• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Everything must be Pokemon Related)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

The new Mewtwo form (confirmed or not?) is bugging me, I'm not looking forward to seeing it in the games .-.

Me too. This also brings me back to what I said in another thread:

Well, I hope X and Y don't have too many legendaries. It sometimes gets to a point where being a legendary pokemon isn't just special anymore, it's just like, "meh".

I believe 98% of you would agree.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Couldn't agree more about the legendary thing! There's just way too many of them now, they lost their 'special factor' a long time ago for me. :(

Years
Yep. Kinda hard to believe that back when Red and Blue first came out, legendaries were as prized as shinies are today. Now there's just TOO MANY LEGENDARIES!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Are shinies even really prized today? There's just way too many of those in circulation too, I don't remember the last time I saw someone desperate to find a shiny haha. Things like RNG make them far too easy to find :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
0.I'm definitely going to grab it straight away once it comes out in Australia!
Also, Tara, why didn't you tell me you got a 3DS. :TTTT
Because I haven't been on Skype since I got it and you're not around PC enough. :(

I know some people who still have never gotten a shiny because they don't do trading or RNGing. So yes, for some people they still are prized. I myself really love it when I see a shiny because I am among those who don't RNG or anything.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Same. I've never RNG'd or hacked for a shiny.
(I tried RNG'ing once, but it confused me too much so I didn't really do anything...)
Anyways, I have met ONE shiny all my hours and years of Pokemon, and I caught it...but then it died because I lost my game. Hopefully I meet another.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

RNGed once for a Shiny Feebas. Took several hours. Never did it again. Although I've heard that RNGing on fifth generation is much easier I still don't have enough patience for it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm more interested on what the other Sixth Generation Pokemon are going to look like in general right now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Even if it's the region's bird or rat or whatever, I'd rather see them than another forme/evolution of a past Pokemon.

Years

I'm seriously thinking of going on a 6 month internet hiatus. As they say, out of sight out of mind. If I don't see anything more Pokemon X and Y related, I won't drive myself crazy wanting October to hurry up. Luckily I can keep myself busy nuzlocking all 5 gens.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I can wait mainly because I don't really have the money to spare and I doubt I really will anytime soon. And I'm not going to preorder yet because I don't know what version exclusive Pokemon I want yet.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016

I skipped black and white and b/w2 because of monetary constraints but with a nice job I think I'll manage x or y

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

My siblings and I all preordered either Black or White. As for B/W2 I preordered it and paid it off throughout the time it took for it to arrive. Paying it off $5 at a time was a good idea instead of just paying it all at once.

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years

Hmm.. I don't have a DS and at my current state of finances, i'll probably 9DS or whatever's Nintendo releases and play whatever vesrion comes up by then so I'll steer the discussion off-course for a while...

Just a random non sequitur yet Pokemon related questions that suddenly popped-up on my mind..
I don't understand why they had to include Ghost-types in the lineup and nerf it so much that it leaves a lot of questions.

• Do some of you think that they're sort of running out of ideas for Pokemon names?
  • Don't you think it would be awesome for the fans if they gave a not-so-subtle nod to Pokememes? (e.g. There could be a Trainer, a Pokefan, a Pokemaniac, a School Boy, a water-type Gym Leader, or an Elite Four, suddenly say "I LIEK MUDKIPZ" before launching into battle)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Despite Ghost-Types being nerfed I still like them a lot. Being the type with the least amount of Pokemon I'm hoping to see more next generation.

That would be pretty good if they subtly inserted Pokememes into the game, but not sure if they would ever go through with something like that. But as for name ideas I liked a good chunk of the names that they had last generation and the names this generation are (so far) not bad. Guess we'll see in the future what they come up with.

Back