• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Power of the Mind - A Psychic-type fanclub~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
Trick Room is a really fun Psychic type move! Although I don't play much competitively, I love experimenting with Trick Room teams, especially in double battles, because it allows for all the slow Pokémon to shine.

I also like Calm Mind and Amnesia, simply because they're all about finding inner peace and that. ^^
"The user temporarily empties its mind to forget its concerns. It sharply raises the user's Sp. Def stat."

Oh, and thanks for promoting me already!

YAMI999

Pokemons A Class Dragon Master
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
my top 5 favorite psychic moves are Psychic, Psybeam, Luster Purge, Stored Power & PsyShock.

& Even though Ninetails isnt a psychic type she still can use psychic type moves & is telekinetic.

Last edited:
Years
What are some of your favourite Psychic-type moves?

Psychic! <3; This movie is amazing and so strong. At least one Pokemon in every one of my teams have this move in their movepool. Calm Mind is pretty good for boosting stats and setting up though, but I don't use it as often for ingame battles.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Trick Room is a really fun Psychic type move! Although I don't play much competitively, I love experimenting with Trick Room teams, especially in double battles, because it allows for all the slow Pokémon to shine.

I find Trick Room really hard to use, simply because I prefer quick-sweepers over bulky ones when I am playing competitively. However, I once used a Trick Room Reuniclus party and I managed to win a whole 8-man tournament. I never used Trick Room afterwards since I knew I relied too much on luck during those battles.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
I find Trick Room really hard to use, simply because I prefer quick-sweepers over bulky ones when I am playing competitively. However, I once used a Trick Room Reuniclus party and I managed to win a whole 8-man tournament. I never used Trick Room afterwards since I knew I relied too much on luck during those battles.

I realise Trick Room might not be the very best move to use competitively, but I still like to try! You winning that tournament goes to show that it isn't completely useless either.
I myself remember winning so many double battles on PBR Wi-fi with only Furret, Exeggutor, Marowak and Butterfree! :3

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
My favourite Psychic type moves are Psycho Cut and Psystrike, It's sad that only 2 Pokemon can learn Psystrike in the whole series, but it's a strong move nonetheless. Also Psycho Cut is 1 of 2 Physical Psychic-type moves, so it's useful on Pokemon like Medicham and Gallade, which lack in Special Attack.

YAMI999

Pokemons A Class Dragon Master
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers? I would manipulate the minds of all my enemies & make em my slaves & have a huge army, i'd also fly/teleport, move through walls etc....

sonic dont forget Psycho Boost lol.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Seems like you'd use your powers, to eliminate those who are conspiring against you. Oh lol, forgot psycho boost :/

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

It'll always be trusty old Psychic, of course! It's the most powerful and 100% accurate Psychic-type move that has never failed me and utilizes most Psychic-type Pokemon's high Special Attack to its maximum potential. I also like Calm Mind and Cosmic Power - they give incredibly useful stat boosts to help turn the match to my favour. The added Special Attack and Special Defence boost for Calm Mind, as well as Special Defence and Defence for Cosmic Power makes my Psychic-type a great asset every time.

lynkdead

Psychic Pokefan
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Username: Lynkdead

Partner Pokemon: No Psychics yet! I just started again. (Soon, hopefully)

Fav Psychic-types: Kadabra, Mewtwo, (possibly Victini - He seems interesting, especially being I don't have strong favorites in fire)

Why you like the Psychic-type: I started to like the psychic type the moment I saw Kadabra on the Pokemon cartoon years, and years ago. I enjoyed his behavior in general (and come on, he carries a spoon just so he can sit around bending it - I'm all for showmanship). The idea of fighting an opponent without ever lifting a finger is also monumentally impressive.

So, aside from all that, I'm kinda new here at the forums. Nice to meet everyone.

Years

Definitely Psychic, it's one of the best Psychic-type moves out there and just about every Psychic Pokemon can learn it, making good use of their Special Attack stat. Also Calm Mind and Cosmic Power which can boost their power and their defensiveness respectively. There's also Psycho Cut and Zen Headbut for those physical-based Psychics such as Gallade can use to complement their higher Attack stats.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
NAME: hiinotama
PARDNER: Sherbet the Slowpoke.
FAVOURITES? Slowpoke-line and Ralts-line... but there are actually very few PSYCHICtypes that i actually dislike.
WHY LIKE PSYCHIC? i guess because i like the fact they're associated with great intelligence. and apart from that, telekinesis is SUCH a useful power to have!

discussion topics:
IF I BECAME A PSYCHICtype: i'd make everything float. because why not.
FAVOURITE PSYCHIC MOVES?
Psychic, hands down. apart from that, i enjoy moves like Agility and Trick Room as well. for my Slowpoke!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Partner Pokemon: Kyra the Espeon
Favourite Psychic-types: Starmie, Mew, Espeon, Latias, Jirachi, Metagross, Cresselia
Why you like the Psychic-type: They're powerful and reliable Pokemon when I use them on my team. Psychic also had the coolest attack animation in GSC. I love spamming Psychic!

If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?
I'd love to be able to lift things with my mind. I'd also like to try floating myself. Can I also teleport candy and snacks right to my room? I'll try not to read minds, though. I wouldn't like that done to me, so yeah. ;o

I like Latios's unique move, Luster Purge, for its burst-of-light animation in RSE. Battle-wise, I really appreciate having Calm Mind and Hypnosis around for their usefulness. A couple of Calm Minds have saved me from being defeated. Psychic and Psybeam have helped out tremendously in all my games, too.

Years
Username: Dangelitus
Partner Pokemon: Darvius the Alakazam
Favourite Psychic-types: Alakazam, Metagross, Espeon, Starmie and celebi (not sure if its psych) and Mewtwo

Why you like the Psychic-type: They are incredible powerful, and in the first chapter of the serie, they look invencible XD, besides, like psych pokemon, you can talk with them just using your mind, so in a battle i guess you cand give him orders without saying a word, so the other trainer doesn't know what attack you will use XD.

If you became a Psychic-type Pokemon all of a sudden, what would you do with your newfound powers?
I would read the mind of my opponets for a easy win. In test or contest i would read the mind of the owners to obtain the correct answer, and I wold use my telekinesis to fly XD

Psychic and calm mind because with this two moves my kadabra in the first games i played destroy almost all their oponents.

P. D. I guess the user bar for the psy club is down, i can't see it.

Last edited:

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Username: j_Woo
Partner Pokemon: Chester the Grumpig
Favourite Psychic-types: Grumpig, Lugia, Espeon, Alakazam, Mew, Slowking
Why you like the Psychic-type: I've always preferred special attacking to physical attacking, and I think intelligence is mo betta

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Nice to see some new faces here. Welcome! Nice to see fellow Psychic-type fans among us :D
I have to sleep now, so see you tomorrow...sorry

[Edit] Okay, well back, I guess...and welcome again to j_Woo and Dangelitus!
Seems like most of the people here would use their powers to either read minds, or manipulate items..that's pretty smart. Your new Psychic powers could help you out with things, like finding out secrets and stuff similar (I'd call that abuse of power though, so idk).

I'm currently thinking bout promotions...I guess I'll leave a few days open, so any club member can create discussion topics, if you wish. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Thanks for the welcome, its great to see many people like the psychic pokemon.

And a topic for the group.

What is the most impressive psychic pokemon that you have seen in the anime?

I remember 2 very well:

1) Mewtwo with the team rocket. I remeber to see him with their armor and beaten all the team of Gary Oak

2) I'm remember a chapter when someone wake up two giants pokemon, one alakazam and a Gastly, but giants XD.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
What is the most impressive psychic Pokemon that you have seen in the anime?
You're asking me to recall stuff I haven't seen in like, 5+ years.. lol. Well, Mewtwo was absurdly powerful in the first movie. Not only could he fight one on one like any other Pokemon, he also had the intelligence to create his island, amass all those devices to clone Pokemon, create that storm, and brain wash Nurse Joy. :O Mew had some impressive moves one normally wouldn't imagine if just playing the games, too. Bubbles. <3

Hmm, the Unown in their movie could also do a lot more than they can in the games.

Oh oh! I think in one of the Battle Frontier episodes, Anabel could telepathically communicate with her Pokemon. Just how awesome would that be. >.<

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
Years
IMPRESSIVE MOVIE-PSYCHICtype?
well, my favourite legendary Pokémon in general is DEOXYS, so i'm going to list that! lets face it though, that 'mon's abilities - shifting forms, creating doubles, telepathy, area scanning, and that gorgeous aurora - theres no topping it!
BUT i have to say mewtwo and unown were indeed also quite cool. i'm excited for the new Genesect movie, too! i wonder how Mewtwo's new forme is going to play into it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back