• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon of the Week! [ June 9 - 16 ]

Who do you want for ~summery~ Pokemon of the Week?

• [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/8f/Spr_2c_182.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e7/Spr_2c_131.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/4b/Spr_2c_012.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Welcome to Pokemon of the Week! This week, we've got a theme of summer Pokemon! I've selected three Pokemon that are "summery" to choose from to decorate the forum splash for next week. Those Pokemon are...

Bellossom!
182.gif

Lapras!
131.gif

And Butterfree!
012.gif

Feel free to post and discuss which Pokemon you prefer of the three! Remember, the theme is summer, so bear that in mind!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My favourite out of the three would probably be Lapras. It is quite a well designed pokemon with a useful Ice/Water typing and a very iconic theme of surfing.

The other two pokemon aren't my kind of thing, as Butterfree just looks creepy with it's freakish face and Bellossom isn't a very interesting Grass type.

Years
As much as I think that Bellossom would probably fit the description of a Summer Pokemon the best out of the three, my vote has to go with Butterfree. It's been my favorite Pokemon for about as long as I can remember (part of the reason I'm rocking the Caterpie avatar/sig right now), so I'd love to see it as the forum's splash mascot next week.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I will admit, Butterfree is probably my favourite starter-bugs (i.e. Butterfree > Beedrill, Beautifly, Dustox), but that doesn't say much. I actually quite like Bellossom as a grass-type as well - the way its wearing a little hula skirt probably makes it the most summery of the three.

But Lapras is hands down my favourite out of them three. Great typing, versatile movepool, great design, known for being friendly, actually saved my life in Silph Co. on my first play of LeafGreen too (I was down to 1hp on my starter, all others fainted) by taking me to the bed on floor 9. He also appears in cool locations - Silph Co, that cave in Johto, and appearing in the summer resort in Ranger, so maybe it is summery :)
Basically what I'm trying to say is Lapras >>>> Bellossom > Butterfree xD

EDIT: Dude, no poll?!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YO I'm crazy haha. I was rushin' when I made this thread. I'm going to edit in a poll right now! I'm so sorry guys! We're gonna laugh about this one day, I promise. lol

Years
I love all three of these Pokemon so it was hard narrowing it down to who I'd pick, but I decided to go for Butterfree. It's one of my fave Bug-types and still remains a classic fan favorite thanks to the famous Butterfree owned by Ash in the anime. It's also my fave of the starting bugs as well!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'll have to go for Lapras, mainly because it's association with the ocean. Lapras also has that cool event in Union Cave and was used as transportation over the ocean for Ash & Co. during the Orange Islands episodes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2020
I'm going to go with Bellossom. This is completely based of the fact that I think it's got the best Gen II sprite out of the three. (Shallow I know, but oh well haha.)

Years
I like Butterfree the most so I'm going to vote for that because I think it & Bellossom represent summer equally well.

I really like Lapras but it doesn't seem as appropriate.

blue

gucci
Years
Gotta be Lapras, I like it's type combination and it can be very versatile with moves. It also has pretty sturdy stats in comparison to the other two.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I'm with Suicune. The poll is like comparing apples to oranges though. I'd pick Lapras before i'd even look at the other 2 considering type and stats alone.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It has to be Lapras for me. It's one of my favourite first gen pokemon.

Don't have much of an opinion on the other two.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
LaprasLaprasFTW

I think yes I'm with Lapras and I knew this as soon as I looked at the choices, not by other's comments lol. My fav out of the three, and a good Splash Pokémon (makes a loud splash!).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think a lot of you are missing the point of the theme being summer Pokemon, tbh. It's fine if you prefer something in game, but you should also consider the theme. Granted, they're all summery Pokemon in my eyes (and to those that helped me decide on the three in the poll this week), but it seems like hardly anyone has taken the theme into consideration.

Anyway, while I think all three fit the criteria (Butterfree and Lapras are even in the Southern Islands mini-set, which is very summery!), I'm going to go with Bellossom. It just makes me wanna go to Hawaii for the summer and forget all my troubles...which would be great right about now, haha. ;( I've used it in Sapphire for uhhh something...some even idr which and I enjoyed it. Haven't used Butterfree in a while. And Lapras I'm using in White 2 now, and I was using it in my last playthrough of SS. Definitely my MVP. But as far as the theme goes, I think Bellossom suits it best to a t.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't like any of them in particular, but I'd go with Lapras because it'd be soothing to sit on its back and surf out in the beach with it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I originally was just looking to see what this was, but decided to post because one of these is Lapras. :3

I think Lapras would be the most summery in my mind, not just because it's my username though. When I think of summer, I think of the ocean which is where Laprases are always found. It also kind of reminds me of Pokemon Ranger and Lapras surfing, and I think Lapras might be found somewhere in the Summer town? Though I can't remember very well, it's been a long time.

Also imo Bellossom and Butterfree remind me more of Spring because flowers and butterflies are related to spring n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back