• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Hurrah! I've been checking this thread every now and then, looking for a beta, and now its there! Lost track of it for a few months, but now its there!

From the looks of it, it looks very promising. Keep up the good work!

darr123

Expert trainer
Years
Just a question, what screensize and resloution are you using here ?

Anyaway just got my pokemon :)

SMA_H

The Dark Victini in Disguise
Years
Baby time!
I LOVE the babymon idea! It's about time pincir and onix had a pre-evolution!
The elite six, champion double battle, and 4th gen pokemon are great. And also...
LOOKATTHECUTEBABYONIX!!!!! SOOOOOOCUTE!!!
What's it called?

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Question:
Why is your game file an .exe?

EDIT: frgt it, found out its not an ips game after all.

:P, think you might want to check what section this is. .IPS files are over at the Emulation section as they are the Rom Hack files. Here we use .exe most often as the format of game dev.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
srry, didnt see that, I stumbled upon here thru google and sigs ^^. Still, good game uptil now, except I am finding a few glitches every now and then... and why does the already saved game have two bulbasaurs as the team?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I'm back unexpectedly early! But not for an update, I'll just be answering peoples questions. Thanks for all of your comments!

@Amore: The first time I read, this I read "shouldn't" as "should xD
But don't worry, I won't be including 5th gen 'mon in XENOTIME. Well, maybe a few ;)

@Angeldelivery: I'm experimenting with different palettes for the trees, which I think may need changing. The other palettes, however, will be staying mostly the same. There are two reasons for this. The first, and main reason, is that I want to spend more time working on parts of the game aside from the graphics. And the second is that I just plain like the palettes, I do accept your cc, but it is my game and every time I change a palette I just don't like it as much.

@darr123: The resolution is 284x160, and the aspect ratio 16:9.

@SMA_H: The Baby 'mon don't have names yet, as I haven't decided how they'll evolve yet.

@FrostPheonix: The save file is the one I used for testing things, so it has a load of random stuff in it xD

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2015
Very nice. I just don't like how it's a standard pokemon game. I like it when things are switched up a little bit. Other than that, AMAZING job!

flamz321

Redefining the arts...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 13, 2024
Wow this looks promising. Way to go! The screens are certainly vivid and in no way lack greens and blues.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Looking at the screen-shots of your game you have made a lot of effort. I wish you the best of luck in your career of making games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I think you should give your baby pokémon really smart, intelligently-thought-out names.

Like calling baby Torkoal "Testufor" because that's a combination of the latin names for Tortoise and Oven.

Btw, nice Umbrella! But if the woman gives him her umbrella, shouldn't it be pink?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I think you should give your baby pokémon really smart, intelligently-thought-out names.

Like calling baby Torkoal "Testufor" because that's a combination of the latin names for Tortoise and Oven.

Btw, nice Umbrella! But if the woman gives him her umbrella, shouldn't it be pink?
Well I think I just found the perfect person to decide the names xD
That's a really good idea, it's like a more advanced way of how the official Pokémon are named.

Oh, erm, let's just say it was her husbands ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday

Haha, you're adding new elements of realism - untrustworthy women! :P
that's not at all a sexist comment :/

I doubt I'd ever come up with any other good names - I just love Torkoal, so I wanted to suggest something for baby Torkoal.

I think I may download the demo of this game, and give it a spin.

Ok, I've downloaded it, and there're a couple of things:

- The "bump" noise when you walk into things is a bit loud compared to everything else, and quickly goes into repeat mode.
- The "Kingler" in the first town says "Kingler" then you hear Krabby's cry.
- When you first enter Larcoon's Lab, the first woman you see just ignores you. And you can walk on top of the table where the Poké Ball is. Then when you click on the Poké Balls up there, some random voice labelled "Professor" asks you if you want that pokémon. It doesn't make sense.
- Oh no, this is major - I chose Mudkip, and now I'm trapped in a text loop, being repeatedly told the same thing by the invisible Professor Larcoon.
- Oh, and if you select "resume" from the pre-saved data, you end up with a different sprite and two Bulbasaur?

The woman robbing you of all your money was a nice touch. But I kinda hope that all the problems are only happening to me...

Last edited:

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
So Xenotime is actually I game that I want to be finished already lol.
I don't usually pay attention to many of the games that are made unless they grab my attention, but Xenotime grabbed my attention for sure!
I hope there are more updates to come soon enough x)

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
this game looks soo cool, i would be honored to play it
i really really wish you finish this game..

& my opinion put some of the 5 gen poké in it

chimcharsfireworks

Lennetto Region Champion
Years
Looks great, though the proffesor is a little too mean :P

Also looking at the pokedex it's a little odd that you have every water type starter Pokemon but have eliminated all but 2 of the fire starters in your game. It's just a bit weird.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Update!

Well I said it'd be two months until the next update, and it turned out to be a lot longer. The last update was all the way back in the Spring at the start of May! Anyway, onto the too long waiting update.

XENOTIME Demo 1.0 Coming Soon

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the demo taking so long, and everyone having to cope with the current error filled one for so long. You see, when I released the other, instead of taking time and fixing the errors it had, I got too far ahead of myself and implemented features which made it impossible to release another one for a substantial amount of time. The main one was the menu system, which you'll be able to see below. It was really bad judgement on my part, so sorry for that.

So, for those who don't know about version 1.0 of the demo, it'll include everything that was in version 0.2, but Shrent City, two more routes, the first three gyms and improved story progression will also be included. It'll also have (hopefully) no bugs. I've learned from my mistake with version 0.2 of the demo, and this version will be thoroughly beta tested before release. I won't be giving a definitive release date for the demo, but it will come out some time this Autumn.

XENOTIME-Menu-Completed-253403786
xenotime_menu__completed__by_peekychew-d46vbm2.png

And now for the part which everyone has immediately scrolled down to, the eye candy. Due to my lack of scripting knowledge, this is the part which really held back the demo. But finally, aside from one little easy to fix bug, it's fully scripted. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and at how easy it actually ended up being to script, so what do you think?

---------------------------------------
@Amore: Well, maybe not realism, but there will be quite a lot of black humour in the game xD
I'm really sorry for all of these errors, but I can promise they will all be fixed in the next version of the demo. You will be beta testing it, after all ;)

@YourBoiiAcee: Thanks!
Right now I'm just trying to finish the game without adding anything from the 5th gen, but I will still consider adding at least some of the 'mon. Zorua is already in it, anyway.

@chimcharsfireworks: Thank you. Trust me, there's a good reason for her anger xD
That's just because I don't really like those starters, not that they're fire and not water. There is quite a lack of fire Pokémon in all of the generations, so I've tried to make up for it by adding a lot of them in.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Is there anything I can do to prevent the professor's nasty speech from perpetually looping after I choose a pokemon? She finishes her dialogue and then as soon as I press enter she starts up again, I can't move or do anything.

Why does this seem to happen only to me? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back