• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Shiny?

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
My first was a Tentacool on Crystal. I didn't know what it was, it barely looked different. I only noticed it sparkled, I thought maybe I just hadn't noticed it made a move. I was about 7, so I don't judge myself for running away from it. It was just another ugly jellyfish to me.

Then, when I got nostalgic and wanted to play RSE, I used an online emulator thing. Found a shiny Poochyena. I like shiny Mightyena, so it was cool. I caught it! First one caught. It just wasn't like I could save the game or anything so, you know. Does that even count?

Technically, I haven't even caught one on a real game I guess.

Lucario14

PKMN Trainer Silver
Years
My first was a Hoppip in Pokemon Crystal, but i didnt have any pokeballs, so i couldt catch it :(

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Moved this into Pokémon Gaming Central, since it relates to the games rather then in general.

Moved.

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
My first shiny was a shiny zubat in Gold. He's now a Crobat and is currently in my Diamond save. :P

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Unofficially, a shiny Lugia that I got from a trade. (I know it's hacked but didn't care...)

Officially however it was a Starly in Pearl.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
shiny gyarados on gold lol
excluding that one, a ghastly on heartgold.

i did find a couple more during my 3rd gen runs but said runs were done on an emulator (couldn't afford to buy the console AND the games at the time, unfortunately) so those ones don't really count seeing as i was constantly playing at around 300% speed, which means i probably wouldn't have found a single one on the real games.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
A Pawniard. I've been playing Pokemon since second grade, yet most of the shinies I didn't receive from trades ended up being from Pokemon Black (and Black 2).

The worst part? After I caught it on my DSi, I left in on the table to go to the bathroom, and I forgot to save. Next thing you know, my brother is using the camera.

Worst. Day. Ever.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The only shiny that I've ever ran into was a shiny Carvanha on Sapphire. And what happened? Critical hit the thing into fainting >:(

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I've never actually seen a shiny but a friend of mine caught a Goldeen.
We was playing Heartgold and Soulsilver together.

Years
First shiny I found was a Golbat in Gold

First shiny I caught was a Geodude in Heart Gold. It's now in my Black version and has evolved into a Golem

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
First shiny was back in Silver, with a sneasel. I didn't even know how special shiny Pokemon were till the 4th gen, cause without a GBC, only the sparkles made a difference. I mean sure I had a GBA, but I rarely played silver on there cause of how badly the cartridge was sticking out of it.

Back