• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Often Do You 'Clean Up' Your PC?

Years
This includes...

Hard Drive Defragmentation
Registry Cleanup/Defrag
Virus Scans
Organizing Files and Folders
Deleting old files

You get the idea.

I do anti-virus scans every 3 days (and Anti-spyware).
I clean up my registry (With TuneUp Utilites) every week.
I defrag my hard drives every 3-4 weeks.
I organize my files and folders daily.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
I use window washer every single day, and i mean every single day. It takes care of most things that you would need, i literally cleaned like 1 gigabyte one day. It's an amazing program :P But yeah, i clean it everyday after browsing the web...

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
Years
I clean it pretty much almost everyday, CCleaner to clear up all the miscellaneous bits and defragment while I browse the internet or delete files from the Recycle Bin and clean up files to corresponding folders. It just really annoys me when I know there's clutter on my laptop.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020

Gerri Shin

  
Years

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I assume you mean on my Windows machines.
Defraggler roughly once a week
Registry Cleanup
Mostly harmless.
Virus Scans
If something's acting odd or running slowly, I do a virus scan, or if I haven't done one in a few months.
Rarely, if ever. I use dir and wildcards and get results almost as fast as if I had that bloated indexer going. For instance, if I wanted to find a file and I only remembered that its name contained "two," I would type "dir /s *two*" and get relatively fast results.
Deleting old files
Roughly every other week with CCleaner.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
- I have never once. I will probably start every now and then.
Registry Cleanup/Defrag
- Every couple of days.
Virus Scans
- Every night.
- Right when I download.
Deleting old files
- Whenever I stop using them and realize.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Run spy bot S&D once a week

Usually do complete reformat every four months.

I only delete stuff when im almost out of hdd space.

Defrag monthly

engage'

a new horizon
Years
I run virus/anti spyware checkers weekly. And I clean my desktop once a month. :S

But that's about all I do.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2023

Never, not required of NTFS.

Registry Cleanup/Defrag

Never, as I don't uninstall things.

Virus Scans

I do not run anti virus.

When it comes to stuff I've downloaded then yes, like anime and music into folder trees.

Deleting old files

Not often, usually only installers and disc images that I've just burned.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
I just wiped out everything a couple days ago because of some annoying trojans =| I only had like 5 gigs of space left anyways, I kinda needed to get rid of all my useless junk from a couple years ago.

Virus scans are every Saturday, done automatically.

Years
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Never, not required of NTFS.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Never, as I don't uninstall things.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]I do not run anti virus.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

When it comes to stuff I've downloaded then yes, like anime and music into folder trees.

Not often, usually only installers and disc images that I've just burned.
The highlighted text confused me. If you're not running an AV, then I will assume you don't run Windows, so why are you using NTFS?

I rarely clean up. I put stuff where it needs to go when I save it and I do a fresh install of my OSs around every 6 months, so I copy what I want from a pre-format backup.

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
If you're not running an AV, then I will assume you don't run Windows, so why are you using NTFS?

I run Windows, and my antivirus is my brain.

The only real thing I clean up is my desktop, and that's only after I get sick of seeing the icons on it. Every few months I'll run CCleaner.

Years
I run Windows, and my antivirus is my brain.

The only real thing I clean up is my desktop, and that's only after I get sick of seeing the icons on it. Every few months I'll run CCleaner.
Yeah, I'm not too sure how effective that will be, but it's worth running a standalone virus scanner every so often if you don't want the performance drop.

Back