• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2016
Both of your guys' points were already addressed in the notepad file that comes with Beta 1, that I literally titled, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING"...

Yes, you can continue your current save file from Beta 1 in future releases (though if you do so, there might be some glitch with the Rocket Grunt on the Nugget Bridge due to me changing the variable in order to fix it), and as for the TM descriptions, I specifically said in the attached notepad file that I haven't edited those yet.

Whoops. Sorry about that. And checking through recent posts, I see you also have learned about (and fixed) the Disable glitch. I've mixed feelings about Scald being reverted to Water Pulse. I like Scald. I already taught it to a Pokemon - could that cause any glitches when I patch 1.1?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
this game .. made me ..... cry from the happiness :')

i can't wait for the last version

i got the third badge .. so ... i must stay without doing anything until you finish this incredible work

thank you so much

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Whoops. Sorry about that. And checking through recent posts, I see you also have learned about (and fixed) the Disable glitch. I've mixed feelings about Scald being reverted to Water Pulse. I like Scald. I already taught it to a Pokemon - could that cause any glitches when I patch 1.1?
Misty was way too powerful with Scald, which I didn't realize was an 80 BP move. Scald is still in the game, it's just not a TM. Remember, I didn't replace any old moves, I simply added more moves, so there are no problems that will occur with you teaching Scald to a Pokemon.

ty for releasing 1.1 i wait for a final beta
And your version of Johto next if you still want to release all gens like u said before xD
I'm not 100% sure on what I will do next. But I'm thinking it will be best to do DarkCrystal afterwards to tie up loose ends with the whole Kamon-Giovanni arc.

Wow! I like this hack. It gives me a feeling of me being Gold and Red at the same time! The maps and music are from johto right?
Johto isn't in this game.

are gonna add mega evos for the starters? If not,I think you should!
No, there will be no Mega Evolutions. X/Y will have absolutely no influence on DarkViolet.

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
Music maybe, the maps are not.

I think what he meant to say is the Maps are similar to how kanto looked in HG/SS? But I'm not certain. There are similar things, like the Viridian city buildings. But these are done from scratch if I'm not mistaken, and just a slight bit inspired from HG/SS.

I've played up through the first gym battle and love it so far. I like the pacing and the way the characters are being portrayed. Great work!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
No, what I mean is that the maps and music are from G/S/C in the kanto quest.

Music maybe, the maps are not.

I think what he meant to say is the Maps are similar to how kanto looked in HG/SS? But I'm not certain. There are similar things, like the Viridian city buildings. But these are done from scratch if I'm not mistaken, and just a slight bit inspired from HG/SS.

Let me clarify:
The map layouts are generally based off of HG/SS's Kanto map layouts, but proportionately shrunken down so that the same viewable area would appear when comparing it on a GBA screen vs a DS screen. I am not copying the HG/SS maps 1:1 because then the maps would be freakin huge. Most building designs are the HG/SS buildings redrawn by me in the R/S/E art style.

As for the music, a lot of it is modified from HG/SS, some of it is custom, and there's a couple songs I'm leaving unchanged from FR/LG.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Why couldn't this game be the official fire red? It's just so AMAZING! =D What makes it even better is that you use the actual pokemon cry for some of Gen. IV instead of just replacing another pokemon using their cry. You sir are the best. Definitely see the effort you put into this. Keep up the good work Chaos Rush.

Roger Davis

Goofball
Years
I might sound like an idiot, but which fire red rom should I use?
You don't have to use a specific one, per se, you just have to make sure you use a clean one. This means it should not be modified in any way. Most rom sites will give out clean ones. If the rom is not clean, it will usually have a note saying its patched or something. If you meant language, Go with (U).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Any fire red ROM basically.

There are two versions of FireRed out there.
Make sure to have a clean and unedited version 1.0 FireRed ROM.

I have never seen a version 1.1 yet, so no clue what's the difference, or how to tell which ROM is which.

Years
There are many ways to find which is 1.0 and which is 1.1

I found which version i got by reading the NFO files of a roms release xD

Regarding the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 i only found that its related to cheat codes so theres nothing new or any bug fixes

Back