick question before I evolve my female Eevee into an espeon and regret it, is there a daycare center for breeding in this version or no?

miksy91

Years
Thanks! I'll try this it later. And of course i will give you credit for telling me this thing.
Thanks, I appreciate it (although this is not much really).

Awesome hack, sucked in already after 30 minutes of play. Quick question before I evolve my female Eevee into an espeon and regret it, is there a daycare center for breeding in this version or no?
Thanks!
Feel free to let your Eevee evolve into Espeon (or any other upper form too!). There is no daycare in beta 3, but you definitely won't regret doing that. That's because...
Spoiler:

Also, just wait till you see beta 4! That will not only include more content, but be much better than beta 3 in overall, with lots of new stuff to see and original things being implemented in better ways :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
i like it :D can't wait for the final version ><

very cool :) changes in 3.1 are cooler than 3.0 .

i even defeated isaac in one battle ><

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
I decided to trick my emulator and evolve it into an umbreon instead. Gotta love the stats on Umbreon. But yeh i guess considering its not a full version its no biggy. There are a lot of cool alternatives to catch even early on anyway. Vulpix Squirtle and sneasal are sweet options. Keep up the good work man. Its looking great so far.

I appreciate that you take the time to make Gen 1/2 hacks. They allow so much more freedom and tbh it feels more nostalgic as those are the versions I grew up with. Good luck :)

edit:
Question. What level does Jolteon learn an electric type move? Kinda need to know.

Last edited:
Back