• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
On my AR codes aren't working, I've tried US codes and EU codes and UK codes and still not working. I've changed the region code of my game to match the codes and nothing is working, please help@?!

You need to update your Action Replay, for get one of the newer one's. That's all I can say, google the rest.

LegioN7

Wandering Trainer
Years
I am not sure exactly where to post this, so i'll ask in the quick questions thread.

I'm looking for help breeding, and i would appreciate if somone could contact me!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I am not sure exactly where to post this, so i'll ask in the quick questions thread.

I'm looking for help breeding, and i would appreciate if somone could contact me!

What do you mean by breeding help? Do you mean you want someone to open a shop with you in the Trade section or what? Because there are plenty of websites that give information on egg moves which is probably the most complicated part of breeding as it is fairly straight-forward (try Serebii.net). But if you are looking to make a breeding center or want someone to breed something for you just look around here to find someone to group with or to find someone that can breed for you.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
EV Training help plz!!!

Ok, so i got myself a new oshawott level1 and i gave him a macho brace as well as 10 proteins, i was told by most websites that after doing that if i killed 30 patrats and lillipups ill have maxed out the ev for my oshawott on attack. i did all this yet my oshawott only gains 2 points on attack wen he levels up can sum1 explain y and what to do? thanks!!

Years
The change in stats you get from EV training is gradual. You won't see results right away, but at level 100, there will be a considerable difference compared to if those EVs weren't there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Has anyone gotten hold of a female Dream World Pokemon? I've only found males, males, and more males... So apparently Dream World Abilities can be passed down through breeding from the female...and yet I have yet to find a single female.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
^I've found 12 on the English version and more than 40 on the Japanese version. It's all chance, but basically the better you do on a minigame the more likely you will get either a female or a male with a special move.

Gwaponezz

DIE BISSHES!!!
Years
I Need HELP Summoning landorus.

Umm.. i brought tornadus and thundurus to the shrine and when i interact with the shrine it only says "It's a small weathered shrine HELP!!!

P.S : Does the tornadus and thundurus need to be both english cause my tornadus is japanese and my thundurus is english.. HELP!!

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Years
It is kind of confusing to figure out exactly what it means. Put simply, if your Pokémon has Mold Breaker, any of these abilities will be nullified if your opponent has one of them (see spoiler tag):

Spoiler:

Ability description on Bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mold_Breaker

So for example: Your Pokémon has Mold Breaker and your opponent has Limber, meaning it can't be paralyzed. Your Pokémon with Mold Breaker can paralyze the opponent, because Mold Breaker nullifies Limber.

Last edited:

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
How long does the effect of the move QUASH last? One round?

I have the liberty ticket but I already beat geistis and destroyed team plasma.
is it too late to get victini? instead of the ferry there's strange black boat

Wrong pier. Use the last jetty on the WESTERN-most point of castelia.

reading the signs, seek out the one saying LIBERTY PIER. Then just go down from that sign.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Umm.. i brought tornadus and thundurus to the shrine and when i interact with the shrine it only says "It's a small weathered shrine HELP!!!

P.S : Does the tornadus and thundurus need to be both english cause my tornadus is japanese and my thundurus is english.. HELP!!

Hum... Well, according to Bulbapedia, one of the Pokémon need to be under your ownership, most presumably the one in your version. If you have that true, then there's another possibility. While there doesn't seem to be anything that's proven about it (From what I can find), there's talk about how indeed that region affects whether Landorus will appear or not...

For instance, another person such a concern in Bulbapedia's Talk Page for Abundant Shrine. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Abundant_Shrine (Bottom of the page)

A user on a Gamespot wanted to test this theory and used Pokesav to see if it worked, and according to his experience, the theory proves true... http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonds3/show_msgs.php?pid=989552&topic_id=m-1-58460255

So perhaps you need to get a Thunderus/Tornadus native to your region?

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
Okay, this is ****ing pissing me off. Why did they design the ****** game so that your Eevee evolves into a Leafeon even if you are as far away from the damn Moss Rock as can be? Is there any other good EV training spot for Defense that won't **** me up like this, so I have to use an Everstone in place of a Power Item so it takes triple the time to finish the Ev Training?

****, I'm still pissed. I'm in a rush to finish up starting the EV Training before heading to bed, but no matter where I am, if I'm across the map from the moss rock, it counts as "near the moss rock" and evolves it against my protests. I know there's the evolution cancel technique, but this will happen every damn time I level up, and this is a level 1 Eevee here. It'll be leveling sporadically, and be wasting some time and pissing me off too.

Sorry for the rage, just letting out my rage here.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
There's Chargestone Cave...

Ferroseed gives out 1 Defense EV and Klink gives out 1 Defense EV. Their encounter rate together is 49% in the 1st Floor and 46% in the 2nd. Just watch out for the Joltiks. Boldore, for the record, gives 1 Defense EV as well, but it also gives out 1 Attack EV too, so just take note of that.

Wellspring Cave also can work well... Roggenrola's are only 1 Defense EV a rock and it has a 50% chance of appearing. Just keep running away from those Woobats.

I had to face a similar problem too when I was trying to train my Lillipup that had Pickup as an Ability. It was annoying initially, but I tolerated it to the best of my ability. (aka hammering that B button, haha.)

Fiendly

Never let go.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Is it considered hacking if you obtain a Pokemon using the Black and Whites GTS glitch?
I just got a Shiny Porygon-Z lol..

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
My Pokedex shows me a shiny sprite of Entei instead of the normal one. I have only seen a shiny Entei so far, but I thought the Pokedex will register the normal sprite instead of the shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back